The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google For Jobs Business Model

HerrUnternehmer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 3, 2019
Germany
Hello

I have seen some company websites that offer Google For Jobs as a service.

The companies charge a monthly fee of e.g. 29€, some even more. I want to understand what exactly the service is and how it works in the backend.

My research so far has shown that you can get a Google For Jobs listing if you have structured data with a job description.

So I don't understand why companies then charge a monthly fee for a service that is only provided once. Adding structured data is quickly done (10-20 min max.) and can be easily outsourced.

The companies apparently don't need access data to the website, which means that the structured data is posted somewhere else. As I assume, the structured data is posted somewhere on one of the company's own websites and then crawled by a Google Bot.

Basically, this is nothing more than a subscription model to a one-time service that only works because the customers have no idea about the service and are used to paying a monthly fee for a job ad.

Do any of you have any further ideas how this could work?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sharona87

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 23, 2020
Australia
Hello

I have seen some company websites that offer Google For Jobs as a service.

The companies charge a monthly fee of e.g. 29€, some even more. I want to understand what exactly the service is and how it works in the backend.

My research so far has shown that you can get a Google For Jobs listing if you have structured data with a job description.

So I don't understand why companies then charge a monthly fee for a service that is only provided once. Adding structured data is quickly done (10-20 min max.) and can be easily outsourced.

The companies apparently don't need access data to the website, which means that the structured data is posted somewhere else. As I assume, the structured data is posted somewhere on one of the company's own websites and then crawled by a Google Bot.

Basically, this is nothing more than a subscription model to a one-time service that only works because the customers have no idea about the service and are used to paying a monthly fee for a job ad.

Do any of you have any further ideas how this could work?
I'm following this! I'm wondering if you could share of you made any progress with figuring this out?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.