The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going "All-In" on ONE cryptocurrency... which?

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Which crypto coin is your ALL-IN investment?

• Bitcoin

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Ethereum

Votes: 61 43.6%
  • Monero

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Cardano

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Vechain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solana

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Lukso

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Litecoin

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chainlink

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Just an economics geek.

What’s interesting is that in economics the inputs to production are land, labor, capital and entrepreneurship. If you check most college textbooks these days, they’ve removed entrepreneur. I guess fiscal and monetary policy is what they want. Which I think is BS anyways.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
Monero will probably be the most valuable cryptocurrency in 5 years. Crypto bubble will pop in that timeframe. I believe it will 3x or 4x by then

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Recommend looking up THORchain. Actually decentralized swapping native L1 assets (e.g. BTC <> ETH).

Will disrupt centralized exchanges because not your keys, not your coins (and now you can keep them and still trade).

Also will be resistant to the inevitable regulation/kyc attack against crypto because of its governance system.

It’s however still in development and high risk. I suggest reading the piece Erik Voorhees wrote about it.

DonJulio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 18, 2020
Hypothetical poll...

Your life depends on your decision.

Pick ONE crypto currency that will survive and then thrive. Time frame, within 5 years. Die = goes way of eToys.

Pick correctly you live.

Pick incorrectly you die.

Which do you pick?

And why?
No crypto yield farming or staking tokens? I would go all in on a yield farm.

mr4ffe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Nov 3, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
Other than Monero, I'm heavily invested in Radix (formerly eMunie), because it is the only piece of technology to solve the quadrilemma. The founder Dan Hughes (who's an insanely skilled programmer) managed to reach a rate of 1.4 million transactions per second on a testnet. Furthermore, their programming language Scrypto (based on Rust) is gaining traction among crypto coders.

The best thing is that Radix is fairly new, with the mainnet only having gone live August this year, so the currency itself ($XRD) is extremely undervalued (especially during this bear run). I encourage everyone to DYOR and read the docs on their website as well as checking out their YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Dariok

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 17, 2016
At the moment probably I'd go for MATIC
Looks like to be the equivalent of selling shovels in crypto

valuepoint1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Sep 4, 2019
Lots of good projects in this thread. Chainlink is the safest bet for now, it's value in nearly on par with Bitcoin/Ethereum but still hasn't blown up at least price-wise.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Lots of good projects in this thread. Chainlink is the safest bet for now, it's value in nearly on par with Bitcoin/Ethereum but still hasn't blown up at least price-wise.
From December 2018 to the 21 ath it rose x200. I d call that blow up.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
Recommend looking up THORchain. Actually decentralized swapping native L1 assets (e.g. BTC <> ETH).

Will disrupt centralized exchanges because not your keys, not your coins (and now you can keep them and still trade).

Also will be resistant to the inevitable regulation/kyc attack against crypto because of its governance system.

It’s however still in development and high risk. I suggest reading the piece Erik Voorhees wrote about it.
Since this post a few things happened:
- Canadian truckers assets seized
- Russian assets seized

The use case for self-custody holding and trading your assets has become stronger and stronger, with asset freezing being normalized.

Some other things happened as well: (with centralized bridges for swapping assets, which are not a middlechain like thorchain and lack a secure economic design)
- wormhole hacked for $325m
- ronin hacked for $600m

I don't think anyone listened but THORchain has since increased it's:
- LIQUIDITY from $93m -> $514m (+552%)
- BOND (incl. standy) from $201m -> $827m (+441%)
which makes TVL a current $1.32b
- daily swap VOLUME from $12m ->$162m (+1350%) -> generating fees for bonders and liquidity providers

and consequently:
- PRICE increased from $6 -> $12 (+100%)

I recommend fastlaners again to take a look at this decentralized exchange infrastructure which has a huge TAM (total adressable market). I want to reiterate as well that it is high risk, since it is still crypto, and exploits can always happen.

EDIT: forgot to mention they recently added UST, the biggest decentralized stablecoin

Last edited:

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Ethereum will be the defacto settlement layer (L1) further augmented by specialized blockchains (L2s).

Any blockchain that is also trying to be an L1 will fail.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
I don't like it, but Ethereum. The major problem is transaction costs, but if that gets sorted, they will host the largest network of blockchain projects, with no downside.

My largest crypto investment is EXRNchain, and I would not feel too bad about going all in on it. Maybe not in a life or death situation, but the potential upside, and consistency from the team since 2017 has left me very confident with their vision.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
I don't like it, but Ethereum. The major problem is transaction costs, but if that gets sorted, they will host the largest network of blockchain projects, with no downside.

My largest crypto investment is EXRNchain, and I would not feel too bad about going all in on it. Maybe not in a life or death situation, but the potential upside, and consistency from the team since 2017 has left me very confident with their vision.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
When the market proceeds to the boneless phase, then real coins can be bought and invest in a long-term perspective.
Ahhh yeah the boneless phase. I cannot wait.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Coinbase shares probably a good buy now. 90 percent decline from top, sitting on 5 billion cash with 3.4 billion long term is not going to have serious cashflow anytime soon imo, as they are still doing the layoff and diversifying revenue into subscription service.

If Binance fud is over. It will be really good for COIN price in the short term.

If Binance fud is real. It will be really good for COIN price in the long term.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Over the last five years, Bitcoin is up 19%.

I'm not great at compounding yields, but that's what, 3% gain a year, over 5 years.
That loses out to core inflation.

I'm sure if you got in at zero 15 years ago, you're still happy. But down 60%+ in a year...
That's not an investment, that's speculation.

--
I still love the idea of crypto, and decentralized money the government can't print.
But, anyone investing in this is going backwords.

Hopefully the Crypto use case will come.
Once I can pay for normal things with a non-confusing currency, it will flourish.
Until then, with cold storage, wallets, whatever... I just can't imagine large scale adoption aside from speculation and the great fool theory.

IMG_8883 2.PNG

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Hypothetical poll...

Your life depends on your decision.

Pick ONE crypto currency that will survive and then thrive. Time frame, within 5 years. Die = goes way of eToys.

Pick correctly you live.

Pick incorrectly you die.

Which do you pick?

And why?
Here is the quote: "IBMs 1,121 qubits quantum computer targeted for 2023 release will be able to break 99% of today's blockchain platforms and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Cardano, Ripple, Polkadot, etc."

Here is the source: Quantum-resistant Security - QANplatform

NIST recommends CRYSTALS algorithm for post quantum era. This algorithm already was broken

Quantum Encryption Replacement Algorithm Hacked by AI https://www.publish0x.com/cybersecu...on-replacement-algorithm-hacked-by-ai-xkpwkmk Crystal

‘Post-Quantum’ Cryptography Scheme Is Cracked on a Laptop ‘Post-Quantum’ Cryptography Scheme Is Cracked on a Laptop | Quanta Magazine

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
how about blockchain technology? Is it safe?
After publication of Shor's algorithm Shor's algorithm - Wikipedia

there were many publications showing how quantum computers (about 600 quibits) can break modern encryption algorithms.

Recently, some researchers claimed that it can be done with 372 quibits quantum computers China's new quantum code-breaking algorithm raises concerns in the US

Every year, many companies, including passwords managers, are hacked, passwords are decrypted and dumped on internet

This rises a question: How they are able to break encryption?

The second interesting question is: why Elon Musk and other insiders sold their cryptos?

These facts lead any reasonable person to the conclusion that blockchain technologies (which are based on encryption algorithms) can not be considered as safe, today.

Last edited:

rizbit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 13, 2024
Crypto is becoming more mainstream, businesses accepting crypto, but people coming onboard re going to look for reassurance and they will look for established crypto that have stood test of time and have solid foundations compared to other projects like SOL and other pump and dump coins like Doge or Shib.

So id choose BTC....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I bumped this because it's a nice time machine into the past, and we still don't really know which "one" it could be, if at all.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
The risk reward for getting involved into smaller caps is no longer worth it.

BTC, ETH and maybe followed by a few other leading coins will dominate almost all transaction volumes and market cap percentage.

If you want higher volatility just get into leveraged products of the major tokens and it will outperform most altcoins.

As an industry matures winners start to consolidate at the top. Investing becomes easier by just picking the top guys, but much less profitable, and any move tries to outsmart this trend is possible but difficult.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019