The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

gold digger prank (can anyone with lambo confirm? lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Thread synopsis: a gold digger marries another gold digger and advocates gold digging on a forum full of entrepreneurs that each strive to build their own gold mines from the ground up. Hilarity ensues.

Thanks for providing invaluable information on what to teach my future children to guard themselves from. :smx9:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Well ... for all the bitching and moaning and WTF-ing ... I have yet to see a logical counter-argument presented.

Someone want to make the argument marrying magnitude ("gold-digging") isn't Fastlane ... that Melania Trump (for example) made a mistake in marrying a billionaire ... that she should have married for "love" (alone) and opened an e-commerce store instead ...?

Anyone ...?

Or perhaps someone would like to explain to me how "gold digging" and launching a Fastlane business is an "either/or" choice ... that you have to choose one or the other ...?

Dig for gold OR make your gold ... but you can't do both.

Anyone ...?

If so ... I'm all eyes and ears ...

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well ... for all the bitching and moaning and WTF-ing ... I have yet to see a logical counter-argument presented.

Well it all depends on what you define fastlane as. If we define fastlane as the way MJ defines it in his book, then marrying into money is NOT fastlane. You are confusing fastlane with wealthy. I don't think in any chapter MJ mentions marrying into the fastlane.

I understand why you defend it because you are living it. Just like people who make money flipping houses or in ecommerce, they will always defend or advocate the way they did it. But fastlane in the case of this forum is creating a business that makes money. So therefore, you are absolutely wrong in stating that this is fastlane.

What you are stating is a way to get rich or make money. Just like there are MLMs, pyramid schemes, etc... this is another way to make money that people on this forum do not agree with.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
What if she leaves you?

stefan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 29, 2013
Dallas, TX
This video is kinda cheesy. If he approached her like a cool and confident guy then the video might make sense. But it does show the power of driving a lambo...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I guess what I'm missing here is, why can't my future daughter just go fastlane and marry whomever she wants while racking up $100,000/mo in passive income?

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
this shit should not be on this forum. I suppose this forum is not for jerk teenagers who are not yet developed to be a real man. I mean it just lowers the level of discussions and does not bring any real value on the table.

G

Guest3722A

To me this thread is valuable. Outside of entertainment and shock, I like how it shows mentality and reaction and (I believe) a developed ability to think outside of the box. One that I'm not sure is recognized by many.

Overall waste of time but just sayin.... lol

D

DeletedUser394

Playing devil's advocate I'd say it would be equally immoral to try and impose one's morals on someone else.

Everyone is born with advantages and disadvantages. Some people choose to leverage those advantages in different ways.

Thankfully we (well, most of us) live in free democratic countries where we are able to pursue our goals however we deem appropriate. In the case of marrying wealth, as long as both parties consent I don't see the problem as it doesn't affect me. Moral/Immoral, it's not for me to judge.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Well it all depends on what you define fastlane as. If we define fastlane as the way MJ defines it in his book, then marrying into money is NOT fastlane. You are confusing fastlane with wealthy. I don't think in any chapter MJ mentions marrying into the fastlane.

I understand why you defend it because you are living it. Just like people who make money flipping houses or in ecommerce, they will always defend or advocate the way they did it. But fastlane in the case of this forum is creating a business that makes money. So therefore, you are absolutely wrong in stating that this is fastlane.

What you are stating is a way to get rich or make money. Just like there are MLMs, pyramid schemes, etc... this is another way to make money that people on this forum do not agree with.

Well ... I think we all know (myself included) what M.J. was "referring to" in TMF ... if you are talking (strictly) about "building a business" then "marrying wealth" would not meet that (narrow) definition ... but ... if you define "Fastlane" in the broader sense ... (i.e. "fast road to wealth") ... then marrying wealth certainly fits the bill.

Same ends -- different means.

MJ himself, for example, acknowledged that the slow lane can be "fastlane" if mixed with magnitude (professional athletes; celebrities; etc.).

Now MJ did not expressly mention "marital magnitude" as a Fastlane strategy ... but my guess is that he would agree with the premise. Marital magnitude CAN be a fast road to wealth.

Telling a girl to marry for "love" alone ... is the functional equivalent of telling an aspiring business person to "do what you love" ... both sound nice ... but the advice is deficient.

Mocking "gold diggers" (as the OP did) ... comes across (to me) ... as unenlightened -- and foolish.

There is nothing wrong with being a "sexual entrepreneur" ... and there is a lot to be said in favor of it ... worked for Melania ... and many other women just like her. Works for men too (e.g. Stedman & Oprah)

Who am I to cast stones? Leverage what ya got.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Suppose the OP's video went a little something like this ...

(Guy surfing Dating Site) (Instant Messager Opens)

(Picture)

Ugly.jpg

Her: "Hey ... I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date?"

Him: "Uh ... No Thanks. Go away."

Video Chat opens:

(New Picture)

Sexy Woman.jpg

Her: "Oops! Uploaded my sister's pic at first by accident! Are you SURE you don't want to go out on a date with me?"

Him: "Hell Yeah I want to date!"

Her: "Ha! I don't think so ... HOT SEX DIGGER!"

Same critique ...? Really ...?

Oh, I get it ... it's "okay" for "him" to go out on a date based on her "looks" ... but it is "not okay" it "she" goes out on a date based on his "money" ...?

Really ...?

Thought it was just supposed to be based on "personality" ...?

Hypocritical.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
If you are dependent on another person for his/her wealth, this is not Fastlane, this is hitchhiking.

Well ... if that's your definition of hitchhiking ... then absent existing wealth ... we are all hitchhiking ... whether are dependent on the indulgences of one person (a wealthy spouse) ... or many people (customers).

Few people acquire wealth all by themselves (i.e. mining for gold -- in the most literal sense).

The problem with the hitchhiking analogy is this ... The hitchhiker gets a short ride in the car ... the wife (on the other hand) gets to keep the car.

When the hitchhikers ride is over ... the passenger gets out with nothing.

When the wife gets out ... she gets the car (and the house, and a big fat alimony check, and a whole lot more).

Apples and oranges.

Again ... you talk about marrying wealth and creating wealth as if the two were mutually exclusive. Just because you married money doesn't mean you can't go out and make your own.

If anything, the odds of making your own are significantly higher with a wealthy spouse to back you.

I'm all in favor of creating your own opportunity ... but I'm not going to be reckless in my relationships.

If you think marriage is all about "love" ... wait until you land in divorce court.

Then you will find out the hard way what I'm getting at ...

There is NO faster way to go from top-of-the-world Fastlane ... to "Bawling in the Slowlane" ... than an hostile family court judge ...

Nothing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
This thread just made me puke :puke: ... another promising thread gone down the drain smh

And just because she marries "rich" does not mean she is necessarily "taking one for the team" ... she is just narrowing the pool of eligible applicants. I doubt Tom Brady's wife is bitching and moaning about having sex with a professional athlete. But you bet your a$$ money (still) played a role in the decision making process.

I did find this funny though. Tom Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, the world's top paid model for almost a decade married Tom Brady for his money... LMAO!!!! ... :rofl:

p.s.
Brady's net worth ~ 100 mil
Gisele net worth ~ almost $300 mil

Reactions: Kak

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Her: "Oops! Uploaded my sister's pic at first by accident! Are you SURE you don't want to go out on a date with me?"

Him: "Hell Yeah I want to date!"

Her: "Ha! I don't think so ... HOT SEX DIGGER!"

Same critique ...? Really ...?

Speaking for the gals on the forum, I agree with this particular sentiment 100%. There seems to be a double-standard here. The girl meets a semi-pushy, potentially unemployed bum on the beach. She thinks, "What the heck is he doing hanging around the beach during the day? He's probably a bum, looking to flop somewhere. No way I'm going out with him..." Then, she sees his car, and thinks, "Oh wow, maybe he's not a bum. He might be smart, successful, maybe a fastlane entrepreneur. I might've judged him too soon..." So she rethinks his offer. What's wrong with that? I think the guy who dubbed her a gold-digger was being a dick. There, I said it.

He set her up. IMO, this is no different than if she'd gone to the beach in a fat suit, then called him a pig if he hit on her only after she'd taken the fat suit off. "You shallow bastard! I don't go out with superficial jerks." Puh-lease.

And yes, I do understand that an expensive car doesn't necessarily mean that someone is successful, but in our society, it is often seen as evidence of success. Why is it bad that this changed her mind?

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
p.s.
Brady's net worth ~ 100 mil
Gisele net worth ~ almost $300 mil

Hmmm ... woman worth $300 million ... hooks up with guy worth $100 million ... instead of her high school sweetheart ... coincidence?

Nope.

Even with $300 million in the bank ... money still plays a role.

Look ... when I sit out on my deck ... living the good life ... do you think I say to myself ... "I didn't pay for this house ... the local newspaper conglomerate did ...?"

Nope.

I just think ... "What a beautiful day ... and what a beautiful place to be. We are the product of our past choices. Nice choice."

Then I sip my mojito.

Call me every name in the book.

Makes no difference to me ...

Life is good. :)

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Speaking for the gals on the forum, I agree with this particular sentiment 100%. There seems to be a double-standard here. The girl meets a semi-pushy, potentially unemployed bum on the beach. She thinks, "What the heck is he doing hanging around the beach during the day? He's probably a bum, looking to flop somewhere. No way I'm going out with him..." Then, she sees his car, and thinks, "Oh wow, maybe he's not a bum. He might be smart, successful, maybe a fastlane entrepreneur. I might've judged him too soon..." So she rethinks his offer. What's wrong with that? I think the guy who dubbed her a gold-digger was being a dick. There, I said it.

He set her up. IMO, this is no different than if she'd gone to the beach in a fat suit, then called him a pig if he hit on her only after she'd taken the fat suit off. "You shallow bastard! I don't go out with superficial jerks." Puh-lease.

And yes, I do understand that an expensive car doesn't necessarily mean that someone is successful, but in our society, it is often seen as evidence of success. Why is it bad that this changed her mind?

Well put. The video tittle should be. "If you like this video, you're probably mad at women." It is kind of interesting how there is such a huge response to the video..and scary, if indeed that many guys are thinking the same thing.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
The video tittle should be. "If you like this video, you're probably mad at women."

I agree. Similarly, if a woman made a fool out of a guy by wearing a fat-suit, I'd suspect she's a man-hater.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Men are instinctually attracted to women for reproduction purposes (big breasts, nice hips, healthy, etc)

Women are instinctually attracted to men who are dominant, and can provide for them and help them survive. In today's society money shows dominance.

This video makes a lot of sense if we're to look at the basics.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Women are instinctually attracted to men who are dominant, and can provide for them and help them survive. In today's society money shows dominance.

So congrats to Esquire for finding a dominant provider that helps her survive. Good for her. I'm out of this thread, this is so stupid beyond belief.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

This makes sense. I like this analysis. They guy came across like a creep and the car makes him less creepy.

Of course, she could have just simply wanted to date him for money as well.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 07.42.45.png

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Woah guys. I think we are all loosing a little perspective here.

This is a business forum where we share and learn from each other. This is not the place to dig up personal info on each other and sling mud. Please, everyone, take a step back from the keyboard and breathe.

Thread temporarily closed until mod conference.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This thread was a train wreck. Keep your personal grievances, your sexual activities, and your antagonistic personal destruction research elsewhere. I am sad that some of my favorite posters were involved in this hot mess, as now I know way more about some of you than I wanted to. It is shit like this that drives people from here.

MJ didn't create this place for it to be an agitational debate forum. There's not going to be off forum research posted here, nor do we really want the level of private information shared here that was either offered by posters or researched by others. There's enough of that shit out on the internet for what ever your fetishes and biases are. If you don't like the fact that this forum is above the rest in terms of our discussions, focus or expectations, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

The OP did not intend for this thread to take the turn that it took. It will remain closed, and you guys might want to sit back for a bit, relax, and re-engage. This is not the type of discussion (on several levels) that we want to have at TheFastLaneForum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads