Hello all,
Something has sort of dawned on me wondering who to have as a business partner. Why not a parent?!
The thing is, after cutting out many of my friends from my life due to trying to improve my life and get away from bad influence, I literally have no friends other than a few good ones (who I honestly wouldn't want to partner up with). I do have a girlfriend but she is not of the Fastlane mindset so I wouldn't want to have her as a business partner either.
A positive is that my parents, especially my dad, are realizing the slowlane will not be enough to retire on. I have a very strong and positive relationship with my dad (and mom) and think that perhaps we can work together. also, my dad ran a pretty successful laptop repair company which used to bring in around 10k a month which was semi-automated, today it only brings in 700 a month and he doesn't ever even work on ii or visit it (not bad for automation).
What is your opinion on partnering up with a family member as a business partner?
Something has sort of dawned on me wondering who to have as a business partner. Why not a parent?!
The thing is, after cutting out many of my friends from my life due to trying to improve my life and get away from bad influence, I literally have no friends other than a few good ones (who I honestly wouldn't want to partner up with). I do have a girlfriend but she is not of the Fastlane mindset so I wouldn't want to have her as a business partner either.
A positive is that my parents, especially my dad, are realizing the slowlane will not be enough to retire on. I have a very strong and positive relationship with my dad (and mom) and think that perhaps we can work together. also, my dad ran a pretty successful laptop repair company which used to bring in around 10k a month which was semi-automated, today it only brings in 700 a month and he doesn't ever even work on ii or visit it (not bad for automation).
What is your opinion on partnering up with a family member as a business partner?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
