The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone

ShaneMcG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 2, 2020
Ireland
Just writing to introduce myself to the forum.

I am a 23 year old from Ireland. I read about The Fastlane Forum on good old Bold and Determined many years ago. I got and studied TMF at the time and absolutely resonated with the picture of the way the working world operates that MJ painted. I came away from the book with the conclusion that I was one of the lucky few MJ mentioned who could earn an income from something you love and are good enough to do. Many years on and after A LOT of process I was doing very successfully in Irish music, had toured all over the world, was making decent money and was so happy with life.

The corona lockdowns f*cked it all then. Went into depression for a good month as my purpose was gone and it was out of my control. It looks like the music scene will be shook for possibly a good long while especially with talks of the second wave and all that. I do not enjoy recording music at home on my own the whole buzz of it was getting out meeting people doing live gigs etc.

Currently need a new purpose and way to add value to the world and ensure I can keep living the life of freedom I have enjoyed for the past few years where my time was pretty much my own. Have had a couple of different ideas but everywhere seems to be flooded with people doing the stuff already that are much more experienced/skilled in those fields than me. Also the easily accessible market in Ireland seems fairly small if it's some kind of physical product you are trying to produce/sell. Have also been working out since I was maybe 12 and know what works and what doesn't for me and can pretty much manipulate my body any way I want to within reason but that area is ridiculously saturated as well.

If I have clarity in what I am doing I have serious discipline and ability to execute. I am weak though when there is no clear direction and end up overwhelmed and just numbing myself with stupid sh*t. I have been reading TMF over and over to drill it into me and have been doing a lot of research. To actually pick a thing and start working towards it seems very daunting and overwhelming as there are no clear steps of what to do and I have no experience with this kind of thing. I am unclear as to what my next step should be. I have time on my hands as I have savings and low expenses so am not desperate and have a lot of time to pour into a fastlane venture. Just not sure what definitive next step I should be working towards. Reading through this forum and reading TMF over and over although beneficial will not get me anywhere in and of itself I realise this.

To finish up I just want to thank MJ and all the contributors here at the forum. Ye are a shower of absolute legends, the stories and advice on this forum are ridiculously inspirational. Reading TMF and threads on this forum has given me some real hope and gotten me out of the depression I was in with a drive to build some kind of fastlane business and go on the journey with you all.

Shane

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin guy here! God yeah its a really tough spot for anyone in the Arts.... I feel for you!

I got lucky as I work for Sky! It's a good mindless job as there's lots of downtime to work and research on other ventures... while everyone else plays jigsaw puzzles or watches Youtube videos... They're always hiring! Full and P/T! Let me know if you're interested!

Me I have too many damn ideas.... Tekels Syndrome I think MJ Calls it but I'm keeping clear of my physical product ideas until I crack the App world... hopefully this year!

Happy to keep in touch! :thumbsup:

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Have had a couple of different ideas but everywhere seems to be flooded with people doing the stuff already that are much more experienced/skilled in those fields than me. Also the easily accessible market in Ireland seems fairly small if it's some kind of physical product you are trying to produce/sell. Have also been working out since I was maybe 12 and know what works and what doesn't for me and can pretty much manipulate my body any way I want to within reason but that area is ridiculously saturated as well.
It's difficult to find something that no one else is doing & sometimes it's because it's been done & nobody wants it.
Being a first mover isn't guaranteed success either, MySpace for example.

Sometimes it's enough to put your own spin on something, carve your niche & develop customers that rave about you.

Focus on one tiny aspect that you think you can do better than what's already out there.

Treat it as an experiment, do it quickly & cheaply & keep adjusting it until it works or not.

I know it's easier said than done, but you need to take the plunge sometime.

Or you can wait for that perfect idea that nobody's done & everyone wants.

ShaneMcG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 2, 2020
Ireland
Dublin guy here! God yeah its a really tough spot for anyone in the Arts.... I feel for you!

I got lucky as I work for Sky! It's a good mindless job as there's lots of downtime to work and research on other ventures... while everyone else plays jigsaw puzzles or watches Youtube videos... They're always hiring! Full and P/T! Let me know if you're interested!

Me I have too many damn ideas.... Tekels Syndrome I think MJ Calls it but I'm keeping clear of my physical product ideas until I crack the App world... hopefully this year!

Happy to keep in touch! :thumbsup:
Cool! thanks for the offer Hadrian. Fortunately have enough money saved that I don't need a job for a while anyway! Have been tryin my hand at wheeling and dealing tractors but have only lost money so far haha.

Ya it easy to come up with ideas but some of them seem so hard to do and it just overwhelming to know where to start. Class to have other fellas from Ireland here to chat with though that are clued in haha. I am from Tipperary.

You think it is worth while to start to learn how to code properly or build some skill like that or should I just go straight in and try to start some business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ShaneMcG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 2, 2020
Ireland
It's difficult to find something that no one else is doing & sometimes it's because it's been done & nobody wants it.
Being a first mover isn't guaranteed success either, MySpace for example.

Sometimes it's enough to put your own spin on something, carve your niche & develop customers that rave about you.

Focus on one tiny aspect that you think you can do better than what's already out there.

Treat it as an experiment, do it quickly & cheaply & keep adjusting it until it works or not.

I know it's easier said than done, but you need to take the plunge sometime.

Or you can wait for that perfect idea that nobody's done & everyone wants.
Thank you for the advice. Ya just starting to do anything in the right direction and failing seems to be the way to go.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Tipp ah sweet one of my best mates is a Teacher/Lead Guitarist down in Tipp town! And I'm well overdue a visit!

I spotted another Irish guy here last night, a fitness guy from N. Ireland. And Andy one of the main admins here is Dublin based I think. We should get our Celtic Mastermind brains together..... I'm already working on an app for the M50!

Re. learning to code re. Outsourcing I wrote a post on another thread with a few thoughts:

On the INSIDERS forum another guy wrote about how learning to do it yourself takes years... and isn't a guarantee of you getting any good! Another guy learned to code and cracked Fastlane in a year! Opinion is pretty mixed!

Disclosure: I'm just an indie dev making pocket money right now with my apps so I cant claim to be an expert at anything right now, except Tenacity! :bicep:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...