The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting ungated for Amazon?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I’m at whits end. I’m ready to drive to the fulfillment center in Tampa and yell at someone.

For those of you who have gotten ungated for a category on amazon, what am I doing wrong?

I’m trying to get authorized for the Grocery/Gourmet Food category. I created my amazon seller account yesterday. I submitted two invoices from my Copacker.

Here’s the replies I’ve gotten.

We have gone through your email and would like to tell you that the documents you have provided are not acceptable for category approval. So please provide us the documents from the following,

**We are accepting invoices, or sales invoices **.

We are not accepting retail receipts, packing slips, sales orders, commercial invoices , or pro-forma invoices (Pro-forma invoices are invoices sent in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. Lack of pricing or shipping information indicates a pro-forma invoice).

Please submit the required documentation from the following options:-

Option #1:- One or more legible, scanned or clearly photographed vendor invoices for the products you intend to sell in the category. Please ensure the documentation submitted meets our requirements as outlined here:
• Invoices must be dated within the last 180 days, or showing item delivery or purchase within the last 180 days
• Invoices must have your name or business name
• Invoices must have contact information for your business (e.g. physical address, phone number, email or website)
• Invoices must have the names of the products you purchased
• Invoices must have document issuer's name, physical address or phone number
• Please obscure pricing information (optional)

My invoice has every single requirement. I’ve researched on seller central forums and tried printing it out, scanning it in slightly crooked. Nothing.

I can’t add my product because I get an error message, assuming it’s because I’m not approved. This is MY product, 100% original and not sold anywhere.

Any suggestions on how to get approved?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisR

Diamond Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 11, 2017
Republic of Kekistan
Don't know if you have been able to resolve this issue or not.

Amazon is notorious for stuff like this.

Email Jeff Bezos regarding the problem. He won't get back to you but a "special team member" will and they'll get to the bottom of the situation.

Here is his email.

Jeff@amazon.com

Hope this helps,

-Chris

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Don't know if you have been able to resolve this issue or not.

Amazon is notorious for stuff like this.

Email Jeff Bezos regarding the problem. He won't get back to you but a "special team member" will and they'll get to the bottom of the situation.

Here is his email.

Jeff@amazon.com

Hope this helps,

-Chris

Haha thanks. I was able to get this resolved a while back. I just kept sending them the same invoice over and over and finally someone approved it.

ChrisR

Diamond Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 11, 2017
Republic of Kekistan
Haha thanks. I was able to get this resolved a while back. I just kept sending them the same invoice over and over and finally someone approved it.

I'm glad you were able to get your issue resolved. The people they hire to help the sellers out are a bunch of clowns that don't care at all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm glad you were able to get your issue resolved. The people they hire to help the sellers out are a bunch of clowns that don't care at all.

It’s all Indian call centers. Amazon has amazing customer support but shit seller support.

I’m on day 3 of my ticket for lost inventory.

ChrisR

Diamond Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 11, 2017
Republic of Kekistan
It’s all Indian call centers. Amazon has amazing customer support but sh*t seller support.

I’m on day 3 of my ticket for lost inventory.

Haha, I've been there. It also took me a multiple days to get that resolved and even then they didn't reimburse me for the whole amount.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.