amanalki
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jan 13, 2015
- Messages
- 7
Rep Bank
$65
$65
User Power: 29%
First off i am a property developer so online business ventures are completely alien to me, so please excuse any naivety you may read ( its not down to a lack of research or trying)
Before trading on please know this is genuine, I am not setting up a scam or pyramid scheme ect ect, this is a legitimate business I want meet all legalities required to run legitimately and legally.
I have had a idea for a really simplistic app/website gambling concept/game requiring little to no skill but works in a way that the player controls there own odds of winning.
Making the app/website is the easy part. I don't have a lot of money to start up the project so solicitors are out of the question for now (there prices were ridiculous for what I need at this stage) , the gambling commission also seem unwilling to help.
To operate i need to own a remote gambling operators licence which costs thousands in the uk.
( any way round this legally?)
So to start up i thought to find someone/business who already owns one and run under there licence and for letting me do so they take a cut off the profits, I see this as risk free on there part providing all legalities are meet before they agree, am I been Naive in thinking this?
How would I go about finding said person?
Is what I want to do and how I want to do it legal?
Would the game need signing over to them for it to operate under there licence?
Also what would I need to set up a payment method for both pay outs (winnings) and pay in, (losses), would this be do able through PayPal in some way??
I only ask as it would keep costs down and paypal is a world wide recognised and trusted source of making/receiving transactions, as a new gambling site due to the many scams out there I feel customers will be more likely to participate and trust the site making transactions this way rather than entering actual card details.
I believe the idea is solid and I genuinely feel this could be a success due to it's simplicity, as do others I have shared the idea with (few genuinely honest/ trustworthy friends)
I have friends or contacts who can make the app/website very easily, it's everything else that I am struggling with , licences, payment methods, tax, can I patent the idea somehow? would I be better setting up offshore for tax/licence purposes? and if so where and how?
Plus all the other minor and major details that go with setting up this kind of business.
Any help at all will be much appreciated as no one seems to have definitive answers to any of my needs or questions, this is completely new territory to me so please explain any answers as clear and directly as possible.
I know as a rule gambling sites are costly to set up. This kind of expense is not a option for me and I firmly believe there is ways round avoiding massive start up overheads.
The game itself is a very easy and simplistic concept, there is nothing like it out there, I have checked, so much so even the gambling commission couldn't decide if it even fell in to the category of gambling at first.
If you have got this far thanks for taking the time to do so and I hope you can answer just one of my many questions
Before trading on please know this is genuine, I am not setting up a scam or pyramid scheme ect ect, this is a legitimate business I want meet all legalities required to run legitimately and legally.
I have had a idea for a really simplistic app/website gambling concept/game requiring little to no skill but works in a way that the player controls there own odds of winning.
Making the app/website is the easy part. I don't have a lot of money to start up the project so solicitors are out of the question for now (there prices were ridiculous for what I need at this stage) , the gambling commission also seem unwilling to help.
To operate i need to own a remote gambling operators licence which costs thousands in the uk.
( any way round this legally?)
So to start up i thought to find someone/business who already owns one and run under there licence and for letting me do so they take a cut off the profits, I see this as risk free on there part providing all legalities are meet before they agree, am I been Naive in thinking this?
How would I go about finding said person?
Is what I want to do and how I want to do it legal?
Would the game need signing over to them for it to operate under there licence?
Also what would I need to set up a payment method for both pay outs (winnings) and pay in, (losses), would this be do able through PayPal in some way??
I only ask as it would keep costs down and paypal is a world wide recognised and trusted source of making/receiving transactions, as a new gambling site due to the many scams out there I feel customers will be more likely to participate and trust the site making transactions this way rather than entering actual card details.
I believe the idea is solid and I genuinely feel this could be a success due to it's simplicity, as do others I have shared the idea with (few genuinely honest/ trustworthy friends)
I have friends or contacts who can make the app/website very easily, it's everything else that I am struggling with , licences, payment methods, tax, can I patent the idea somehow? would I be better setting up offshore for tax/licence purposes? and if so where and how?
Plus all the other minor and major details that go with setting up this kind of business.
Any help at all will be much appreciated as no one seems to have definitive answers to any of my needs or questions, this is completely new territory to me so please explain any answers as clear and directly as possible.
I know as a rule gambling sites are costly to set up. This kind of expense is not a option for me and I firmly believe there is ways round avoiding massive start up overheads.
The game itself is a very easy and simplistic concept, there is nothing like it out there, I have checked, so much so even the gambling commission couldn't decide if it even fell in to the category of gambling at first.
If you have got this far thanks for taking the time to do so and I hope you can answer just one of my many questions
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
