The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great Example of the Dangers of the Script

Anything related to matters of the mind

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
I stumbled across this article about IBM's changing HR policy and it immediately made me think of the Script:

Cutting ‘Old Heads’ at IBM

It's a good, but very long article so I'll summarise the main points here.

For years, IBM had a very vocal policy of praising the importance of their staff and keeping them via retraining instead of making redundancies as technologies changed. As a consequence, they generated a culture of "lifers" who gave their careers to IBM.

Recently, IBM changed policy and decided millennial's are what an IT company of the future should be made of and have slowly removing the older workforce. The legality seems to be just about on the right side of the line, but the morals and processes are certainly not. Consequently, people are losing their jobs late in their career and finding it very hard to find new roles.

It just goes to show that even when you follow the Script to the letter and choose what seems like one of the safest employer's possible, things can change quickly and there's nothing you can do about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
I stumbled across this article about IBM's changing HR policy and it immediately made me think of the Script:

Cutting ‘Old Heads’ at IBM

It's a good, but very long article so I'll summarise the main points here.

For years, IBM had a very vocal policy of praising the importance of their staff and keeping them via retraining instead of making redundancies as technologies changed. As a consequence, they generated a culture of "lifers" who gave their careers to IBM.

Recently, IBM changed policy and decided millennial's are what an IT company of the future should be made of and have slowly removing the older workforce. The legality seems to be just about on the right side of the line, but the morals and processes are certainly not. Consequently, people are losing their jobs late in their career and finding it very hard to find new roles.

It just goes to show that even when you follow the Script to the letter and choose what seems like one of the safest employer's possible, things can change quickly and there's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks so much for this. Such an illusion of security the corporate world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.