The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello everyone!

André Casal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 1, 2018
Hello everyone, my name is André Casal and I've been a computer science teacher and web developer for more than 13 years.

My story

I've always been ambitious and had huge dreams, particularly when I was a kid. Unfortunately my social environment and my parents in particular, constantly fed me the "go to school, get a degree and find a good job" storyline. The pressure was immense and, specially during my master's in electronics and telecommunications engineering, I've let my dreams morph into impossible utopias.

Until I found Tai Lopez.

I bought Tai Lopez' 67 steps program for 67€ (1€/day) and it marked a big turning point in my life. On that program, Tai Lopez infused my mind with pretty worthwhile ideas, particularly these:
1. Read good non-fiction no-bullshit books EVERY SINGLE DAY
2. If you learn from it, there are no failures, only experiments

Since then I've read many books on how to stay healthy, philosophy, ethics, business, real estate, software engineering and a myriad of other topics. That path lead me to The Millionaire Fastlane and I found it awesome that it called other authors out on their paradox of practice. I've never understood how Dave Ramsey could have gone from broke to millionaire three times just by saving. Now I understand :)

I found The Millionaire Fastlane invaluable.

What I'm doing now

Now I'm trying to get my fastlane business off the ground. I'm currently working on an image compression service at CompressMe but to be honest, I'm not sure if that's a valuable enough service. Also the value of such service decreases as technology's efficiency increases. I'm thinking the people that would get the most value from this service would be professional designers and other professionals that get bloated images out of their software (particularly PNGs). I can compress them by 60-80% with no visible loss in quality.

I know there are other image compression services out there, but I'm fairly confident I could put a better service out there. I could build application specific hardware to implement the algorithm, improving compression performance, offer a minimal interface for non-logged in users and a full-blown image compression suite for logged in users. All for free. I could generate revenue with ads and/or an API service.

Either way, one thing is for sure, I have the know-how and I want to focus on computer systems to add value to people.

And that's my story folks :) Thanks for having me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Andre! Thank you for the introduction!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...