The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grant Cardone Admits: "The American Dream is way harder than I've been writing about in books and talking about from seminar stages"

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
I just came across this article on Inc.com in which Grant Cardone shares lessons he learned from is 'Undercover Billionaire' Challenge (Build the American Dream With $100 and a Truck).

Bottom line up front: What did you learn by starting a business with nothing in a place you didn't know?​

The American Dream is very hard--way harder than I've been writing about in books and talking about from seminar stages. This was the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life. It was no food, no water and no shelter--just $100 and an old truck. I learned that there's so much to be grateful for that we take for granted every day, like bad employees. When you're out there by yourself you're saying, "Man I sure would like to have a couple of bad employees right now." Anything is better than nothing.

Grant Cardone's 'Undercover Billionaire' Challenge: Build the American Dream With $100 and a Truck | Inc.com

Is Grant admitting his courses, books and seminars are not founded on the real-world of business? For it's taken his participation in a reality TV show -- of all things -- for him come to this realization!

But now that he's come to this realization, I'm wondering what sort of changes he's going to make in his courses and books, courses and seminars.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Fascinating experiment but I doubt it shows how hard it is for an average person. There's probably a camera guy following him around which makes people more eager to work with him. The best experiment would involve no interference whatsoever (that's why progress threads here on the forum are so valuable).

Bow now that, he's come to this realization, I'm wondering what sort of changes he's going to make in his courses and books, courses and seminars.

Probably none because the point is to produce stuff that sells, not stuff that works lol.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Fascinating experiment but I doubt it shows how hard it is for an average person. There's probably a camera guy following him around which makes people more eager to work with him. The best experiment would involve no interference whatsoever (that's why progress threads here on the forum are so valuable).

Probably none because the point is to produce stuff that sells, not stuff that works lol.
hey,
we can also hire a camera man to follow us around

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
hey,
we can also hire a camera man to follow us around

That would actually be freaking genius LOL. Instant social proof pretending that you're a successful millionaire shooting an episode how to build a business. Just super unethical and the truth would eventually come out.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Just super unethical and the truth would eventually come out.
we are not claiming anything false, we are building a business and documenting it.

though,
I see how easily the public could be deceived.

EDIT: Forgot to add not in the claim :happy:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I think someone did something like that. They hired fake paparazzi to follow them... and then total strangers, having no idea who this person is (because they're not famous) would start asking for photos and autographs. :happy:

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Grant is a multi-millionaire, imo he doesn't really care.

Why would he?

I think he's good at deploying empathy and making people feel like he cares, just like Gary Vee and Ryan Serhant. If you think any of these people genuinely care, look at their Glassdoor reviews from people that work with them daily (start with Gary Vee's Vaynermedia).

At the end of the day, 5 years from now, Grant will still be selling his courses/motivating large audiences etc.

What will you be doing?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.