The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Green smoothies

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I think this is a great idea.. have you dropped this project since starting Kuizza?

Maybe I'm missing something but why would these veggies need to be thawed? Can't you just blend them frozen?
That was my thoughts, when I do freeze bags over the weekend I just toss it in the blender and blend it frozen.

There were a couple things that made me not pursue this idea. At the time, I was building a much bigger company which I recently sold, and felt this probably needed just as much time. After talking to suppliers, I wasn't sure if the market would accept the price point, or how big that market really is. The target market would be people who want a green shake using raw ingredients, would prefer it over the pre-juiced version, but don't have the time or drive to go to the store once or twice a week and deal with the preparation themselves. It was looking at $3+ per package (per day), which I'm not sure could sell. Think I should still go for it...?

ps a lady from Shark Tank did try it and it went under.

Kuizza's going great though. :) I see you're no longer an INSIDERS?! What's up?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Blueskies4me

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 9, 2014
Noblesville, Indiana
I think this is a great idea.. have you dropped this project since starting Kuizza?

Maybe I'm missing something but why would these veggies need to be thawed? Can't you just blend them frozen?

It happens when you freeze leafy vegetables. Even if you didn't thaw it your drink could possibly have a really unappealing slime quality to it straight from frozen to blender. I could be wrong...just my own observation as a person that cooks food ;)

SMGrandSlam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 21, 2011
I've lost 20 pounds and kept it off with a simple recipe.

1 cup 100% OJ
1 cup 100% Grapefruit Juice
Handful of kale minus any thick stalk.
Blend til kale is chopped fine.

Thats it. I don't put anything else in it and it tastes great.

Bernie.

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Is there a need, or could there be a desire, for a mass packaged green smoothie?

I know a place selling weekly "cleanses" that contain a full week's worth of green juices. According to him, it brings in FAR more revenue than simply selling single units at his store front. I could probe him for some information and numbers if you're looking to move.

hotshot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 24, 2012
Ontario
That was my thoughts, when I do freeze bags over the weekend I just toss it in the blender and blend it frozen.

There were a couple things that made me not pursue this idea. At the time, I was building a much bigger company which I recently sold, and felt this probably needed just as much time. After talking to suppliers, I wasn't sure if the market would accept the price point, or how big that market really is. The target market would be people who want a green shake using raw ingredients, would prefer it over the pre-juiced version, but don't have the time or drive to go to the store once or twice a week and deal with the preparation themselves. It was looking at $3+ per package (per day), which I'm not sure could sell. Think I should still go for it...?

ps a lady from Shark Tank did try it and it went under.

Kuizza's going great though. :) I see you're no longer an INSIDERS?! What's up?

Well in that case.. I'd focus my attention on Kuizza ;). I can see it definitely needing some logistical wizardry to keep them fresh yet sell enough to make money. You might want to consider vacuum sealing the packages though! Since it's going in the blender people might not care about the appearance.

I didn't even notice my INSIDERS membership lapsed.. thanks haha. I'll fix that asap. Been so busy planning the move out of my parents house.. again. Priorities ya know.

Sean DeSilva

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 18, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, California
One incredible benefit of green smoothies is that you actually absorb about four times more nutrients than you do from salads due to the blender being more efficient at breaking everything down than your teeth are. I try to have one every day.

Evan09

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 11, 2015
What a wonderful recipe! This Green drink recipe is so simple that I can make this smoothie within 5 minutes. Thanks for sharing it. I am looking forward to get more recipes like this!

Evan09

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 11, 2015
What a wonderful recipe! This Green drink recipe is so simple that I can make this smoothie within 5 minutes. Thanks for sharing it. I am looking forward to get more recipes like this!

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Someone was trying to do this at my school and start a juicing company, like a juice stand to sell this exact idea.

She presented it in a marketing class I had with her.

I asked if she'd bottle them and sell wholesale to major supermarkets and she said no.
Some dumbass in the class yells out "Are you even paying attention?" (Because she hadn't mentioned packaging and selling them, and I figure that'd be a good idea to actually scale your business)

Needless to say she couldn't get enough money together to build her own juice stand the way she wanted so it was never pursued. I'd still say pre-packaging and getting into a cosco is the recipe for success..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.