The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got DESTROYED On Shark Tank! What Now?

Blu H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jun 24, 2018
Venice Beach
Dude no offense, but you have to toughen up your skin... especially in this entrepreneurial Game that we're in.

Needn't I remind you that ours truly, MJ, failed 10x in previous businesses, and admittedly 3x in the MLM Field!

If a video of him pitching an MLM popped up... would it change my opinion? Answer is NO, due to the value his books have added to my life!
Now be the same way.

And since you put the word circle in brackets... If you do have an "keeping up with the Joneses attitude... you might want to work on it as well!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
What´shark tank?

What I want to say : I read about „shark tank„ never before I met this forum.
So what? Don’t take it too seriously.

EntrepreneurM99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 1, 2020
Ok... I was curious...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqLkM_PZaI

If this is what you are talking about... I think you did just fine and that Dragon's Den labeled that video with a BS clickbait title and a libelous "embezzlement" hashtag.

Running a business to pay yourself is YOUR decision because it is YOUR business.

If this is indeed you... I wouldn't worry one bit.

Hey Kak, thanks for your help. I'll send you the actual 10 min clip.

It won't let me DM you though for some reason.

Could you DM me please?

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Hey, as I told you recently I just happened to watch the clip yesterday!

I must say that you are worrying in vain. Not only is not as bad as you think but actually proves that you were a successful entrepreneur, able to raise capital, build a brand and create value.

You can show you are even better now.

Congratulations!!!!

By the way, the name was perfect.

Best of luck my friend.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
I'm going to feel paranoid that people know who I am when I go out now.
This should never bother you, and here is why from a Dragon Den fan
1- The number of people come to demonstrate their ideas each eposide is too much to anyone to remember who they where.
2- the focus is on the business not the person
3- I never lost respect to any one who fail because I know these investor only want winners, the only time I hate the presenter is when they try to scam them, like the Yoga instructor who she though she will brain wash the dragons to accept her office, she looked really stupid and naive.
Continue your life and dont care about that episode

EntrepreneurM99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 1, 2020
My main concern is that I come across naive/unprofessional/incompetent in my Dragon's Den episode.

I am still considering gently asking them to politely remove the name from the video description. Maybe they'll give leeway to that if I contact them via phone or email.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Ive seen it before, put a comment in the comment section saying its you in the video and where you are today explaining things. People will probably be interested and supportive

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
My main concern is that I come across naive/unprofessional/incompetent in my Dragon's Den episode.

I am still considering gently asking them to politely remove the name from the video description. Maybe they'll give leeway to that if I contact them via phone or email.
No body cares really.

Having an embarrassing episode on a known brand business channel is much much better than having no publicity.

It is either harmless or a huge plus. I think you are overthinking this.

People get shoot down like morons in shark tank ALL THE TIME.

I would put my money in the worst shark tank candidate than a first time entrepreneur or someone I do not know a lot. The business were vetted before and are of certain quality. You cannot just start a business for two Years and expect to get into the tank. To be there itself is an achievement.

SkyLake

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Nov 29, 2016
I was once publicly shamed by a client in front of other customers of mine, in my office. I made a mistake and the client lost his mind, came to the office while I was in meetings and he humiliated me in front of everyone. Yes, I was ashamed for a couple of hours but I moved on because frankly, nobody cared except me.

We're the protagonists of our own life so everything that happens, even the smallest of things, we blow way out of proportions thinking we are being watched by everyone. But thing is, everyone else thinks the same thing. Everyone is so lost in his own mind nobody actually thinks about you after the fact.

Use the video to drive sales to your current venture. Make a blog post, website and social media posts and turn it to a pitch.

Your worst defeats can be turned into your greatest success.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
It's tough.

I'm going to feel paranoid that people know who I am when I go out now.

Then again, people will probably forget.

Even if someone does know me from it, I don't mind.

They edited the heck out of it + turned 3 hours into a short clip.

Really appreciate all of your help.

Don't sweat it. People have short memories and celeb, even if it you think you sucked, still impresses people.

Head up, stay strong. Fake a smile, move on.

It can't be anywhere near as bad as Gerald Ratner and he is still going strong as a keynote speaker. You'll get over it. It will hit your ego much worse than your pocket. And anything that humbles us has a habit of building our character and strengthening our resolve.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
You should learn a new high-income skill: Not giving a shit.

Wasn't failing a mandatory part of the fastlane journey?

pumpking