The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting some Money from MLM but Still Struggling!

waymore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2018
EUROPE
Hi guys, just asking advice to fellow entrepreneurs.

I know MLM isn't quite good for fastlane but I'm using this to support my ventures (plus working 9-5 job) and all the money will go to invest in my projects.

I have some people in my network, making some money , it's a long hustle all day but it's always money.
The company is really good but the main problem is I'm still struggling.

I make most of money from my network, because I really don't like selling items for the house (even if they are high quality though), it seems to me it's more about women that know better how to sell that stuff.

I'm a man but I like more creating a good network and quality relationship so people can do the selling part for me (especially women).

What would you advice? Keep doing this as a side hustle and increasing network (so I don't focus on the selling part but on the recruiting part) or just go all in with my businesses (while leaving also my job)?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
it's a long hustle all day
I'm still struggling.

THIS, this is exactly we and nearly everyone with an actual soul hates MLM's. You're working your a$$ of selling someone else's product, you've probably been told this is for "entrepreneurial" people, yet someone else is reaping all the benefits.

I'm a man but I like more creating a good network and quality relationship so people can do the selling part for me (especially women).

Get the picture? You're gonna trick people into working their a$$ off for you the same way you got tricked and are now working your a$$ off for someone else. So good luck networking because every sensible person who knows what you're trying to do will avoid you like a leper, and the gullible ones will fall for your creepy agenda.

My advice? Take whatever credibility you still have and leave MLM's behind forever. Spend some time time on this forum and learn about providing REAL VALUE.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you are good enough to make money at MLM, and need a day job anyway - go get a real sales job.

You'll get paid fantastically for results, unlike MLM or a normal paying 9-5.

Or just freelance doing literally anything else.

MLM is garbage. That's not just a jaded opinion - it's math.

Go ahead and calculate how many hours you spend grinding at it, how much cash you spend on it, and how much you put into your pocket. What's your hourly rate? I bet it's garbage.

shelton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
If you do sell anything how much is the price of what you sell and how many if it do you sell a day.
I think you need to calculate how much you make a week or month minus the how much you spend in total during a week or month. I know it's not easy finding a stable job but we all have to get out of the holes we are in whether or not we dug them our selves or not.

SvvyDO

Shooting til it hits
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 5, 2015
San Jose, CA
I've dipped my feet in MLM's during my naive, younger years for a good 2-3 years of my life. The only thing I wish I would of done was get out of it sooner and work towards creating a real business like I'm doing now.

I have an aunt that still grinds in the same MLM company I left, and while she's certainly moved up to a pretty high level, she still also struggles... The truth is... The only one that makes the real money is the guy that created the MLM company. He doesn't struggle. Everyone else does.

You might get a large influx of sales.. but that's often short lived because MLM's are so dependent on other people, rather than you. IE. Your recruits make your money & You trade a massive amount of your limited, invaluable time in pointless meetings, while also focusing on recruiting with the hope that your recruits will make you more money. (a terribly inefficient trade of time IMO)

There is one benefit to MLM though... And that's learning sales. But other than that, you're only going to be learning the same repetitive shit for years that's not going to carry over to real business. (If your MLM fails, what are you going to do...? Hop into another MLM and grind out hours on end again because that's all you know?)

In my humble opinion, it's extremely important to learn every aspect of what makes a real business, like: marketing, copywriting, web development, product development, aspects of design, and etc. etc... Because once you know those, you'll be able to dip your feet into any kind of business you want in the future. (And to do that, you need to work towards creating a real business... Books will only take you so far.)

...And to be honest, if your first venture fails (which if you're smart, you should have tested the market before hand, so this shouldn't REALLY be an issue), you'll be able to create the next business extremely quickly at half the time it took you to create the first one because of the skill sets you've already acquired.

Coming from an MLM myself during the early years, the way I did it was get into the restaurant industry (because short hours and high pay), and continually work towards looking for ideas, studying the markets & competitors, and executing upon ideas, until I found one that I think would really work.

Then once I had a descent amount of savings, I quit and went full force into my business idea...

But hey, there's many different ways to do it, whatever you do though, I'd recommend overcoming your doubts and work towards creating a real business, with a real product that offers real value.

(Edit: sorry, didn't realize how long this freakin post was. I was taking a break from writing and I guess the "some-what" writer in me decided to splurge everywhere.)

TL;DR: Just keep it until you've learned the sales aspect of it. Get another job that'll pay you more, then work towards building a real business. MLM's always make you think you'll be making more at the top, but inreality you'll probably always struggle unless you're the one that created the MLM company.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
If you do sell anything how much is the price of what you sell and how many if it do you sell a day.
I think you need to calculate how much you make a week or month minus the how much you spend in total during a week or month. I know it's not easy finding a stable job but we all have to get out of the holes we are in whether or not we dug them our selves or not.

e37.png

Are you serious? Reread the post's above you by @Ninjakid & @JAJT.

Also, read this - GOLD! - Gullible MLM junkies. SOS

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The truth is... The only one that makes the real money is the guy that created the MLM company. He doesn't struggle. Everyone else does.

The folks in the "inner circle" also do pretty good.

As I've said over and over, if you can succeed in an MLM with horrific odds and horrific pricing structures, you should be able to kill it in your own business, especially if it follows the CENTS Framework.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.