The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gullible MLM junkies. SOS

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Im pretty sure I read somewhere where he actually made that statement. Was I duped?

I don't believe they did. I think Trump and Kiyosaki have made comments about MLM's but not Gates or Buffett. I've tried to find it and they never said this exact quote, let alone much on MLM's.

Tengen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 22, 2014
Australia
These misquotes reminds me of this funny one

1zqex3b.jpg

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
373%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
So sad, if only they put this energy into their own projects

And there you have it. That's the true tragedy of the whole deal.

If only they put their boundless energy towards a more useful purpose
If only they had their own list of 10,000 customers to sell to
If only they owned the products that they sell

If only they built something of their own.

It burns most of us up because it plays on a handful of weaknesses that plague 9-5'ers who want to be entrepreneurs.

status symbols (events)
being part of a movement
the siren call of a shortcut to wealth (liberation from a job)

IMO. The entrepreneur leverages all of his/her education to different spaces.

MLM needs you to dedicate all of your education to their vision alone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
He lost all credibility to me when he said scAmway has produced the second highest number of Multimillionaires in history- second to ONLY Microsoft, which achieved this through stocks.

Funny. I've heard this as well many times.

Interesting article:
http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com/2013/11/mlm-mythbusting-no-mlm-did-not-create.html

SarahSH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
May 6, 2014
Kansas
Funny. I've heard this as well many times.

Interesting article:
http://amlmskeptic.blogspot.com/2013/11/mlm-mythbusting-no-mlm-did-not-create.html
Thanks for the article link. It always seems so hard to find good critical thinking types of articles about anything MLM or the products they push. In my experience, stay at home moms and church goers seem to be victims of these types of scams. Recently I was contacted via Facebook by someone from my old church where I used to live. She knew I had just had a baby and is now pushing some sort of stomach wrapping product for weight loss??? Not sure how that would actually work since it doesn't affect the amount of calories one consumes.

Anyway, The pitch after asking about my baby was: I am looking to help people with their health goals...you are on my list today. What are some of your goals?

I knew from other posts she had made about the MLM wrap thing so I said I was working on getting more sleep

And she came back with some other product recommendation that she heard "works great for improving sleep quality and memory"

Ugh! It kind of makes you feel...oh, I don't know....used.... When someone you thought you were friends with contacts you just to pitch a product. It has happened twice with two different people. It also makes me wonder who is a real friend and who just views me as a business opportunity. Hmmm .

Since I have moved to a new area, I am thinking of posing the disclaimer of no MLM participation right up front just so people know where I stand and if they want to be friends sans MLM, then cool....if not, that is fine too.

I have participated in 2 MLMs. The first one, I didn't know any better, the second one, I actually liked the products and did it for the "discount" until I had all the products I wanted. Alas, never again will I join one, especially after reading MJs book....what a breath of fresh air!

I didn't know what to say back to her in response to her pitch....don't want to be a jerk but am thinking of telling her about the book

Feek

Serial Entreprefailer
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 15, 2014
Boston
Bumping because a very distant acquaintance that I just saw at a wedding for the first time in 6 years just Facebook DM'ed me a small novel about how ACN would be "a great opportunity for me since I'm now between jobs"

Talk about a flashback, I did ACN a few years ago and found it didn't have much to offer. About the only thing I got was laid by my upstream agent.

ACN is a company that has little ethics and no understanding of social norms. It's either that or they just don't care. I was in my mid-30s at the time, and I was told multiple times to look up former high school classmates on Facebook to pitch to them. When I told them that I neither kept in touch with my classmates nor liked them very much when I actually was in high school, I got a guilt trip and then a hard sell to just go ahead and do it.

ACN doesn't sell a product, only an MLM. What I mean by that is that they don't care how much product you move, as long as you get people to sign up underneath you. In fact, the commissions on the product didn't even hold a candle to the returns of signing people below you. Of course, you needed many multiples of thousands of downstream people to be making even a modest income, so imagine the return on the product!

Bottom line - ACN sucks, MLMs suck. At least you get to meet a lot of high energy people.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
749%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Simon Ashari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
4rUrNAE.jpg

Bump; we've hit the peak of MLM fail without crossing over into fully criminal ponzi territory.

Here, a woman uses a facebook timeline memory from around the time of her husband's death to hawk Plexus products.

Don't let this be you folks. Save your friends. Save your dignity. Save your self-respect. MLM: Not even once.

At first I laughed my a$$ off. But that's quite sad.

I guess people will do anything to hang onto a dream.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego

Gruntpl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
322%
Dec 27, 2015
I was in it for a few months because of my curiosity. I participated in some events where some gurus were telling me and other people in the room some "secret" bullshit and that all people who aren't involving in this "great opportunity" are average (most of my friend.

The guy that got me in just called me and guess what? I told him that I don't want to do this "business". I was trying to say it politely and after all he started to ask me questions like "how much money do you make right now?" "I've seen so many people giving up just a step before reaching the goal (3$ a month XDDD) and you're one of them" blablabla etc. It was weird. He had no respect for me just because of the fact I'm not involved in this stupid game anymore. This guy also called me blind. Hahahaha

Another thing I've noticed is that they are like zombies or robots. They can't talk about anything else but products of the mlm company or "making money". They're making no value, it's simply a scam. If you want to have no friends and make a few bucks lying to people, then it's great.

Last edited:

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Hey all, quick question. Has anyone come across an MLM or ponzi scheme which involves investing money, but getting a payout quickly? I've got a few co-workers who are involved in one where they invest $5,000, recruit 14 people below them and then get paid out $40,000. I am trying to find information on this quick method so I can bring information to them that contradicts this, but the majority of ponzi schemes listed online are the ones that have scammed millions.

The Security Exchange Company started by Charles Ponzi had an almost identical model...

Charles Ponzi - Wikipedia

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Wow, very well thought out scam..

My guess from the top of my head, they will have a few 100 million frozen when the feds hit um.

Oh they have some of the best scammers in the biz in on this one. One guy was huge with Amway but I am amazed by how they are reaching people who are in no way informed or connected in affiliate marketing or e-commerce of any form.:Lies:

One rip off report describing how they get deep in those pockets.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/organiz...up-ll/rex-venture-group-llc-zeekler-bbb0c.htm

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Sadly in these deals, only the top guy goes to jail, so the 2nd-10th scammer usually just go on to find another deal.

These guys know it will blow up.. They don't know when, but they know.

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C
One of my pretty good friends hit me up yesterday on Skype trying to sell me some energy drink MLM/pyramid scheme membership. At least he had the decency to tell me he would be making money off of it lol

amgchristian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 11, 2012
My whole family including myself is on Zeek Rewards. For the record - it's not a scam. They actually do pay out. I discovered the fast lane forum & book a few weeks after Zeek and realized what crazy move my family made. To be honest, it's not that crazy. It's def. slow lane and just one of our "side" things.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
This was posted on Facebook today by a guy who used to be my best friend. I haven't talked to him in over a year. If you only count non-ACN conversations, I haven't talked to him in three years.

acn.jpg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It's a frequent topic of discussion here, one recent thread:

Would you consider this MLM? I know, it's like cursing around here, lol

Thanks, lol. I guess I could have done a search huh?

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Wow. This site has sharpened our shyster radar. Is there a prize or something for me posting this like 2 days before these clowns got the hatchet dropped on them? Maybe just a day driving MJs lambo or something simple like that.

Amazing!!!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

amgchristian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 11, 2012
We had only put down the amount of money we can afford to lose. Good thing is, they are giving back refunds. I'm assuming it may take a while but so what. We are not going to mourn for our losses. Yes it does suck that it's being shut down but I guess I've proven a point to my parents that MLM's are not reliable nor am I going to allow them to join any other MLM's in the future. Keep in mind I discovered this forum 2 weeks after Zeek. Imagine what would have happened if I didn't come across this site? I was planning to put a percentage of my check each month to Zeek as I 'kind of' fell for it. Glad it never happened.

amgchristian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 11, 2012
2. You will never, ever, ever, and I mean ever get a refund. No matter what people tell you, it will never happen.

I'm hoping that's not true but if that's the case, oh well. What can I do? People are so hyped up about "making money quick" it's so ridiculous and often times ... bogus!

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
The snake oil salesmen have evolved. I can't believe this scam still works. I know people want to believe in something but the first question should always be "does this make sense?" If Zeek, or anyone for that matter could make a consistent and garunteed rate of return high enough that they could give you 50% of their profits, to get in on a real opportunity like that (if they even let you) you would have to probably invest a minimum of 10 to 20 million and still you would have to know the right people to get you in. Think Hedge Funds (not fund of funds).

Hell an accredited investor has to have a net worth of at least one million US dollars, not including the value of one's primary residence or have made at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 together with his or her spouse if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year. And that's just to get in on oil drilling projects and things with no determined outcome.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm hoping that's not true but if that's the case, oh well. What can I do? People are so hyped up about "making money quick" it's so ridiculous and often times ... bogus!

I'd agree with Jack on this, if you even did get a refund, it'd be pennys on the dollar. If you watch American Greed, you see that people never get much if anything back. All that 600mil has already been spent, whether is was paying out a little bit as they went along or luxury items for the people who ran the scam. Money is gone.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
You guys want to see this on the next level?

MMM (Ponzi scheme company) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

МММ was a Russian company that perpetrated one of the world's largest Ponzi schemes of all time, in the 1990s.[1][2] By different estimates from 5 to 40 million people lost up to $10 billion. The exact figures are not known even to the founders.

After the huge scandal, millions of people losing their butts, main guy going to jail... after all that, in 2011 they rolled out MMM - we are back, and improved. And again people put the money in. And, you can guess what happened next.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Here is a link to the actual pdf criminal complaint filed in federal court.

www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2012/comp-pr2012-160.pdf

P.S. The IRS agents are warming up their cars.

From the complaint "Defendants currently hold approximately $225 million in investor
funds in approximately 15 foreign and domestic financial institutions"

Wow, I said it would get shut down and have a few 100 million in the bank... Sometimes I got smarts real good.

Is there anyway to fastlane a Fortune Tellers online site? Maybe I should start one...

Wait, never mind. Miss Cleo Settles for $500 Million

1 billion in sales.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!