The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gravy's Hustle Thread: $100k/mo or Bust!

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Deleted this post cause it didn't belong in this thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Great story so far. I'm digging the vids and your new video setup!

Couple of questions for ya:

- When you're on the roofs do you use any sort of safety harness? Is that a thing mandated by some sort of "safe work" regulation? Dragging a long hose filled with pressurized water and lots of random connections around on a slippery roof might cause problems. It would be a shame to see you get hurt.

- TikTok is fascinating to me. What's your end game with it? What kind of business opportunities do you see coming from lots of views on it? (if any?)

Thanks man keep it up.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
- When you're on the roofs do you use any sort of safety harness? Is that a thing mandated by some sort of "safe work" regulation? Dragging a long hose filled with pressurized water and lots of random connections around on a slippery roof might cause problems. It would be a shame to see you get hurt.

- TikTok is fascinating to me. What's your end game with it? What kind of business opportunities do you see coming from lots of views on it? (if any?)

Thanks man keep it up.

I don't use any safety stuff. I need to though. I wear rubber boots with super grippy soles so they grip the tile roofs really well. I usually drop the hose from the top of the roof, plug it in and turn it on, then drop it and unplug when finished.

@rogainer thanks bro glad to see you're doing well.

Last edited:

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
What's up Fastlaners!

I haven't posted on here in quite some time.

I joined the forum in late 2013, before reading MJ's book. I found the Fastlane Forum through a forum called Luxury 4 Play (about cars). Someone had posted a link in the "business" section. I always asked myself, 'how do people afford these crazy cars?!' So I decided to delve down the rabbit hole and find out.

In 2014, I attended the Capitalism and Bacon meetup in Houston, Texas. There, I was introduced to the world of entrepreneurship. We had a blast over the long weekend, and made some life long friends to boot.

I lived in Idaho/Washington for the vast majority of my life. From 2014-2017, I started several online businesses, all of which failed in one way or another. Either I didn't put in enough effort, or the products weren't viable. I learned alot about myself during this time, and don't regret "action faking," since it taught me many invaluable lessons. I also found myself growing stagnant, and comfortable during this time. I partied alot, F*cked around, had an IT job making around 60k/year (age 18-22).

One day, in late 2017, I found myself laying in my girlfriend's bed, Netflix blaring in the background. I was blankly staring at my phone. I wondered how I had gotten to my current position. I wondered what else there was in store for me. I would equate this to my "F*ck this event," only it was a long time coming. I packed up my few belongings into my 87 Honda CRX, called my boss and told him I was quitting on the spot, and decided to move to Southern California.

Thankfully, one of my friends from the 2014 meetup was in a similar position. We ended up getting a house in San Diego, which we deemed the "Entrepreneur Hustle House." Since, we have had 2 other Fastlaners live with us, and countless others come to visit.

I had absolutely no money when I first moved here. We're talking maybe 3 grand saved up. I should have had alot more, but I was still in sidewalk mindset at the time. I started a drop shipping business, which ended up making a few k/mo, and sustaining me for a while. This didn't last, and before I knew it, I had maxed out several credit cards trying to keep this business, as well as others, afloat, alongside paying my rent.

I tried running an ad agency for other businesses as well, but realized it was inauthentic to myself. This floated me for a few more months, but came to a screeching halt one day when I realized I didn't even have enough money to pay rent.

This was possibly the lowest point in my life that I had experienced. I had crushing anxiety, defeating depression, and was overall underachieving in every aspect. I knew I could do much better, which is the reason why I felt so terrible.

The year before, I had met a guy in LA who owns a window cleaning business. I remember posting about it here long ago, he was actually trying to sell it. I asked him if he would let me work for him for a few days (another time where I didn’t know if I was going to be able to pay rent.) Thankfully, he let me, and in doing so, taught me the ropes of what he does. I soaked up information, asked lots of questions, and tried to gain clarity on the situation.

Last year, I decided to bite the bullet, swallow my pride, and start an offline service business, just like he had.

I set up a Yelp page, made my Google listing. Printed out thousands of door hangers and flyers. Spent my last few bucks on a squeegee, mop, and bucket, and began hitting the doors. I had a fire lit under my a$$, and nothing to lose, so I went as hard as I could, every day, until I started getting jobs.

Due to the low startup costs, and low barrier to entry, and insane work ethic driven by necessity, I was profitable within about 48 hours of deciding to start this business. I haven’t let up the gas since. By the end of 2019, I had grown the business to over 20k/mo revenue, around 80% margins. My only expenses were marketing, and a little gas to get to the jobs. I threw two ladders inside my sedan, used a hose, bucket, mop, and squeegee to perform home services for customers.

I realized in order for this business to scale past 20k/mo, I need systems in place. I have since hired a full time secretary to deal with all day to day, and help me create systems. I implemented a CRM, accounting software, and automated lots of daily tasks. I also became legit, finally got insurance, and a business license (LOL). I have also hired another employee to work in the field.

I have done alot of “soul searching” in the past few years. I took alot of time for myself, and really dug deep. What kind of person do I want to be? If I could do anything in the world money aside, what would I be doing? What is AUTHENTIC to my character, and what are things I really love doing?

I realized my gifts are along the lines of helping others. I genuinely want to push other people along to achieve their goals and dreams (especially when it relates to my personal story). My long term goals include blowing up my “entrepreneur hustle house” concept, only this time, I will own the houses, and rent them to young people who didn’t go to college, as a sort of “incubator tank” for businesses. I want to push young guys especially, just like myself, because I’ve seen the power of it.

My current goals, in line with my larger goals are:

Scale the offline home service business

Create YouTube videos helping others do the same thing I have done

Network with those people

Get them to move in together

Invest in their businesses (once I have more capital)

I want to create an ecosystem for myself in the future. So I am taking steps to get there today.

I will use this thread as a place to hold myself accountable, but mainly for a place to be able to look back and see my story over the next few years. I miss posting on the Fastlane Forum. It was a huge part of my childhood, and has led me to meeting some really cool people. I owe it to other readers and members to document my journey.

I hope other people can relate to countless business failures, action fakes, and losing lots of $ in the process to find something that actually works for them.

Comments/questions/concerns welcome.

David

Very motivational post David, my question to you is what made you want to choose the window cleaning business and stick to that one instead of something else? What made you say this is it and this is what is what i am goig to scale ?

Do you have fulltime employees at the moment ?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Very motivational post David, my question to you is what made you want to choose the window cleaning business and stick to that one instead of something else? What made you say this is it and this is what is what i am goig to scale ?

Do you have fulltime employees at the moment ?

I have one full time employee plus 2 others "part time."

This business was profitable pretty much from day one. I was in a VERY tough financial place, and the business dug me out of my hole. It's very simple and easy to run, and enjoyable.

I was caught in the drop shipping loop as well as SMMA for a while, which was just like pulling teeth. In this blue collar service biz, people literally beg me to come perform services on their homes. There's no "sales" involved, they already sell themselves. Then I upsell them, but this comes naturally.

Also the profit margins in this business are great. You really can get started for barely any money.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
hustle house
You might be onto new buzz word.

Back on topic: There was a guy, gosh i don't remember what niche but it was something along house cleaning , that did very good job under his brand and logo.
Then he started to license that logo - doing national franchise, eventually becoming millionaire.

So the suggestion for You would be to think about logo and brand name.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I have one full time employee plus 2 others "part time."

This business was profitable pretty much from day one. I was in a VERY tough financial place, and the business dug me out of my hole. It's very simple and easy to run, and enjoyable.

I was caught in the drop shipping loop as well as SMMA for a while, which was just like pulling teeth. In this blue collar service biz, people literally beg me to come perform services on their homes. There's no "sales" involved, they already sell themselves. Then I upsell them, but this comes naturally.

Also the profit margins in this business are great. You really can get started for barely any money.

Thanks for the reply David, we have been working on construction as well. We have been testing what is the most profitable gigs to then niche it down and go from there. Still lots of testing, right now we are outsourcing 80% of the jobs but once we have our profitable gig we will stick to those.

Me myself was also questionable about should I go the online route, but there is just no money in the

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Thanks for the reply David, we have been working on construction as well. We have been testing what is the most profitable gigs to then niche it down and go from there. Still lots of testing, right now we are outsourcing 80% of the jobs but once we have our profitable gig we will stick to those.

Me myself was also questionable about should I go the online route, but there is just no money in the

So you flip houses, then got into the construction side of it? That sounds bad a$$.

Sounds like an opportunity you would never have had, had you not been taking action, flipping the houses in the first place!

Anyway, PM me your YouTube, your link is broken. Will definitely check your stuff out. Maybe we can do a collab video.

Today we had a rain storm. My phone was absolutely poppin. Here's some of the income from today:

IMG_2393.PNGIMG_2394.PNGIMG_2392.PNG

Also video taped myself working in the rain. If you want it, you godda go get it, rain or shine.

In this business, Rain = money.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Love this!! You're the Gary V of Windows. Crush it crush it crush it!!

Also I would get a used truck, maybe, don't end up in some sort of Final Destination situation in case of car accident lol

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
So you flip houses, then got into the construction side of it? That sounds bad a$$.

Sounds like an opportunity you would never have had, had you not been taking action, flipping the houses in the first place!

Anyway, PM me your YouTube, your link is broken. Will definitely check your stuff out. Maybe we can do a collab video.

Today we had a rain storm. My phone was absolutely poppin. Here's some of the income from today:

View attachment 30977View attachment 30978View attachment 30979

Also video taped myself working in the rain. If you want it, you godda go get it, rain or shine.

In this business, Rain = money.

Yes I was flipping then got into wholesaling homes, that business became so low barrier entry level we had to kick it up a notch and sell shovels "Construction" service based. Like I mentioned I am testing things right now to choose most profitable niches.

I sent you a PM will send you my youtube channel through there again.

Awesome man, I like how constant pay your business is. Yes I am interested in doing a collab following you on youtube right now.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Wow i was amazed and shocked at the prices folks are willing to pay to have windows cleaned. Here in the UK people only want to pay £20-£30 per house. What a tight bunch we are over here..lol

That literally couldn't be profitable here, unless you're willing to take a huge loss and consider LTV of the customer.

There is also alot of competition, so it drives down prices somewhat.

BUT

I only want to work with home owners who don't care about price.

Most of the people I work with don't notice the difference between spending $225 and $325. They only care about quality, timing, and seeing a polite young guy with a bright smile at the door.

So might as well charge $325 and do a damn good job.

Great thread. Thanks for sharing. Don't see enough hustle threads like this around here lately. Keep going. :)

For real. I should have started this earlier but I was so busy. At least I'm getting around to it now. Will keep it up.

Love this!! You're the Gary V of Windows. Crush it crush it crush it!!

Also I would get a used truck, maybe, don't end up in some sort of Final Destination situation in case of car accident lol

Thanks for that. He and I have the same personality type. I agree with 95% of the stuff he says.

What I don't agree with is the whole "wait 20 years" stuff. The "Fastlane" is all about NOT waiting in the "slowlane" for wealth. To create that shit yourself. This business is not "Fastlane" at this point, since it breaks some of the commandments. But it's a damn good start, and allows me funds to throw at other business ventures. It can and will become Fastlane once I divorce my time from the biz.

Trucks aren't the move for this business, because you can't lock them. Vans are the move. I just spent a bunch of $ fixing up this car, but purchasing a used van is next on the list of big purchases.

In other news: Closed a commercial cleaning company yesterday that has hundreds of accounts. They are aiming to upsell window cleaning services, but don't quite have the capacity to hire a full time guy. So they're outsourcing to us.

This forced me to systematize pricing, rather than have me do it all. The manager there said he wanted to be able to quote his customers without me getting involved, and he knows nothing about windows. So I walked him through a bunch of scenerios as well as created spreadsheets for each type of building.

Should be a good relationship that brings 3+ jobs a week. Once this is ironed out, I will set out to close as many of these guys as I can.

Today was another fat day of rain gutter cleaning. Profits attached:
IMG_2515.PNG

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Despite the chaos going on in the world right now, the past 2 weeks have been two of the most profitable weeks my business has ever seen.

Been absolutely crushing it. Keeping my head down, although it's damn near impossible to block out everything.

Have had a few customers concerned so I told them I would communicate via text/phone, and they didn't have to meet me or my employees in person. Worked out great! We don't need the customer there anyway.

Taking videos of everything and texting them to the customer. They love it!

Today's loot:

IMG_2679.PNGIMG_2680.PNG

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Booked a job from a neighbor yelling at me while on a roof today. Got his number and set him in the calendar. He saw me spraying his neighbors rain gutters, and told me he needed me to do his too.

Guy had 3 BMW's parked in the drive way, he obviously didn't care about price. Literally keeping up with the Jones's.

Another FAT day of profits! The reason I'm posting screen shots is for MOTIVATION TO GET OUT THERE AND DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!!

For ANYONE struggling! Please! Take a close look at what I'm doing. You can so easily do the same. Even if you're in the same city there's so much demand out there, there's room for everyone.

90515112_230992387945878_3530317432021319680_n.jpg90513051_212745459811092_3887965122605350912_n.jpg

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
Booked a job from a neighbor yelling at me while on a roof today. Got his number and set him in the calendar. He saw me spraying his neighbors rain gutters, and told me he needed me to do his too.

Guy had 3 BMW's parked in the drive way, he obviously didn't care about price. Literally keeping up with the Jones's.

Another FAT day of profits! The reason I'm posting screen shots is for MOTIVATION TO GET OUT THERE AND DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!!

For ANYONE struggling! Please! Take a close look at what I'm doing. You can so easily do the same. Even if you're in the same city there's so much demand out there, there's room for everyone.

View attachment 31243View attachment 31244

What's your favorite way to clean the gutters? Do you get on the roof or clean from a ladder?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
What's your favorite way to clean the gutters? Do you get on the roof or clean from a ladder?
I always get on the roof if I can, which is around 90% of the time. Sometimes there's just no way, or it's too steep.

This makes it go much quicker. Moving the ladder around and getting into weird angles is what takes the longest amount of time.

Also, you need to factor in the cleanup. The less mess you make, the less mud/dirt/shingle dust you have to clean at the end! I try to dry scrape as much of the chunks as possible before blasting with a hose or pressure washer.

One thing I've been doing recently is upselling on roof pressure washing. Just upsold a dude yesterday for $1350 extra. His gutters were trashed and his roof had serious growth on it. I went up there, took pics, and showed him. He agreed on the spot.

From the roof is always the easiest unless it's too steep or too sketchy. It will cut the time in half.

Also try not to let much of the debris go down the downspout because they can clog easily. Always dig as much of it as you can before hand into a bucket. I created a little hook for my bucket that can easily hang from the rain gutters as I scoop the stuff out.

It's a dirty job but trust me, when you get paid at the end, you won't even remember :)

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Still crushing despite the shutdowns.

I highly encourage any newbies or anyone in a slow period right now to take advantage of home owners needing services. People are still spending money, trust me. They NEED your help, and you need theirs.

Checks upon checks still coming in. Here's some from the past 2 days.

Looks like they shut down Cali today. I give zero F*cks. I'll keep scheduling jobs as long as people still need us. They can arrest me on the way.

IMG_2873.jpgIMG_2885.jpgMoney.jpgIMG_2882.PNG

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
The main reason for this thread is because I'm sick of hearing excuses from people.

There is literally NO excuse not to do this and make $ TODAY. No virus, no shutdown, no nothing.

These times will pass. I'm seeing a reoccuring theme between action fakers / complainers. It doesn't matter what day it is, or what's going on in the world. There will always be an excuse not to take action.

What the F*ck else better do you have to do? Watch more YouTube? Read more business books? Listen to more podcasts?

Do you really thing you're just one video/book/podcast away from success?

Here's a tip: Cut the bullshit. Lock your business books away in a cupboard. Block YouTube and Instagram. Block your podcasts. Block any other dopamine hits that let your brain THINK you're taking action, when you really aren't.

Go start a home services business exactly like I did. Fall FLAT on your face. Fail. Learn. Fail. Learn. Do it again until you make money. Then repeat. And repeat again.

Then scale. Then build systems.

The beauty of what I'm doing is that it doesn't matter your background. It doesn't matter if you went to school. It doesn't matter if you've failed in business for the past 10 years. It doesn't matter if you've action faked your way to your current situation.

You can pick this shit up TODAY and make money TODAY. The first job you get pays for ALL of your startup costs.

You can float your AdSpend on Yelp for a month straight, 2 months if you know how to game the system. I did this. Made a bunch of money and didn't pay a dime till later.

There are just no more excuses. Every time I hear an excuse or complaint in other threads, I'm just going to start roasting.

I want people to skip YEARS of hardship, self doubt, udder failure, action faking, etc. I wanna see people quit their shitty jobs. I want to see that spark that hits when you FINALLY make something work. Do something that's PROVEN to succeed quickly, just to get some success under your belt. This will allow you TIME and MONEY to pursue another business, or scale this business if you so choose. Either way, the choice is yours.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Had a FAT day yesterday. Only one or two higher so far.

Came from an upsell. We are also doing more work for this guy next week. Paid $15 for the customer and about $15 in gas.

Went to his house to clean the rain gutters for $275. Told him his roof needed to be pressure washed badly (it did). Was growing mold and moss and shit. Told him I'd come back in a few days to do it all.

Done. Check attached. Feels GOOD.

I'm 1.5/10th of my way to my goal of 10k/day. Let's F*ckin GET IT!!!!IMG_3039.PNG

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
More craziness today. Two screenshots attached, one more for $325 on the way after I send the guy some pics.

Got a few other guys I'm helping to do the same shit in other cities. Feels GOOD to help others in the same position as me. We bounce ideas off eachother and make shit happen. Trying to surround myself with straight hustlers only. No excuse makers or negativity. Positive vibes only.

IMG_3046.PNGIMG_3045.PNG

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
DMS:

Delegate

Motivate

Sell

That's all a leader should be doing. Delegating tasks to the RIGHT team member. MOTIVATING that team member. Understanding what makes THEM tick. Why do THEY come to work? What do they WANT in life? How can you mutually benefit eachother? Keeps the morale high and employees motivated, and mutually invested in successful outcome. Sell your product or service, but also sell your employees on the dream. Then deliver.

Also happens to be my initials. DMS

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
I always get on the roof if I can, which is around 90% of the time. Sometimes there's just no way, or it's too steep.

This makes it go much quicker. Moving the ladder around and getting into weird angles is what takes the longest amount of time.

Also, you need to factor in the cleanup. The less mess you make, the less mud/dirt/shingle dust you have to clean at the end! I try to dry scrape as much of the chunks as possible before blasting with a hose or pressure washer.

One thing I've been doing recently is upselling on roof pressure washing. Just upsold a dude yesterday for $1350 extra. His gutters were trashed and his roof had serious growth on it. I went up there, took pics, and showed him. He agreed on the spot.

From the roof is always the easiest unless it's too steep or too sketchy. It will cut the time in half.

Also try not to let much of the debris go down the downspout because they can clog easily. Always dig as much of it as you can before hand into a bucket. I created a little hook for my bucket that can easily hang from the rain gutters as I scoop the stuff out.

It's a dirty job but trust me, when you get paid at the end, you won't even remember :)

Just cleaned my 2nd set of gutters. After seeing your success with gutter cleaning, I added it to my services as an up-sell! It seems you are having success installing new gutters/guards, correct? Might have to look into that myself

Have 3 roof cleanings coming up as well. What pump are you using for the roofs?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Just cleaned my 2nd set of gutters. After seeing your success with gutter cleaning, I added it to my services as an up-sell! It seems you are having success installing new gutters/guards, correct? Might have to look into that myself

Have 3 roof cleanings coming up as well. What pump are you using for the roofs?

How are you advertising for roof cleanings? And how are you completing them? Tile or shingles?

I've been using a dogshit 2100 PSI electric one for roofs because I can bring the thing up on the roof with me. But it takes way too long. Next one I'm getting a 3400 PSI gas and a long a$$ hose instead.

Honestly the installs have been rocky. It has resulted in WAY more callbacks than any other service. I've probably gotten 2 calls backs total for rain gutter CLEANING, and maybe 5 total for window cleaning, in the entire time the biz has ran. We do 80/20 the jobs but I do as good a job as the customer wants us to do. I take hella good before and after pics of every gutter job.

When you say you added it to your services, you added it on your website? On your flyers? On Yelp?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Forgot to take pics of the $ today for y'all. Had a hot bank teller raise her eyebrow when she deposited the checks tho. Felt like a boss.

I hope my posts are motivating people to get out there and start doing shit. That's all I'm trying to do here. I've had several people reach out to me so far and I'm trying to help them with what I can. I'd rather you post in this thread tho, so everyone can benefit.

There are no secrets to this business. Just hard a$$ work and not being an idiot. It's one of the most simple businesses I can think of.

The business has NOT slowed down because of the 'Rona. I repeat, HAS NOT SLOWED DOWN. Still going harder than ever. Might actually be the busiest month I've ever had and it ain't even over.

I haven't had a day off in weeks and I'm starting to feel the burn. Been working ALL day, doing nothing but work. That's the price you have to pay for a while to build massive success. Gonna schedule this coming Sunday off to sleep in till 10AM and recover, then work from home for a few hours.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Absolutely killing it bro, congrats and well deserved. Way to show how it's done.
More jobs, add more employees and you'll be laughing.

Question; you say you're looking into buying a van/truck at some point since you use your car to transport material.
Seeing the money you make per day/week makes me think you should be able to afford some kind of decent van after a week or 2 worths of work, no? Saying this because I know you can buy a brand new Fiat Ducato (pretty big van/truck/car) for 20-25k here in NL. So never mind second hand, easily sub 10k.
Say you invest 5k or 10k on it; that allows you to transport more material and upsell more jobs, you'd make that money back in a month.
Just curious to your plan :clench:

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
How are you advertising for roof cleanings? And how are you completing them? Tile or shingles?

I've been using a dogshit 2100 PSI electric one for roofs because I can bring the thing up on the roof with me. But it takes way too long. Next one I'm getting a 3400 PSI gas and a long a$$ hose instead.

Honestly the installs have been rocky. It has resulted in WAY more callbacks than any other service. I've probably gotten 2 calls backs total for rain gutter CLEANING, and maybe 5 total for window cleaning, in the entire time the biz has ran. We do 80/20 the jobs but I do as good a job as the customer wants us to do. I take hella good before and after pics of every gutter job.

When you say you added it to your services, you added it on your website? On your flyers? On Yelp?

Look into a soft wash system! More cost effective,efficient, and it’s the only way that you should clean roof. Pressure washing can damage shingles and takes way too long. Soft wash is 60 PSI and cleans with chemicals. The pictures below is a section of a roof that took me 10 minutes to coat and about 20 minutes of it drying

All of my roof cleanings have been in the same neighborhood, after doing 1 roof, 4 others want it done! I just received my post cards that push for roof cleaning as well. Get some yard signs and put them up while you are working too!

I added “Gutter cleaning” to my website after seeing this thread! I kept it off of my postcards and my truck wrap I’ll be getting as I primarily want to focus on pressure washing/soft washing and use gutter cleaning as an up sell, most people are interested once you offer it! After seeing your success with the installations, I thought about adding that too

Attachments

• F5F73051-495C-4181-AE2C-61C5D435667D.jpeg
    F5F73051-495C-4181-AE2C-61C5D435667D.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DB6AFA2B-907E-4C95-B99A-49D7774096C5.jpeg
    DB6AFA2B-907E-4C95-B99A-49D7774096C5.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 64

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Absolutely killing it bro, congrats and well deserved. Way to show how it's done.
More jobs, add more employees and you'll be laughing.

Question; you say you're looking into buying a van/truck at some point since you use your car to transport material.
Seeing the money you make per day/week makes me think you should be able to afford some kind of decent van after a week or 2 weeks of work, no? Saying this because I know you can buy a brand new Fiat Ducato (pretty big van/truck/car) for 20-25k here in NL. So never mind second hand, easily sub 10k.
Say you invest 5k or 10k on it; that allows you to transport more material and upsell more jobs, you'd make that money back in a month.
Just curious to your plan :clench:

You're right, I should have a van by now. I could easily buy one.

It's just not as high of a priority right now as other things. I'm building another business on the side that's taking a shitload of cash. Also trying to move/save for that.

To be honest, this business is a cashflow business to fund other ventures. I will keep scaling it until something else eclipses the income.

I have a habit of letting things run until they're totally trashed (current car). It's still going strong.

The other thing is, I'm still thinking short term. Short term, a van isn't gonna make me a single extra dollar. In 6 months? Maybe. Not in 6 weeks tho. I can do everything with just a car. People never comment on it, besides the fact that they're surprised I can get ladders and pressure washers in there.

The beauty of this business is that you can literally start it with BARELY ANYTHING. I'm talking 1 ladder and a hose. You don't even need a damn spray nozzle on your hose if you can't afford the luxury! Go do a few jobs then you're good to buy whatever you want.

Look into a soft wash system! More cost effective,efficient, and it’s the only way that you should clean roof. Pressure washing can damage shingles and takes way too long. Soft wash is 60 PSI and cleans with chemicals. The pictures below is a section of a roof that took me 10 minutes to coat and about 20 minutes of it drying

All of my roof cleanings have been in the same neighborhood, after doing 1 roof, 4 others want it done! I just received my post cards that push for roof cleaning as well. Get some yard signs and put them up while you are working too!

I added “Gutter cleaning” to my website after seeing this thread! I kept it off of my postcards and my truck wrap I’ll be getting as I primarily want to focus on pressure washing/soft washing and use gutter cleaning as an up sell, most people are interested once you offer it! After seeing your success with the installations, I thought about adding that too

Most of my customers have tile roofs. I'd say 3/10 have shingles. I will look into it tho for sure. My other pressure washing friend thought I was an idiot for pressure washing tiles lmao.

Another day in the books. $850 today.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
More craziness today. Two screenshots attached, one more for $325 on the way after I send the guy some pics.

Got a few other guys I'm helping to do the same shit in other cities. Feels GOOD to help others in the same position as me. We bounce ideas off eachother and make shit happen. Trying to surround myself with straight hustlers only. No excuse makers or negativity. Positive vibes only.

View attachment 31509View attachment 31510

This thread is straight heroine for me. Marking off work tomorrow to go do door to door sales and see what the Miami area has to offer.

Happy to have accidentally found out about you bro. Keep killin it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.