The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Afghanistan

Scuzzlebutt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 20, 2012
Hey everyone, ive been lurking these forums for a few months now and have come across TONS of awesome information and must say I've learned more from just reading through this site than I did my last 4 years of highschool. Well done MJ and another thanks to those who contribute so much invaluable information. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan with the army and have been reading through these forums the whole deployment, now a month from going back home im hoping to put some of the things I learned here into action. My short-mid term goal is to buy my first piece of real estate in Georgia, and rent it out when I change duty stations. earning some equity and cashflow. Anyways going to keep it short my internet here likes to shut down every few mins, see you all around the forums.:tiphat:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Welcome! And thanks for your service. USMC vet here, started off doing the same thing you're talking about. Bought a property, planned to fix and rent it when I PCS'd, ended up staying and EAS'ing here(CA), so I'm finishing it up and gonna get a tenant into it. Slow but steady progress with a conservative plan such as ours. This forum has really opened my eyes up to the benefits of scalability and the Fastlane. Where in Afghan are you?

Good luck, stay safe!

Mike

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You're 2 years older than me, off in Afghanistan fighting another man's war. That blows my mind. Thank you very much for your service so people like me can sit around in relative safety chasing our dreams.

Welcome to the forum.

Scuzzlebutt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 20, 2012
Thanks everyone.
mike49- thanks for your service aswell and glad to see someone else whos gone the same path as I want to.

MJ DeMarco- Thank you

The-J- yes lol, im not a big fan of this war either, but I've used my 8 months here so far to better myself and it feels great.

SilverbackMP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 2, 2013
Be safe and trust none of those MOFOs. Pashtun, Dari, whatever. Don't turn your back on any of them.

Scuzzlebutt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 20, 2012
yep. I've learned that, they make act like they are our friend but the hate is there. they really like throwing rocks at us.. better than bullets

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Keep reading through the forums, you'll learn a lot. I did the same thing when I was deployed in both theaters. :)

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You're 2 years older than me, off in Afghanistan fighting another man's war. That blows my mind. Thank you very much for your service so people like me can sit around in relative safety chasing our dreams.

Welcome to the forum.

Ohhh here we go... because it was the people of Afghanistan that attacked America and tried to take away your freedom, no... actually it was the people of Iraq.... nope? SMH -_-

If you believe in those wars (most people in UK any ways, were against them and thousands of people protested in the streets - yet the "democracy" still went to war) why did you not join... if you think your freedom is at risk because of some 3rd world country that have a ton of natural resources that the US/UK government want their hands on. SMH -_- MERRIKA MERRIKA MERRIKA! *[-__-]*

People have eyes, but can't see!

You support wars, but won't give up your assault weapons (because you don't trust the government hmmm thats kind hypocritical).

TL;DR (MERRIKA).... Welcome Skuzzle Butt!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Ohhh here we go... because it was the people of Afghanistan that attacked America and tried to take away your freedom, no... actually it was the people of Iraq.... nope? SMH -_-

If you believe in those wars (most people in UK any ways, were against them and thousands of people protested in the streets - yet the "democracy" still went to war) why did you not join... if you think your freedom is at risk because of some 3rd world country that have a ton of natural resources that the US/UK government want their hands on. SMH -_- MERRIKA MERRIKA MERRIKA! *[-__-]*

People have eyes, but can't see!

You support wars, but won't give up your assault weapons (because you don't trust the government hmmm thats kind hypocritical).

...what?

You drew the exact WRONG conclusion. I meant the fact that Scuzzlebutt (what a silly name) here volunteered to be over in the war (that I don't believe in and neither does anyone else who isn't making money off of it) so I, as a young adult male citizen of the USA, would not have to be subject to any sort of draft. By having a strong volunteer force, we do not have to use the draft. If it weren't for Scuzzle and other military men and women out there, I'd be sent over there because the government would have told me to.

Actually, that's not true either. I went to Canada, therefore I'd be safe either way.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
...what?

You drew the exact WRONG conclusion. I meant the fact that Scuzzlebutt (what a silly name) here volunteered to be over in the war (that I don't believe in and neither does anyone else who isn't making money off of it) so I, as a young adult male citizen of the USA, would not have to be subject to any sort of draft. By having a strong volunteer force, we do not have to use the draft. If it weren't for Scuzzle and other military men and women out there, I'd be sent over there because the government would have told me to.

Actually, that's not true either. I went to Canada, therefore I'd be safe either way.

Hehe... okay :) I get you! My bad. Yeah... thanks Scuzzlebutt (hehe ).

Scuzzlebutt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 20, 2012
Thanks fellas, I feel the same way as you guys, I don't want to be here but I am and it is what it is. Try to see the positive in everything happiness will follow you!!!

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I find it disturbing how almost everyone keeps repeating "thanks for your service" it sounds to me like saying "thanks for killing Afghan people". we all know that the war in Afghanistan and Iraq has nothing to do with "terrorism" and we also know that mainstream media reports very little info about masacres happening thare. so thanks but no thanks.

Other than that, welcome to the forum and looking forward to see your progress.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk 2

D

DeletedUser394

There are few rules on this forum.

No politics being one of them.

For the people bumping an 8 month old thread in an attempt to rekindle some kind of debate, kindly shut up and get back to talking about making money. This is a business forum.

I will add, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE and welcome aboard.

The end.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I find it disturbing how almost everyone keeps repeating "thanks for your service" it sounds to me like saying "thanks for killing Afghan people". we all know that the war in Afghanistan and Iraq has nothing to do with "terrorism" and we also know that mainstream media reports very little info about masacres happening thare. so thanks but no thanks.

Other than that, welcome to the forum and looking forward to see your progress.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk 2

No one was saying thanks for killing people.... we were saying thanks for volunteering into the army so we don't have to be drafted.

I 100% agree with your comment. It's a sad think. But we are not allowed to talk politics... the rich police have warned us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...