The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great books that are NOT best-sellers. Share yours.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I have NOT seen anyone recommend this sequel and I honestly feel like it's a legit sleeper.

Book: Exponential Organization 2.0
Author: Peter Diamandis, Salim Ismail, Michael S Malone
Genre:
Development and Growth Economics
Subject/Description:

The Playbook for 10X Growth and Impact​

In a world of accelerating technologies, three visionary pioneers—Salim Ismail, Peter H. Diamandis, MD, and Michael S. Malone—bring you a playbook to ride on top of the exponential curve. This is a compelling sequel to Exponential Organizations, which quickly became one of the most successful business books globally, being used by leaders, organizations, and even countries to create transformation across nearly every industry and geography.

Exponential Organizations 2.0 outlines the 11 ExO Attributes—the shared DNA of the most dynamic and forward-thinking organizations in the world today—providing a comprehensive guide and the critical tools required to transform your business into an exponential powerhouse.

Explode your growth by harnessing the ExO attributes, including:
  • a Massive Transformative Purpose (MTP)
  • 5 External Attributes: Staff on Demand, Community & Crowd, AI & Algorithms, Leveraged Assets, Engagement (SCALE)
  • 5 Internal Attributes: Interfaces, Dashboards, Experimentation, Autonomy, Social (IDEAS)
The proof lies in the numbers. Over the past seven years, the top 10 most ExO-friendly companies in the Fortune 100 outstripped their less adaptable Fortune 100 counterparts in every key metric:
  • 40x Higher shareholder returns
  • 2.6x Better revenue growth
  • 6.8x Higher profitability
  • 11.7x Better return on assets turnover
Unlock the keys to 10x Growth and Impact with practical advice, case studies, and powerful tools designed to help you dissect your business, identify potential growth areas, and maximize impact. Don't just imagine the future; create it. With Exponential Organizations 2.0 as your guide, transform your business into a force for unparalleled growth and global impact.

The future belongs to those who can innovate at warp speed. Will you be among them?​

(optional) Amazon Link:
Link to the book

My Take:

The book is blowing my mind.

Why?

It lays out some compelling ways the economy is shifting, how the things we value are changing and how the new digital way we do things along with A.I., cryptoeconomics and lean organizations all synergize together to redevelop the global economy.

It's got loads of evidence and lays out plausible game plans that I really had a hard time finding flaws with.

It reiterates what Kevin Kelly, Wired magazine founder, said in 2016:

"You simply plug into the grid and get AI as if it was electricity. It will enliven your inert objects, much as electricity did more than a century past. Now everything that we formerly electrified we will cognify."

What gets dematerialized gets democratized.

What gets democratized gets commodified.

What is scarce in a world of abundance?

To win online in the next few years, you've got to have a Massive Transformative Purpose.

5 year game plans?

You can forget about those. Change happens too fast for that nonsense. We barely know what's happening in the next 6 months.

The book makes the prediction that the next billion dollar startup will only have 3 core employees, A CEO, Product Lead, and Operations Lead. The rest will be nuanced staff on demand. A.I. will mostly handle sales and marketing.

My favorite quote from the book:

"Now that the information asteroid of digitization, dematerialization, demonetization, and democratization has hit, the global economy has changed forever. The era of traditional, hierarchical market domination by old-breed (aka “dinosaur”) companies is coming to an end. As one can see from the many examples in this book, the world now belongs to smarter, smaller, and faster-moving enterprises."

If I could somehow figure out how to merge Unscripted (my favorite DeMarco book) with Exponential Organizations 2.0, I feel like I'd be on to somethin' lol.

Anyone else read this one?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
View attachment 52880You should read old books because they’re so much better
Just read the page, it sounds like a reality brutal book, not your typical Amazon best-seller, highly recommended by the algorithm/influencers book.
I'm just curious how did you stumble on such an ancient gem?
Because I searched it on Amazon and found nearly 0 reviews on it, it seems like an out-of-radar hidden gem book.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
View attachment 52880You should read old books because they’re so much better
Which book is this?

Agreed about old books being better

The meta trend of writing for being simple and easy to read has resulted in books of no substance

Even the copywriting books of the 50s are much more dense than most books today and they were written by the very people who pioneered and preached using simple, easy to read writing

Reading Breakthrough advertising is still the best marketing book or course you could ever do, it was written in the 50s, you’d think it would be outdated but it’s hilarious how little has changed

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Which book is this?

Agreed about old books being better

The meta trend of writing for being simple and easy to read has resulted in books of no substance

Even the copywriting books of the 50s are much more dense than most books today and they were written by the very people who pioneered and preached using simple, easy to read writing

Reading Breakthrough advertising is still the best marketing book or course you could ever do, it was written in the 50s, you’d think it would be outdated but it’s hilarious how little has changed
Modern Business by The Alexander Hamilton Institute.

Mine is the 1919 printed version complete set.

Got it from some lady in Gig Harbor 25 minutes away from me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.