The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from an idea guy

Idea threads

TimTonic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Sep 12, 2020
Germany
Hi INSIDERS,

I wanted to take the chance and say hello. My name is Tim, 34 years of age and I am from Germany. I am married to a beautiful women and we have a beautiful daughter of 2,5 years age. Usually I wait a long time and read a lot free stuff before I pay for something on the internet. But this is different, completely different.

I read unscripted within about 2 weeks and it entirely changed everything for me. Eversince I can think of, I wanted to start a business but I never executed. Hence, my way in the system was obviously. Finish school, study and get a job. But the thing is, it never fully fit into my personality. In the meantime it is pure torture for me to be employed. My "problem" is, that I make quit a lot money without having to work that much, which makes me terribly complacent with regard changing anything.

A couple of months ago I read "Can't hurt me" written by David Goggins. This changed my view on motivation when it comes to working out and being on a diet. In one of his interviews I listened to, he said: "the mind controls everything". I was already aware of this, but actually never really thought about it. My biggest problem is, that I am an idea guy, as @MJ DeMarco puts it in one of the last chapters in Unscripted . I have quite good ideas which may (or may not) become a profitable business, but I never acted on them, because my mind was in my way. I always found a reason why it will not work, instead of finding reasons why it works. I honestly don't understand myself sometimes.

No book ever hit me so hard in the face as Unscripted . I never before could relate so much to the words of a book as in Unscripted . Joining Fastlane last week and as of today the INSIDERS, is me kicking myself in my butt, shouting: something must change! I cannot longer accept being part of the rat-race, if life has so much more to offer than working for someone form Monday to Friday, only to try to "live" at two days and take some days off during the next 30+ years.

I am very much looking forward to reading here everything available and finally acting on ideas I have, leaving the idea guy and the rat race behind. Any comments are highly welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Tim.

dennisgerik

Unemployable?
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 24, 2015
Seattle, WA
My biggest problem is, that I am an idea guy, as @MJ DeMarco puts it in one of the last chapters in Unscripted. I have quite good ideas which may (or may not) become a profitable business, but I never acted on them, because my mind was in my way. I always found a reason why it will not work, instead of finding reasons why it works. I honestly don't understand myself sometimes.

Tim, from one Idea Guy to another - welcome Brother!

Looking forward to swapping stories and ideas. What's one of your latest ideas? Maybe give it a run through MJ's Grade My Business Idea: Business Ideas and Opportunities Rated Fast

TimTonic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Sep 12, 2020
Germany
@dennisgerik thank you and so good to see, I am not that alone. I already saw the grade my business page and I need to formulate the idea in order to run it through the rating.

By saying you are/were an idea guy as well: how did you overcome this problem? Or what are you doing to make the next step and start over? Currently I am "feeling" that something changed and I am different now compared to my life before TMF and Unscripted . But still baby steps....if you know what I mean.

BTW your name sound very German - are you originally from Seattle?

dennisgerik

Unemployable?
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 24, 2015
Seattle, WA
@dennisgerik
By saying you are/were an idea guy as well: how did you overcome this problem?

BTW your name sound very German - are you originally from Seattle?

@TimTonic - don't get me wrong - I am still a MAJOR Idea Guy. I can see ideas just about anywhere for anything... One thing I found that helps me is keeping a notebook with me to allow me to write it down and dump it out of my head.

RE: my name - it is actually Czech and I am originally from Fort Worth, TX. My family came from a small town south of Fort Worth...it had a large Czech population.

TimTonic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Sep 12, 2020
Germany
@dennisgerik I use evernote on my phone which happens to be with me all the time. It is very good for keeping ideas and thoughts. It is also somehow a journal for me to keep everything at hand and read it when needed.

You think it might help if we talk regularly via pm to kick our butts and stop being idea guys and start being fastlane entrepreneurs :)

dennisgerik

Unemployable?
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 24, 2015
Seattle, WA
You think it might help if we talk regularly via pm to kick our butts and stop being idea guys and start being fastlane entrepreneurs :)

Tim, absolutely - I'd appreciate making a new friend. Feel free to ping when you like.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.