The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My web page selling ebooks - looking for better design

Idea threads

bambz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 11, 2021
Hi, I'm creating a web page in WordPress + Divi + WooCommerce where I will be selling my three ebooks. Additionally, I have two free ebooks as a lead magnet for collecting emails.

My problem is that I do not have an idea of how to design the purchase flow.

On the main page (landing page), I have a primary CTA redirecting to the all three ebooks package page (it's cheaper than purchasing the ebooks separately) and a secondary CTA redirecting to the free ebooks page.

Each ebook page (and package page) has a CTA button redirecting to checkout and all the information about the ebook.

But I have a few questions:
  1. How should the all three ebooks package page look? Should I add detailed information about all the ebooks here?
  2. What should I put on the home (landing) page?
  3. Maybe the CTA on the landing page should redirect right away to the checkout?
  4. I'm not sure if my flow isn't overcomplicated...
Do you know some pages selling ebooks in packages like me? I'm looking for inspiration.

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StefanCole11

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 17, 2023
Serbia, City of nish
I forgot the actual number from real statistics, but around 60% don't even scroll further than the hero section.
That is the place to put your CTA to your fresh new book.
You didn't write what the is book about so I can't tell you precisely how to design, because I can't guess your target group.
In most cases, you want to use your landing page to advertise one book as the main, and two as secondary options.

Most people won't know one thing about who are you and why would they buy a book from you. Even if they know, you still have to convince them that they are in the right place.
On the landing page, your section hierarchy should be something like this:
1. Hero
Hero section should answer mainly 3 questions
who are you, what do you offer, and why do they need that

2. Testimonials
Right under hero, you should start convincing them with testimonials, images from different kinds of seminars, etc.(This also can take 2 sections)

3. Emotional connection.
Try with some storytelling, but find the story that will make a connection between them and you.
(you don't necessarily need to do storytelling you can use memes etc., but it's the most common way)

4. Blog
This section is here if they are still not sure what to do/choose, and they need a little bit more info, and you can't fit it in the landing page - also you can use blog for SEO traffic.

5. Give them the choice.
It's the section where they can choose between your 3 books or SPECIAL DISCOUNT 3 BOOK FOR 30% or something like that.

I would like to give you more tips and road signs but I have to work on my thesis... Try to google out the top 10 best-selling books with their website and do reverse engineering... find how, why, and when they put what on their site and try to replicate.... This 5-section pattern is just a base layout, you should build it up. Feel free to drop any questions at any time, and I will answer you asap.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.