The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great Book!

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
I'm on a 3 to 4 book a week reading binge. I just finished reading Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount. I sell B to C and found this book is a great combination of new ideas and recaps on old prospecting methods. Well worth a read if your phone phobic or believe that Social Prospecting will fill your pipeline on its own. Any ideas of what to read next greatly received and added to my wish list!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I'm on a 3 to 4 book a week reading binge.

Instead of reading 3 to 4 books a week. Consider finding great books and reading each 3 to 4 times.

Also, consider only reading and deeply understanding the one book you need to make the next step in creating your productocracy.

Speed reading or listening to non-fiction books/podcasts isn't helpful.

Instead read slowly, take notes, summarize in your own words, ask yourself questions, quiz yourself, and draw diagrams/pictures.

Number of books read is a useless vanity metric.

Deeply understanding and then executing on a great book is so much more useful.

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
Instead of reading 3 to 4 books a week. Consider finding great books and reading each 3 to 4 times.

Also, consider only reading and deeply understanding the one book you need to make the next step in creating your productocracy.

Speed reading or listening to non-fiction books/podcasts isn't helpful.

Instead read slowly, take notes, summarize in your own words, ask yourself questions, quiz yourself, and draw diagrams/pictures.

Number of books read is a useless vanity metric.

Deeply understanding and then executing on a great book is so much more useful.

Hi, great reply, thanks. Just now I'm away with nothing to do but learn. I don't have the worries or stresses of being at home, I'm 100% chilled and reading/listening to book after book. Because I'm away it all goes in!. Usually it's a book a week or fortnight. As for notes thats 1/2 a spiral bound so far.

SpongeGod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 28, 2019
Wow great progress bro. I also read a lot and I think I could benefit from Rawseed said. I'm guilty of not wanting to reread a book after I've finished. After all, I've already read it. But I honestly don't get much out of my first read, so I'm going to start forcing myself to reread books from now on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
Wow great progress bro. I also read a lot and I think I could benefit from Rawseed said. I'm guilty of not wanting to reread a book after I've finished. After all, I've already read it. But I honestly don't get much out of my first read, so I'm going to start forcing myself to reread books from now on.
Honestly I have tried to reread but it never happens. What I do is this. 1. Write down the chapter title & page. 2 jot a quick summary of what I found useful. 3. Once read copy the notes into the notes section of the book. Somehow I always remember which book to go back to but if I didn't maybe a spreadsheet would jog my memory when I want to reference a book. Not saying it's a great system but it works for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.