No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.
If I had an online store selling products up to $200 I would use Pay Pal. I would also withdraw money every day or every other day.
This way the most I could get stuck for is a few hundred dollars.
I never would accept payments in the thousands of dollars with Pay Pal. Keep in mind there are some people who will NEVER use anything but Pay Pal
Just so you don't think I am a Pay Pal cheerleader, I too had money taken by PP from my account. I was paid just over $9,000 on a group of coins I sold on Ebay. I sent the items. The buyer bought more of the same Silver Proof sets. 20 days later they file a complaint with PP saying they coins were not as described.
I said fine send them back I will refund. They sent an empty box via UPS. So they had a tracking number and give it to PP. PP let him keep the 9K AND they still have the coins..
Right, so what can you do? The only thing I could think of and it's not even that good of a solution is to take pictures of the product in the box, closing the box, at the post office... what else, a notarized letter?! I mean if you can get scammed so easily as a seller, what protection do you really have?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
