The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having A Lawyer on Hand

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Gray Blimp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jun 21, 2016
I was told that it is best to have a lawyer you can call, one you have an established relationship with, so whenever you need one, you have one ready to go. If you wait until you need one to start a search for one, you will choose in haste, and it could be a very expensive mistake.

So how does one do this? I've reached out to a couple, and since I don't have a problem, they want nothing to do with me. That's okay, but is the above advice sound? Or does everyone wait until they have a real problem to contact a lawyer? If not, how do you pre-establish a relationship?

Thanks all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I was told that it is best to have a lawyer you can call, one you have an established relationship with, so whenever you need one, you have one ready to go. If you wait until you need one to start a search for one, you will choose in haste, and it could be a very expensive mistake.

So how does one do this? I've reached out to a couple, and since I don't have a problem, they want nothing to do with me. That's okay, but is the above advice sound? Or does everyone wait until they have a real problem to contact a lawyer? If not, how do you pre-establish a relationship?

Thanks all.
Get a will.

Bottomsouth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jan 1, 2017
Miami
I began building relationships before I went out on my own with different professionals. But I knew what I was looking for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.