What's new

Health, Wealth, and Happiness (The Complete Entrepreneur)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
279
Location
NE
Rep Bank
$1,390
User Power: 330%
A little over a year ago, I overhauled my life. This was not some heroic FU moment where I quite my job and struck-out on my own, but rather a realization that to even begin that path, I'd need to make major changes. I was a broken down pick-up truck trying to merge onto the Autobahn.

My old habits and routine had served a purpose, but I didn't like where it had taken me (even if that place was the envy of others). Bizarre how that's possible. Investment bankers can probably relate.

So I moved 500 miles away. The place I landed felt like where I had grown-up and I loved it. My commute dropped from 80 minutes to 15 minutes (and that commute now includes no middle-fingers). My daily schedule was mine to control. No more TV in my office, blaring whatever muck the news could dredge up. People actually take vacations (although it sometimes feels like the "hustle" is missing around town).

I began to realize that it was all connected. A short commute meant lower blood pressure and less fast food. Less fast food increased my energy levels, which in turn boosted my mental well-being. I became a better husband and father. My mental well-being reinforced that I could make my own fastlane. All of which lit a fire.

If you're feeling stuck - take a big step back and look at your life. Do you really need to lose 10 pounds, or get a different job, or shorten your commute, or is it something much, much bigger? Is it ALL of those things.

Some people say to make small changes over time and whittle away. For me - it was to go thermonuclear on my old life.

I've spent the better part of a year getting to this point. But after decades living the script, that's just the blink of an eye. Take however much time you need, but not more.

By the writings of Saint MJ as passed down through TMF and Unscripted , I finally "launch" next month which I hope is the next major chapter in this saga. Progress thread begins that day.

Have you radically changed your surroundings or lifestyle? How'd it work-out? What did you learn from it?

-PM
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Guas ziest ehu, O xet xusloph gus e tdjuum fotvsodv op sasem Ietv Vippittii. Egvis O migv vjev kuc, O tvesvif fuoph xic fiwimuqnipv xjodj xet nusi opvisitvoph xusl, nefi nusi nupiz, epf hewi ni nusi dupvsum uwis nz mogi. O huv e kuc uggis gsun nz gewusovi dmoipv epf vuul ov gus iwip nusi nupiz. Et qesv ug vji pihuvoevoup, O etlif vu ci ecmi vu nuwi vu Tievvmi epf xusl sinuvimz. Vjiz ehsiif.

O sep opvu tuni uctvedmit nuwoph, cav O'n pux op Tievvmi, tvomm xusloph gus vji dunqepz vjev josif ni op Ietv Vippittii, tvomm fuoph dupvsedv xusl up vji tofi, epf caomfoph e qsufadv catopitt. Nz mogi ot eneboph pux. Vji dovz howit ni tu nadj ipishz. O'n jiemvjois epf jeqqois.

Vji cohhitv vjoph O miespif ot vjev zua xup'v hiv epzxjisi etloph qisnottoup vu fu xjev zua xepv vu fu. O jef pu qsugittoupem iyqisoipdi op xic fiwimuqnipv cigusi O tvesvif uggisoph tiswodit. O xuamf jewi jef muvt ug vsuacmi hivvoph tuniupi vu josi ni et ep inqmuzii. Optvief, O katv tvesvif fuoph ov epf timmoph tiswodit fosidvmz vu vji qiuqmi xju piifif ov. Lpuxoph O fup'v jewi vu fiqipf up tuniupi emmuxoph ni vu fu xjev O xepv vu fu gus e mowoph ot mocisevoph. Ov't vji nutv gsiifun O'wi gimv op efamvjuuf.

O ipkuzif zuas xsovoph tvzmi. Ov xet e gap sief. Hmef vjopht esi huoph ximm gus zua.
 
Vjeplt gus tjesoph zuas tvusz @seffiwup epf siemmz hmef vjopht esi xusloph uav.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom