Today i got my first job as a freelancer.
After countless hours of submitting proposals, browsing the internet and learning stuff i finally did it.
Its a $5 job but it means a lot to me. There were times i lost hope and stopped submitting proposals. Got tired, but i kept on going, and i am proud of myself for it.
I was competing with top freelancers - a lot of them had over 200 reviews while i had none.
All i did was tell the client that i had his work ready and will send a sample to him. He messaged me, I asked him what he wanted and sent the sample in the next 1 hour and i was hired!
I hadn't done the work, but i told him i had and it worked. Don't do this but do something similar.
Have a similar sample ready before writing a proposal. If the client messages you ask them questions. They won't mind if you send it a bit late as long as you have done what they needed. I sent it on freelancer.com where its a mess and clients aren't specific about what they want neither do they give a lot of information. I consider myself lucky.
Just give people what they need and they will hire you. Offer Value.
After countless hours of submitting proposals, browsing the internet and learning stuff i finally did it.
Its a $5 job but it means a lot to me. There were times i lost hope and stopped submitting proposals. Got tired, but i kept on going, and i am proud of myself for it.
I was competing with top freelancers - a lot of them had over 200 reviews while i had none.
All i did was tell the client that i had his work ready and will send a sample to him. He messaged me, I asked him what he wanted and sent the sample in the next 1 hour and i was hired!
I hadn't done the work, but i told him i had and it worked. Don't do this but do something similar.
Have a similar sample ready before writing a proposal. If the client messages you ask them questions. They won't mind if you send it a bit late as long as you have done what they needed. I sent it on freelancer.com where its a mess and clients aren't specific about what they want neither do they give a lot of information. I consider myself lucky.
Just give people what they need and they will hire you. Offer Value.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
