The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Good place to sell domain names

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 7, 2007
I have about 20 domains registered in my name and have listed them with Sedo in order to find buyers. However, lately, I'm disappointed about the results (lack of interest). Of course the lack of interest can be due to the quality of my domains, but nevertheless I'm looking for a good alternative place to offer my domain names for sale.
I would appreciate your advice (based on your experience) for a good alternative for Sedo.com.
Thanks.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

carlhuber

New Contributor
Jan 31, 2008
NY
Here's a business thought...why don't you startup a new place for people to sell through? The one time I had to buy a domain from someone it was through Sedo and I hated it. I bet there's a lot of revolution possible in that industry.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Check out moniker, godaddy tdnam and namedrive has an area to sell domains also

OP
OP
HenkHolland

HenkHolland

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Carl, thanks for the interesting idea of starting my own business for selling domains. However, for me that is not a good option at the moment. I am in the middle of the start-up of a new fastlane business in the medical/health industry. Collecting a few domain names is not more than a gamble for me. So far, I have made enough money each year by selling a few names to pay for the registration fee for the others and to even make a small profit without putting any effort in.
That's basically what I would like to continue to do, but with the slowdown in offers that I receive through Sedo, I may not even reach the break-even point this year.

Jorge, thanks for your suggestions. Being interested in domain names I knew all the services mentioned by you, but I hope to get some first hand information about actual experience with those services.

michael515

Contributor
Aug 27, 2007
namepros.com
sitepoint.com/marketplace

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I've tried sedo and namedrive. Namedrive worked way better for me, because I tweaked all the template and got a 40% conversion. Later I sold the name on namedrive for a nice 1000% profit :) I had it listed on sedo for about 2 months without any bid.

OP
OP
HenkHolland

HenkHolland

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Jorge, thanks. I had a close look at Namedrive's templates and I like them much better than Sedo's. Your conversion percentage is very impressive.
Therefore, I've decided to start transferring my domain names to NameDrive and will tweak the keywords in order to maximize conversion as you've done.

OP
OP
HenkHolland

HenkHolland

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Jorge, I have one more question.
Is it possible for you to say (assuming right keywords etc. being in place) whether in general the "1 click" templates of namedrive have a higher conversion than their portal type templates? Or is it the other way around?

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
It depends on the kind of website you are parking. I tried both and at least in my case the 2 clicks worked better.
Namedrive show you stats on search tearms people where using when visited your site, pay attention to that.
One more thing. Don't migrate all domains at once. I think you'll be better off first trying the service with a few.

Good luck!

OP
OP
HenkHolland

HenkHolland

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Jorge, thanks for the additional advice. Rep ++
I took it to heart and did not move all domain names at once.
Did you take any action to drive traffic to your NameDrive parked domain pages. If so, are you willing to share some of the things you did?

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I didn't had to because mostly it was type in traffic. That means people just type the address directly in the browser bar...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi, just wanted to make sure I get it - with Fox Sales Legends there is coaching, weekly calls...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Amazing book! Actually I bought it, before I joined the forum and it motivated me to join...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock