The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GO TO COLLEGE... A little Rant.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
This is the dumbest shit I have ever stumbled across. Basically all you say is: "Do not dare to believe in yourself, but look how great I am" The part about how we are going to fail anyways sounds like it comes straight from the slow lane. I m 18 and about to build my first business, if I would listen to this shit and let myself get influenced by stuff like this I could never make it. i won t succeed if I put 50% into it I have to stand fully behind my ideas. i wouldn t do stuff others won t even try if I wouldn t be different so yeah school may be good and stuff but shut up with your "you won t make it anyway" mentality
I don't think he said you will ultimately fail. He said business is hard and beginners usually get shocked by how hard it is. As a result many give up altogether. It is up to each one of us to make sure we don't fall off. And we don't need to make hell about that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
I don't think he said you will ultimately fail. He said business is hard and beginners usually get shocked by how hard it is. As a result many give up altogether. It is up to each one of us to make sure we don't fall off. And we don't need to make hell about that.
Yes fr but why would you let that thoughts get to you? if you always work with those thoughts in the back of your head you won t be fully commited

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Yes fr but why would you let that thoughts get to you? if you always work with those thoughts in the back of your head you won t be fully commited
Not necessarily that way. It is to have a fair idea of where I am going. I can carry whatever I anticipate will help me, even if it is only my grit. And use it whenever those challenges appear. I know it is not honeymoon. Not a bed of roses. I get out ready for a fight. I get surprises but never shocks that shake me out because I am out for the fight. That's the general message in MJ's books and all useful entrepreneurship books.

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
You on the other hand took a shot, it failed, and all the memories you got out of 18-22 is your business failing, your parents yelling at you, you losing friends. etc.
This is my situation, after dropping out of college, being homeless, obtaining schizophrenia, and getting beat up on the streets, with no remorse from my friends. Yet in my one year of college, I had an astounding amount of fun. Yet here I am just going for gold out here on my own with a web design business. Sometimes people never learn.

I'm sure I'll go back to college if this fails. But at some point your brain switches, and "having fun" goes from F*cking around to seeing yourself become a master at your crafts.

Stan_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Apr 25, 2022
Do you really think all those losers who do nothing but party and bang chicks are going to be sad in 10 years.

They might be, but they are going to have some great memories..
Some "great memories"? Give me a break.
Reminds me a little of the "Ministry of Entertainment" chapter in Unscripted .

I never understood this "go to parties, have fun" selling point of college, especially the "building memories" (clearly as in banging chicks and getting drunk) part.
If after 10 years of living my "best" memories are the ones where I'd get drunk at a party or some sort of banging of chicks that would make me REALLY depressed to think about.
As if I literally wasted my other part of life.

Firstly why exactly can't you get similar experience from just joining normal groups of people and just making friends normally if that is such a big problem.
Secondly (and this is straight up true) most college "friends" are not friends. They will disappear when you graduate and will forget about you. You are friends to a drug, not of each other. Most interactions are not deep so what's there to be so nostalgic about.
But more importantly I want to do something with my life. I want to have an impact on the world. I want to live to my full potential. I'm not saying partying or hanging with friends is bad.

Get real friends
Have experiences that are deep with them
And also achieve things in life
Those for me are great memories

(yes, I did go to college)

Last edited:

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
This is my situation, after dropping out of college, being homeless, obtaining schizophrenia, and getting beat up on the streets, with no remorse from my friends. Yet in my one year of college, I had an astounding amount of fun. Yet here I am just going for gold out here on my own with a web design business. Sometimes people never learn.

I'm sure I'll go back to college if this fails. But at some point your brain switches, and "having fun" goes from F*cking around to seeing yourself become a master at your crafts.
How tf did you take all that shit and still got beat up in the streets. That shit caught me off guard

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.