The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anybody created a food company?

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
I am in the process of creating a drink (non alcoholic, will tell me about it later) and its quite a learning experience. Has anybody successfully brought a food/drink product to market? Which stores are you in? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have found some great resources in my time spent on this project if anybody needs anything I can help with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
Maybe a recent success story in Germany can provide you with some ideas. Its a privately owned "organic soft drink" called Bionade. They basically created a new category in the beverages market. I dont know if this helps you and if any marketing insights are applicable to the US market.
The Success of Germany's Bionade Soda

Jason!

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 28, 2009
what types of questions do you have? I have a friend that has launched a very successful all natural juice nationwide. I believe its in Whole Foods, AJ's and a few others. I'd be happy to ask him some questions for you! :)

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I'm curious to learn more about this as well. I had an idea for a drink that I was thinking about putting a few thousand dollars into promoting to see if there was enough interest out there for me to turn it into a real cash making business.

I understand how to package your product, where to get bottles, labels, etc... But I wonder how do you market it? Do you literally drive it around to convenience stores in your area and give samples to the managers or what? Are there distribution companies that can do this for you?

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
there are basically four parts to this-

1- brand owner/idea
2- manufacturer/production
3- marketing
4- distribution

obviously, if you have an idea, you find yourself at number 1, from there, you need to decide where else you want to fit into the picture, and what you want to outsource. There are people who specialize in each one of the other three.

So you need to decide if you want to reinvent the wheel, or use the wheel already made.

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
what types of questions do you have? I have a friend that has launched a very successful all natural juice nationwide. I believe its in Whole Foods, AJ's and a few others. I'd be happy to ask him some questions for you! :)

I was just curious as to his first step in marketing his product? Did he go straight for the stores with a product with no history or did he actively market it to the pubic via trade shows, fairs, etc. Thank you very much!

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
Maybe a recent success story in Germany can provide you with some ideas. Its a privately owned "organic soft drink" called Bionade. They basically created a new category in the beverages market. I dont know if this helps you and if any marketing insights are applicable to the US market.
The Success of Germany's Bionade Soda

thanks for the inspirational story.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.