The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Heatmap of a web page

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
At this moment I'm forgetting where I got this information, but I read somewhere that the google ads that are on the right side of the page perform extremely poorly compared to the ads that show up with the search results.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Isn't it fascinating?! I tell you, after building our site, I'll never look at a web page the same again. I could research site optimization and marketing strategies day-in and day-out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
"Don't Make Me Think" is a very good book. I read it myself. If anyone is in the business of e-commerce....I would strongly suggest it!

dhuang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 16, 2007
Another vote for crazyegg. All around "egg"celent tool!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Hi ya there Cactus Wren!

Most likely all the tools that I've been learning about you are probably already familiar with. Regardless, a couple of tools that were recommended on this site that blew my socks off were 1. Google Analytics. 2. Google Keywords. 3. The power of a blog and a forum when it comes to cementing a community together. 4. How to blog effectively. (Get on a schedule, get your own site, over 350 words ideally, get some good keywords in there in a natural fashion, etc.) 5. Anything by Marketing Sherpa (which you already know). ...oh, and Google Alerts.

After reading, Don't Make Me Think, we have come to understand the importance of usability testing- and it is SO interesting to see where people go and why. In a nutshell, what I've learned so far is 1. Make it easy for people to find you. 2. Make it easy for them to buy what you are selling. 3. Create a sense of community so people return for more than just your product. 4. Analyze your site data so you can make improvements to ad/content placement.

There is still I ton that I need and want to learn- online business is a whole new world!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.