The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have an idea for an app. Should I hire or learn programming?

Natbros2020

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 21, 2020
Something that I forgot to mention. As programming can take a while to learn, learning some of the UX prototype tools can be extremely valuable. Like Adobe XD, Figma or sketch. Figma is even free I think. With these you can create mockup UX prototypes really fast and easy. This way you can test your idea for yourself or use as a way to communicate and show your idea. That I think would be the next best thing to programming. Once you get used to them you can create a mockup in minutes or couple of hours.

cheers.
Hello Mike,

may i ask you if with Sketch can you develop app? or you can just create an interface?

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
The rising demand for mobile apps encourages new ventures and gives opportunities to the newbies. Due to the huge adoption of modern users, mobile apps are exploring everywhere.

There are two ways available to build a mobile app, one is you have to hire dedicated developers, designers, and testers on hourly based to develop this platform.

But it’s taking too much time and you have to spend more money, So most of the entrepreneurs didn’t choose this way because of the above-said drawbacks.

Another way and also the most used way is to purchase the ready made solutions from any one of the leading companies and personalise it according to your needs.
Will you create seperate account for all of your products?

You can directly promote your products in marketplace threads

Mike L

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 11, 2020
Hello Mike,

may i ask you if with Sketch can you develop app? or you can just create an interface?

Thank you.
Hi there,

Haven't used Sketch specifically myself so I can't speak for every feature in the software. But just like Adobe XD and Figma, Sketch is built for designers to design and prototype UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) interfaces. So you won't be able to produce any meaningful code with it.

So when it comes to the prototype it creates, it's basically simulating an app that you can click through to get a feel for the entire flow. And you can do this extremely fast. So instead of spending weeks/months on a prototype by coding it, you can instead (using these softwares) spend hours/days with a drag and drop interface to create your UX prototype.

This prototype is only meant for UX (user experience) and doesn't contain any meaningful logic that you have when programming an app.

So a short answer to your question, no. But it's a great way to get your idea out of your head to get a feel for your idea.

Natbros2020

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Nov 21, 2020
Hi there,

Haven't used Sketch specifically myself so I can't speak for every feature in the software. But just like Adobe XD and Figma, Sketch is built for designers to design and prototype UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) interfaces. So you won't be able to produce any meaningful code with it.

So when it comes to the prototype it creates, it's basically simulating an app that you can click through to get a feel for the entire flow. And you can do this extremely fast. So instead of spending weeks/months on a prototype by coding it, you can instead (using these softwares) spend hours/days with a drag and drop interface to create your UX prototype.

This prototype is only meant for UX (user experience) and doesn't contain any meaningful logic that you have when programming an app.

So a short answer to your question, no. But it's a great way to get your idea out of your head to get a feel for your idea.
Thank for your answer. It means a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
Hello @claudek
I'm looking to develop an app also, I have zero knowledge about coding
When i was looking to what language to learn for app dev I found this Flutter - Beautiful native apps in record time and from what i understand it can help you build prototype easily for android/IOS...., Maybe it can help maybe not so i would like to hear what do you think about it

Some other resource: How to Learn Flutter?.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rtujDjt50I&list=PLlxmoA0rQ-LyHW9voBdNo4gEEIh0SjG-q

Intro to Dart for Java Developers | Google Codelabs

D

Deleted68316

Hello @claudek
I'm looking to develop an app also, I have zero knowledge about coding
When i was looking to what language to learn for app dev I found this Flutter - Beautiful native apps in record time and from what i understand it can help you build prototype easily for android/IOS...., Maybe it can help maybe not so i would like to hear what do you think about it

Some other resource: How to Learn Flutter?.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rtujDjt50I&list=PLlxmoA0rQ-LyHW9voBdNo4gEEIh0SjG-q

Intro to Dart for Java Developers | Google Codelabs
Thank you @Abenh .

I will check it out as soon as possible.

Now I got caught up in another project.

Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!