- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
Today I had to go with my sister somewhere, we drove past a Porsche dealer and walked around.
As she was looking at the prices, I could see something got to her.
It turns out she was very upset because all of these people had been giving her the advice like "Go to school for cosmetology!". "In 10 years open a salon when you have the experience".
She then went on to say "Look at these cars, I want to be able to afford something like this but I can't do that working some job as a hair dresser or what everyone else is recommending ! There has to be something better".
She has been indoctrinated (Not by me, but by others) to the - I can't do it, it's too hard and we are in a bad economy, mindset.
I feel bad because she really did hit that scary moment where it was like - I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD THIS. IT IS FOR OTHER PEOPLE, NOT FOR ME.
Any advice I try to give her, I get the response of "Too hard", "Too many people have done that", but what she doesn't quite get yet, is that there is no fool proof plan if you're on your own... you've gotta take a risk.
She isn't entitled at all, but it was weird for her seeing these cars in person and realizing that she wants to live a nicer life, in a good area, with something that she may want to drive one day and that the plan others have recommended will leave her falling short.
How do I give someone advice like this besides - College. Get a degree.
As she was looking at the prices, I could see something got to her.
It turns out she was very upset because all of these people had been giving her the advice like "Go to school for cosmetology!". "In 10 years open a salon when you have the experience".
She then went on to say "Look at these cars, I want to be able to afford something like this but I can't do that working some job as a hair dresser or what everyone else is recommending ! There has to be something better".
She has been indoctrinated (Not by me, but by others) to the - I can't do it, it's too hard and we are in a bad economy, mindset.
I feel bad because she really did hit that scary moment where it was like - I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD THIS. IT IS FOR OTHER PEOPLE, NOT FOR ME.
Any advice I try to give her, I get the response of "Too hard", "Too many people have done that", but what she doesn't quite get yet, is that there is no fool proof plan if you're on your own... you've gotta take a risk.
She isn't entitled at all, but it was weird for her seeing these cars in person and realizing that she wants to live a nicer life, in a good area, with something that she may want to drive one day and that the plan others have recommended will leave her falling short.
How do I give someone advice like this besides - College. Get a degree.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
