D
DeletedUser394
Guest
Thoughts on this? Just wondering if other people do it?
I walked past this homeless guy.. and like everyone else I ignored him... I got about a block further down the street and felt really bad. I stopped, took $10 out of my wallet, walked back, said hello, handed him the bill (instead of dropping some coins in his hat), wished him a good day, and went back down the street.
His expression (mixture of shock and happiness), made me feel great. He was undoubtedly happy to be acknowledged, and happier still to get more than a few coins.
He also looked up at me and said 'God bless you.' I ain't religious, but even that made me feel good.
The whole situation was a positive for me. In a way he made my day as well. Now, I know there's a good chance he probably will just buy booze/cigarettes or maybe actually some food. So in no way, does this simple action (giving some money to a stranger) change the world over the long term, and you can quote the 'give a man a fish feed him for a day' spiel all you want, and I know this isn't going to solve his many problems, but it made both of our day a littler brighter.
I can remember a few times where I've done the same in the past, and it's always made me feel good.. not just giving some money, but acknowledging that these people are people and not inanimate objects, and that they are even there in the first place.
Wondering if anyone else has any cool stories along the same lines, and/or if they give any money in these situations... if you don't and have nothing pleasant to contribute, please don't be a hater and just ignore this thread. Gracias
I walked past this homeless guy.. and like everyone else I ignored him... I got about a block further down the street and felt really bad. I stopped, took $10 out of my wallet, walked back, said hello, handed him the bill (instead of dropping some coins in his hat), wished him a good day, and went back down the street.
His expression (mixture of shock and happiness), made me feel great. He was undoubtedly happy to be acknowledged, and happier still to get more than a few coins.
He also looked up at me and said 'God bless you.' I ain't religious, but even that made me feel good.
The whole situation was a positive for me. In a way he made my day as well. Now, I know there's a good chance he probably will just buy booze/cigarettes or maybe actually some food. So in no way, does this simple action (giving some money to a stranger) change the world over the long term, and you can quote the 'give a man a fish feed him for a day' spiel all you want, and I know this isn't going to solve his many problems, but it made both of our day a littler brighter.
I can remember a few times where I've done the same in the past, and it's always made me feel good.. not just giving some money, but acknowledging that these people are people and not inanimate objects, and that they are even there in the first place.
Wondering if anyone else has any cool stories along the same lines, and/or if they give any money in these situations... if you don't and have nothing pleasant to contribute, please don't be a hater and just ignore this thread. Gracias

Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
