The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hate Winter? Live in Spain With Pool, WiFi and Rooftop Terrace for €395/month

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Where to? Northern Spain is warmer than the UK but in many regions it'll be as rainy and cloudy, if not more.

My plane is taking me to Tarragona. Havnt checked the weather and not sure I'll be staying there, just need to hit Spanish soil then I'll see where I go from there.

I've had my F*ck this shit event. Time for a mofo change.

Are you thinking of going to Spain?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Change of plans here. We are heading for the South of France end of October beginning of November. Going to base ourselves near Perpignan and see how we like it. If not Spain is close by and its not that far to Italy so we’ll do some roaming before the Brexit barrier comes crashing down end of the year.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
My plane is taking me to Tarragona. Havnt checked the weather and not sure I'll be staying there, just need to hit Spanish soil then I'll see where I go from there.

I've had my F*ck this shit event. Time for a mofo change.

Are you thinking of going to Spain?

well if you want to feel a bit more like in Europe the north of Spain, specifically vascongadas, is the best. surfing and food there is top. a bit pricey. ugly and feminazi girls.weather is a bit like uk though, so not sure what you are aiming at there

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
What happened?

No, it's too cold for me. But I've been there many times.

I don't wanna talk about it.

Just some messed up neighbours that have been harassing me for years.

---------

Too cold, lool. Its freaking HOT over here :D

======

Not too derail OP's thread.... but I've spent 2 nights in Barcelona and its way too expensive for me.

I'm packing up and moving to Murcia in the South.

Instead of sharing a flat with 4 people in iffy part of town, I get my own studio or 1 or 2 bedroom for roughly the same amount.

There are NO JOBS in Barcelona, so there's no real benefit of staying here, when I can go to somewhere more "Spanish" & affordable and be jobless over there :D ... Thank you Rona V.

I'm going to create a sales thread on another forum and sell a low hanging, high value, splinter service then upsell them - and outsource the work to an agency with a good track record. Hopefully with just 10 clients I'll be able to fund all of my expenses.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I meant winters. They can be brutal without heating (you need to experience it to understand how suddenly your life becomes about survival LOL).

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014

---------

======

Not too derail OP's thread.... but I've spent 2 nights in Barcelona and its way too expensive for me.

Instead of sharing a flat with 4 people in iffy part of town, I get my own studio or 1 or 2 bedroom for roughly the same amount.

There are NO JOBS in Barcelona, so there's no real benefit of staying here, when I can go to somewhere more "Spanish" & affordable and be jobless over there :D ... Thank you Rona V.

I'm going to create a sales thread on another forum and sell a low hanging, high value, splinter service then upsell them - and outsource the work to an agency with a good track record. Hopefully with just 10 clients I'll be able to fund all of my expenses.

Murcia was the same region I lived in. Really affordable ;)

D

Deleted8v369

Would you choose this:

View attachment 25424

Or this? :

View attachment 25425

For years I've been dreaming of living in Spain.

In April my wife and I sold all our things to give it a shot for a couple of months.

We drove from Denmark to the Murcia region. Why the Murcia region? It has a lot of golf resorts with a lot of nice, available apartments and a bunch of swimming pools across the resort. It's mainly Dutch and British people who owns the apartments, and my guess is they only use it for a couple of weeks every year and rent it out the rest of the time.

We've just been using AirBnB to rent our apartments here, but if you plan to live here for at least a year, you can get a fully furnished two bedroom apartment with a rooftop terrace, free WiFi, free cable and a swimming pool just a few meters from your front door for only €395/month.

We've been paying around €500-650/month, depending on the apartment. It was cheaper in May than in June and July with the high season around the corner.

We're living at the Condado de Alhama Golf Resort, but there a ton of golf resorts in the Murcia region you can choose between.

Here's how you actually get to live in an €395/month luxury golf resort apartment:

1. Start by checking the place out by booking a week or so in an AirBnB apartment. You don't want to sign a 12-month lease, if you don't like the place.

2. If you like it, visit one of the rental companies on the resort. There are around 1000 apartments here, so there are a couple of rental companies doing business here. Some of them are selling apartments, others are doing short term vacation rentals. But some are also doing long term rentals, and it's these companies you wanna talk to. I wrote to a couple of them to see, if it was possible to rent their apartments on a shorter lease, but they wouldn't accept less than a 12 month rental. If I should book a 12 month long term rental apartment, I would contact this company. You can see their rental properties on their website and the prices as well.

3. Enjoy your new sunny life.

If you're going to do this, I can really recommend this resort. Here some of the facilities located at the resort:
  • A 18 hole golf course
  • A Spar shop for food and beers
  • Restaurants
  • Bars
  • Bike rental
  • Gym
  • A bunch of swimming pools across the resort
  • 2 tennis courts
  • Football pitch
  • Free parking at your apartment
  • Gated community with 24-hour security
And all the apartments pretty much include the same. It can vary wether the owner has installed a dishwasher, but every apartment we've stayed at least had a washing machine.

The apartments are usually equipped with:
  • Free WiFi
  • Free British cable
  • A small terrace outside your door
  • A rooftop terrace, if you get an first floor apartment. Ground floor apartments has a small garden
  • A dishwasher
  • A washing machine
  • Aircondition
  • Outdoor furniture
  • Close to communal pool
  • Free parking right beside the apartment
  • Towels and linen
  • Full kitchen
  • Oven
  • Microwave oven
  • Toaster
  • Kitchen equipment so you can cook dinner yourself
  • Big fridge and a freezer
  • Bathtub
This is what the €395/month apartment looks like:

View attachment 25419

View attachment 25420

View attachment 25421

View attachment 25422

View attachment 25423

And you have a couple of mountains nearby which are perfect for hikers or cyclists.

If I should name some cons, it would be the need of a car. You don't NEED it to live here, but it will be way easier to experience Spain with a car here. You have around 10-15 km's to the nearest town. There are bus departures from the resort a couple of times every day to the cities nearby, but if you want to experience something else while staying here, a car would be great for you. If you just want to stay here, relax and enjoy the pool, you can get by with the shop and restaurants at the resort.

If you don't want to do a full year, rent an AirBnb apartment here instead for a few weeks or months. Try to avoid the high season (July and August) where the prices skyrocket. Booking a full year apartment, you can enjoy living here for €395 per month in the high season, where others have to pay €1,400-2,000 / month.

And with the free WiFi, it's just so easy to work here. No need for going to cafés or restaurants or use your cellphone data to get work done. Every apartment has a free 10 mbit connection. And the apartments are equipped with minium four beds, so it's even possible to bring your family. Oh, and there are around 18 km to the beach, which is close enough for me.

It doesn't have to be expensive or hard to move to a warmer and sunny country.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will try to answer the best I can.
I've been doing basically the same thing for over a decade in Thailand. I've lived in a huge house in the best part of a rural town, an apartment right over an incredible beach ($100US a month) in a tourist town, a high rise condo in Bangkok with swimming pool, roof garden, sauna, jacuzzi, gated security, cleaners, concierge, gym with stunning city view, public areas (about $300US a month).

If you can work online, you can live like this even if you don't get rich, just change location.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England

---------

======

How's it going in Spain?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
How's it going in Spain?

It was nice. Was in Barcelona for a few nights, and Murcia for a few nights, but spent most of my time in Alicante.

I'm now in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria - I didn't see any reason to say in Spain as I don't speak Spanish.

I'm just going to travel a bit - see Europe a bit and continue to work on my online business, then go back to UK eventually and set up another business in the North. Unless that business doesn't go anywhere, then I'll go travelling again - and maybe this time Africa. :D

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
It was nice. Was in Barcelona for a few nights, and Murcia for a few nights, but spent most of my time in Alicante.

I'm now in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria - I didn't see any reason to say in Spain as I don't speak Spanish.

I'm just going to travel a bit - see Europe a bit and continue to work on my online business, then go back to UK eventually and set up another business in the North. Unless that business doesn't go anywhere, then I'll go travelling again - and maybe this time Africa. :D

Like it!

I wish I'd have travelled when I was younger and certainly before I tied myself down with a wife and 2 kids!

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I wish I'd have travelled when I was younger and certainly before I tied myself down with a wife and 2 kids!

I'm sorry to hear that :)

How is travelling in Bulgaria and Spain with corona? Love to escape this freaking cold winter here in Switzerland. I'm tired of this lockdown and everything!

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that :)

How is travelling in Bulgaria and Spain with corona? Love to escape this freaking cold winter here in Switzerland. I'm tired of this lockdown and everything!

Its pretty straight forward. You'll need to fill out an online form when you enter Spain telling their government where you're coming from, the flight you were on, where you're going to stay... but otherwise you only need to wear a mask when you're in public (including outside) ... where as in Bulgaria you don't need to fill out any forms and you only need to wear a mask on the flight and when you enter shops (but not when you're walking about on the streets).

Go for it man :) - before the 2nd wave hits :D

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Thanks! Mask in public even outdoors that's too much for me. But the rules from Bulgaria seem fine.

Go for it man :) - before the 2nd wave hits :D
Yeah you'll see here in Switzerland everybody is excited that the economy is getting back, but the 2nd wave is already here. Why can people be so dumb and throw 1000+ parties right now? Will never understand it.

So as soon as I finish all business here, which I can't do remotely I'll go. Need to get some friends on board, but it sounds great. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.