The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grabbing Life by the horns

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
Well, I’m kind of a mess today. I’m irritable and feeling unaccomplished. My slow lane job just takes up so much damn time and effort, it makes it very difficult to get anything going. That an just debt and all that other crap, it’s bringing me down at the moment. I am motivated still, (I seemingly never lose motivation) but the logical side of my brain is getting fed up with everything right now. And basically I have no time at all to do anything most days. I’m luck if I find time after about 10pm, when I have to wake up at 5am every day. Half the time my wife wants my time then, and then a day out of the week the kids aren’t sleeping, and then at least one day out of the week I am pretty much exhausted and crash in the kids room while getting them to sleep, only to wake up on the floor at 4am ready to start another day. Then the weekends seem even more busy, and since I’m not home because of work, my time with the family is very valuable. And then another weekend goes by without any success.

So let’s recap where everything is:

Card game: Basically no response from anyone, to say this has been a buzzkill is an understatement. It also is super annoying that 12 different families basically knocked down the walls to get a copy of the game, but 2 months later, no one has even played it. Unreal… I take that back, one group played it, but let’s just say they are not the type of people that would have ever bought the game, and we were reluctant to send it to them to begin with. It didn’t go very well, they thought it was funny, but too much was too “adult” for them. So….kind of a waste.

I know we need to just move on from it, and basically say “F” them. But what a lesson to get friends involved. My advice. DO NOT GET YOUR FRIENDS INVOLVED IN YOUR BUSINESS IDEAS AT ALL.

Book: Let’s just put this in the “DO NOT GET YOUR FRIENDS INVOLVED IN YOUR BUSINESS IDEAS AT ALL” category. 3 months later, still no comments.

The feedback loop is broken here, and I think that is part of my frustration. I would love to put full effort into one of these things, but I can’t get any of them to stick at all. They seemed so encouraging for awhile, but then I realized there is a lot of being “used” for these things. It’s like they get good karma points for “helping” out, but they don’t realize they’re not helping at all, in fact, it has been more detrimental than if no one wanted to see it.

Engineering stuff: I have turned this part of my plan off for some time now, basically it hasn’t been what I want, but because my slow lane job takes up so much of my time and effort as it is, I’m starting to revisit the idea. I’m so tired of working for the “man”. I found out recently that my salary is only about 4 grand more than new grads…… talk about feeling undervalued. And that comes from the same people that tell me I’m their “number one”….. sure doesn’t feel like it. Unfortunately, looking around, it doesn’t seem any better out there for anyone else, UNLESS, you own the company.

Blog/Podcast: This is still kicking. We put out podcast number 6 yesterday. People keep telling us they “love”, and the stats are showing there are about 30 regular listeners, which is pretty cool. Got to figure out how to get that to 300 then to 3000 etc… I’m having a hard time getting Facebook ads to work, they won’t even show my add, cause the picture has the Name of the podcast in it, and they basically say that there are too many words on the picture??? What’s that all about?

Music in general: Things are happening here and there, don’t have many gigs going on, but have multi camera video stuff coming out, Youtube channel has doubled subscribers in the last week or 2 (a whole 62 subscribers now, but I’m starting to get the idea). I just keep running out of time and music is always last. I need to finish the book, finish a record, write some new music etc… practice etc… it is just a never ending thing. However, social media presence keeps growing, at some point I’m going to start seeking some endorsements and such. I need to book a lot more gigs though. 2 of the bands I play in are basically hanging on by a thread. I need to take matters into my own hands for things… tired of the democracy.

So yeah, still a bit of a mess. I still get a shit ton done most weeks, but I feel kind of lost in all of it. I can’t wrap my head around where it is best to put my energy. I constantly default back to music because it is what I love, and I make money doing it already. So it feels more worthwhile, but I know that it has a low ceiling.

Anyways…. Thanks for reading about my rant. I need to re-read these books and get my head on straight. I really think I need a mentor or something, but I have to find someone who understands what it is like to be a overly creative person who has a million ideas, tons of energy, and needs help focusing on what matters the most and will help free up some time eventually.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.