The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anyone here successfully "funded" their ideal lifestyle?

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014
St. Paul, MN / San Diego, CA
Can't say that I am there yet but I feel like I am getting closer everyday.

My goal isn't really the 4-hour work week, I just want to be able to do something I love everyday and feel like I am solving problems and contributing. I also want to take time off when I want, go on vacation when I want, buy my parents an awesome European first class vacation that they deserve, etc..

Here is my a screenshot from my 1shoppingcart account since I launched my business. It isn't outstanding by any means. But I just want to be transparent in my journey.

It feels good to have created something from scratch that provides enough value people will pay for. I think that is probably the one of the best feelings someone can experience.

00000516.png

This is my 4th company. I had one early semi-successful service based business where I worked 90 hours a week.

My second was an utter disaster and I did EVERYTHING wrong and lost a lot of my savings from selling my first company.

My third was more profitable, but I didn't think about what I REALLY wanted to be doing on a daily basis and chose an industry I didn't enjoy and a unsustainable business model just to try to make money quickly. I learned that is never a good idea.

This is my fourth business. I started the business with less than a $1500 investment spread out over the course of 3 months.

We are all in different places in our journey. This is where I am.

-Zac

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014
Your 2014 trend line looks promising...
Thanks, I feel like I am in still in infrastructure phase as I am building out some pretty solid marketing systems, testing a lot of funnels, getting customer feedback.

Obviously you identified something....I'm making progress in all these areas.

I've learned a lot from past mistakes. I'm making sure in this business all the systems and work I put in are building on top of each other and providing exponential results.

I feel like I'm getting very close to putting the pedal down. Probably around June 1st.

-Zac

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
I've learned a lot from past mistakes. I'm making sure in this business all the systems and work I put in are building on top of each other and providing exponential results.

Yep, it's a process. Killing it! +1 to Zens idea, Would love to see a progress thread

Zac Headrick

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 30, 2014
So
MAKE A PROGRESS THREAD,

we would love to see that,

I definitely plan on doing that :) I still am in head down mode almost all-day and night for the most part trying to build my business.

I have never joined a forum before mainly because I try limit distractions, but the value in this forum and the community was so awesome I couldn't resist.

When I have more time I will do a progress thread, I'm still learning how all this works.

When I do it, I won't hold anything back. I will bare all. Exactly what I am doing that is and isn't working. Step by step, email scripts, etc.

I wish I could have someone teach me five years ago what I have learned and know now.

I hope to find someone who can teach me even more so I can drive in the fastlane for the next five years.

Thanks for the reply @zen*******

-Zac

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
@RogueInnovation - Thanks, I love the bicycle metaphor. I am taking action, and yes, I am imagining a podcast lesson on techniques to ride more efficiently/faster. OK, I will keep pedalling. rep+ to you
@Zac Headrick - rep+ to youhttps://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/members/zac-headrick.23197/
@startuprob Funnily enough I gave Ramit Sethi a small amount of money recently (for "Ramit's Success Triggers"). I like what he says and how he says it; I concluded that I'm beyond much of this material these days, although I won't knock him AT ALL for someone starting out along this path.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldkevx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
613%
Nov 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
@nikiobicata, Awesome way to bring negativity to such an amazing community. The richest (monetary, intelligence, experience, etc) in the world who create value for others are highly generous with their time in helping others as they know the trials and tribulations. How else would the term "mentor" exist? You have to give and expect nothing in return in life. When you do so with sincerity you will make it back 10x. Until you realize this you'll be stuck.

I just spoke at a business accelerator and I have not felt so alive in a long time. Why? I helped others and my sole purpose was to share my experience with them. This forum is full of virtual mentors that you could follow...or not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
HOLY SHIT! MJ! you have Enlightened me! I wont waste 12 yrs here helping out, and commenting any more! out outta here! whoooo free at last from the confines of a forum!!! whooo hooo. party tonight!

Z

dont go :(

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Didn't you hear what the successful guru @nikiobicata said?
Posting on this forum and being wealthy/successful are mutually exclusive. So members like Zen can only stay if they give up all their wealth and get a normal job. And seeing how hard it is to get a job, I don't blame them for choosing wealth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.