The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Half-Dozen Rules for Success

Anything related to matters of the mind

maxshapira

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
575%
Nov 23, 2021
After reading and listening to innumerable self-development/entrepreneurship content, it all comes to half-dozen rules for success:

1. Be David Blaine​

Like David Blaine, you have the power to trick minds. But it comes with a kicker—it works only with YOURS. Trick your mind and become a winner in your own thoughts. "Believe in yourself" might sound like an old cliché but it's not. You are the foundation. Only you can start the engine.

2. Read Books​

As Will Smith said, "there’s no new problem that someone hasn’t already had and written about it in a book." But here's a caveat: Reading books won't make you successful unless you'll perform steady actions. Put the knowledge into practice. We're living in a world that execution triumphs everything. Read, think, and take action.

3. Exercise​

A weak body yields a weak mind. Exercise at least 3 times a week. You will feel good about yourself, you'll think clearly, and make better decisions. Don't skip exercise.

4. Reach For The Moon​

Dream big and reach for the moon. That's why setting goals is so crucial. It took me a long time to realize that, but if you don't write down your goals — they don't exist. And don't be afraid to set the bar high. It's OK because the purpose of a goal is not to achieve a result but to inform the person you want to become. Jim Rohn put it like this, "The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become."

5. The ONE Thing​

What's your ONE Thing? For Michael Phelps it was swimming, so he spent 6 hours in the water every single day. For Arnold Schwarzenegger it was bodybuilding, so he trained 6 hours a day, 6 times a week. James Patterson, it's all about writing, so he writes for around 6-7 hours every day. Michael Jackson, "King of Pop", practiced dancing in front of a mirror for 6-8 hours. Everyday. The ability to focus on ONE Thing consistently will have the biggest impact on your success. Say 'NO' 99% of the time to protect your ONE Thing. Kenneth Cole sums it perfectly, "Success has less to do with what we can get ourselves to do and more to do with keeping ourselves from doing what we shouldn’t."

6. Do Your Best​

More than expected. Always.
John Wooden said it best, "Success is peace of mind, that is a direct result of knowing that you've done your best at becoming the best you are capable of becoming."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EMH

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 27, 2021
New York City
This is great! Thank you for sharing. I shall print this out and keep it close by as a daily reference.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
edited by myself.
will come back later

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

5. The ONE Thing​

What's your ONE Thing? For Michael Phelps it was swimming, so he spent 6 hours in the water every single day. For Arnold Schwarzenegger it was bodybuilding, so he trained 6 hours a day, 6 times a week. James Patterson, it's all about writing, so he writes for around 6-7 hours every day. Michael Jackson, "King of Pop", practiced dancing in front of a mirror for 6-8 hours. Everyday. The ability to focus on ONE Thing consistently will have the biggest impact on your success. Say 'NO' 99% of the time to protect your ONE Thing. Kenneth Cole sums it perfectly, "Success has less to do with what we can get ourselves to do and more to do with keeping ourselves from doing what we shouldn’t."

This is huge.

MONOGAMY.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
but if you don't write down your goals — they don't exist.

I keep an old fashioned notebook and write down everything. Any tip or good quote I hear I write it down and attribute it to the person who said it. Very important habit. Write down 50 actions steps you need to do in order to realize a goal. It really works.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
After reading and listening to innumerable self-development/entrepreneurship content, it all comes to half-dozen rules for success:

1. Be David Blaine​

Like David Blaine, you have the power to trick minds. But it comes with a kicker—it works only with YOURS. Trick your mind and become a winner in your own thoughts. "Believe in yourself" might sound like an old cliché but it's not. You are the foundation. Only you can start the engine.

2. Read Books​

As Will Smith said, "there’s no new problem that someone hasn’t already had and written about it in a book." But here's a caveat: Reading books won't make you successful unless you'll perform steady actions. Put the knowledge into practice. We're living in a world that execution triumphs everything. Read, think, and take action.

3. Exercise​

A weak body yields a weak mind. Exercise at least 3 times a week. You will feel good about yourself, you'll think clearly, and make better decisions. Don't skip exercise.

4. Reach For The Moon​

Dream big and reach for the moon. That's why setting goals is so crucial. It took me a long time to realize that, but if you don't write down your goals — they don't exist. And don't be afraid to set the bar high. It's OK because the purpose of a goal is not to achieve a result but to inform the person you want to become. Jim Rohn put it like this, "The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become."

5. The ONE Thing​

6. Do Your Best​

More than expected. Always.
John Wooden said it best, "Success is peace of mind, that is a direct result of knowing that you've done your best at becoming the best you are capable of becoming."
I agree with most but number 4.

I believe this is what sets up people for disappointment and failure.

If you never made 1 dollar online, don’t reach for no moon and don’t hope to catch any stars either.

Set realistic for you and progressive goals.

“Making 1 Million Dollars in 3 years”
“Win the Olympics”
written on a piece of paper doesn’t mean shit.
And I don’t agree with setting a high goal and breaking it down either. It distracts from the present and your only purpose will be to get to the top of your list; and when you don’t, which is most cases, you’re disappointed with even the steps you actually accomplished.

Also, lots of people gather information but don’t digest it through their own filters before taking action. This is essentially a script and you’re only doing what X told you to do. Basically, a script.

Write down 50 actions steps you need to do in order to realize a goal. It really works.

Why on earth would one do that?
This is what is wrong with most people. They get buried in action faking. You don’t need 50 flipping steps just take the damn action.

Not saying you don’t need a plan, but you certainly don’t need 50 steps.

This is what the advice is from lots of fake gurus. Because their courses/books are full of shit, they give you these “47 steps programs” that you bury yourself into.

Not blaming @socaldude here, just stating my opinion.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.