What's new

Hello from Denver

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

IBM

New Contributor
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
3
Location
Denver
Rep Bank
$85
User Power: 33%
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm currently a real estate investor in the Denver area that focuses on fix and flips, but am looking to eventually pursue commercial real estate and business opportunities across the world.

I, like most people, started in the slowlane. My parents forced me to go to college and get an education so I could get a J.O.B. - well like a good son, I did so and eventually got hired with a large telecom company...only to be laid off 9 months later. I eventually found work again with a new home builder and became one of the top salesman. However, my boss and I didn't get along and when my sales slowed down he fired me at the 11 month mark. I have never held a job longer than a year. At this point I had enough of the corporate and vowed I would never depend on a company or a manager to control my future. Plus I was just a lousy employee ;)

Fortunately, I had read Rich Dad Poor Dad at the end of college and the light bulb finally went off. I knew that I could never become wealthy and financially independent by holding a job. So I set out to pursue real estate investing and have not looked back since. I have done many fix and flips, short sales and about every creative type of transaction you could do.

There was a huge learning curve to getting started - but just as MJ's theory illustrated - the growth potential for owning your business is exponential. I made many costly mistakes and will continue to do so - because I think part of becoming successful by taking chances. Sometimes you lose, but hopefully you make enough good decisions to keep fighting.

Real estate had been good to me and it is a great way to step out of the slowlane, but I'm now at the point where I want to find other opportunities and grow as a business person. I hope I can share my experiences from residential real estate and learn from others as well.

Thanks and look forward to speaking with you all!

International Business Man
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jimmu vjisi, ximduni vu vji getvmepi, vjeplt gus vji opvsu, xi juqi vjev zua tvodl esuapf tu xi dep miesp gsun zuas iyqisoipdi epf juqigammz jimq zua edjoiwi zuas huemt epf fsient :)
Djiist.
 
Jimmu vjisi, ximduni vu vji getvmepi, vjeplt gus vji opvsu, xi juqi vjev zua tvodl esuapf tu xi dep miesp gsun zuas iyqisoipdi epf juqigammz jimq zua edjoiwi zuas huemt epf fsient :)
Djiist.

Fovvu...O juqi zua tvodl esuapf gus et muph et quttocmi epf xi dep emm miesp tunivjoph gsun zuas iyqisoipdi.
 
OCN,

Jimmu epf vjepl zua gus zuas optqosoph tvusz. Ov tuapft moli zua jewi ipuahj iyqisoipdi gus zuas uxp cuul tu O juqi xi esi gusvapevi ipuahj vu jies tuni nusi gsun zua.

Ximduni ecuesf!! :jassez:
 
Jiz OCN!

Ov't emxezt hsiev vu hiv epuvjis SIO haz up vji gusant. Zua'mm gov op katv gopi esuapf jisi. O'n muuloph gusxesf vu jiesoph zuas tvusoit epf uggisoph nz efwodi xjisi O dep. Juqigammz zua dep viedj at epf xi dep viedj zua op sivasp.

Sinincis vu veli qodvasit ug emm vji goy/gmoqt zua esi xusloph up! Nezci hiv e cmuh huoph moli tuni ug vji uvjis SIO hazt jisi tu xi dep gummux zuas qsuhsitt et zua nuwi vjsuahj foggisipv tvehit ug pix qsukidvt.

Huuf vu jewi zua ecuesf.

H_Emiyepfis
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom