The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Graham Stephen tries window cleaning

Anything related to matters of the mind

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
322%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone say they can’t get a 25k or 50k loan to start a business or they can’t find a decent job. The answers are there just no one wants to clean windows.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Just watched this. Was hilarious and inspiring!

@piano @Subsonic
Yeah, now come to Germany where you need to armwrestle grandmas for €120.

Now for real though, it's a cool video and door to door is very much a character building experience. I just stopped doing it (and window cleaning in general) here because it is constrained by all the things I don't want to change right now and does not use any of my advantages.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

twram

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 25, 2023
He'd be pretty pressed to make that much where I live, guy does my windows for £3

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
That was a great video @biophase, thanks for sharing!

I’m curious - what makes you say the guy is good at selling?

For example, was it his overall mindset? Maybe his demeanor? Or were there specific tactics you noticed he was using?

I’d be very interested to hear what you saw or picked up on from the video that I or others may have missed or should pay close attention to.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
That was a great video @biophase, thanks for sharing!

I’m curious - what makes you say the guy is good at selling?

For example, was it his overall mindset? Maybe his demeanor? Or were there specific tactics you noticed he was using?

I’d be very interested to hear what you saw or picked up on from the video that I or others may have missed or should pay close attention to.

He had very good responses to any objections. Like when he talked about knowing the models of the homes in the neighborhood. You can see how he can close a bunch of houses in a day.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
madness how much people pay for window cleaning over there. Our window cleaner is like £16 every 2/3 weeks.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
He'd be pretty pressed to make that much where I live, guy does my windows for £3
I thought mine was cheap at £10 for the house. Probably fewer windows in mine, though, than those in the video.

DB1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 6, 2022
Great watch, building that unwavering mindset paired with grit and work ethic. Haven't watched a Graham Stephen video in a while...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I thought mine was cheap at £10 for the house. Probably fewer windows in mine, though, than those in the video.
How big is your house and how many windows does it have?

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
How big is your house and how many windows does it have?
I was about to figure out the size of the house by measuring some rooms and so on, then I remembered that next door is for sale and their estate agent has already done the work, and it turns out that it's around 1330 square feet, and he washes five or maybe six windows.

As I was driving at in the comment, the houses in the video are probably much bigger, and have more windows, but would they be 25 times bigger, to justify the extra cost (leaving aside exchange rates)? Another difference is the work done. My house has two levels (ground and first floor, in the US I think that's first and second floor) and they don't use a ladder any more in case they fall off, so there's no squeegeeing the upper windows - they're just done with an extending brush with water running through it and left to dry naturally. We don't really have screens in the UK, another thing I think he was cleaning at one point.

I don't know if there's a market for a much more expensive window cleaner that would do a more thorough job around here - I don't live in a slum but they're fairly small houses. I think a lot of people don't have them cleaned at all, it's not usually all that long before the rain does it for free. There are a few developments around here with bigger houses, I wonder what they're paying.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.