The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting out of the affiliate trap - From Spain :)

Bony3D

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 17, 2019
Hello everyone, my name is Juan Bonilla.
I am a Dominican Republic guy who lives in Spain since I was a kid.

I was a sidewalk boy until just a while ago.
I worked as customer service and computer technical support in a phone company, but I hated my job.
I wanted to change my situation, so I reduced the number of hours I worked at the phone company.
I used my free time to start my own business.
I rented an office with the intention of creating products or services that can help people and make me money.

I tried a lot of things that didn't work for me or I didn't know how to make them work ( Design websites, selling 3D printed figurines, repairing computers, giving website design courses...)
But the benefits I was getting were so low that they weren't even enough to pay the office rent.
After trying and researching a lot, I realized that another way to earn money was by promoting affiliate products, so I created a Youtube channel where I teach people how to create websites and promote the products and services of various hosting companies.
With affiliate marketing I am currently earning 10 times a month more than when I was an employee.
I recently bought the book "The Millonaire FastLane" in its Spanish version and this has opened my eyes.

9788417399375.jpg

I have realized that although I am now making a lot of money as an affiliate, I am really violating the commandment of Control, which can put me in a very vulnerable position in the future if I don't look for a better way to make money and create a business that is faithful to the 5 commandments.

That is why I have subscribed to this amazing community, in search of answers to my questions and if I can, to be able to help whoever may need it.

Thank you very much for creating this great community of entrepreneurs, this gives me many encouragement to move forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome Juan and thank you for a great introduction.

Congratulations on your success on YouTube, that can be a hard nut to crack. I know a few people who have built 30k+ subscribers and are looking to go full time this year. However they are only making money from YouTube ad payments (there are few affiliate opportunities in their niche). Obviously affiliate programs can be much more powerful as it's multiple dollars not cents. How large is your subscriber base?

Bony3D

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jan 17, 2019
Thank you very much for the welcome RazorCut :)
YouTube ads give very little money and it is not something that I consider a source of income, because to get a few dollars you have to have thousands or tens of thousands of views.
I see youtube ads more as something complementary to the main source of income, which in this case is affiliate marketing.

The main benefit of affiliate marketing from hosting companies is that they pay you big commissions for every sale.
The company I promote pays me between 50 to 150 dollars for each sale (depends on the number of sales you have accumulated in the month). In a good month there are days that I have up to 5, 6 or 7 sales, so imagine... But the normal is to have between one and two sales a day.
I've been promoting these products for a year as an affiliate and the normal situation in my case is to be earning approximately 3000 and 4000 dollars a month although there have been months that I've earned much more and others that much less, in that aspect this business is not consistent ...

Regarding how many subscribers I have ... Well that's the funniest thing of all.
When I started making real money, I had less than 2000 subscribers.
I currently have about 7000 subscribers.
What happens is that in the beginning the only way I had to reach people was by improving the SEO of my channel. I studied and applied techniques to improve the SEO and I was able to get a greater reach. More and more sales were coming and improving revenues, but not at the speed I wanted, so I began to try paying advertising on Google Adwords.
I studied the keywords that were suitable for my niche market. and with paid advertising I have between 2000 and 3000 daily visits to my website, which translates into those between 2 and 7 daily sales that I'm getting.

In short, what has made the biggest difference between earning a few hundred dollars a month to earning a few thousand dollars has been paying advertising, which sends a lot of traffic to my website and translates into much affiliate sales.

But as we all know, this affiliate marketing thing leaves you out of control of the whole business. I currently have no control over the final sale and over the customers I am sending to the company I promote.
I have no choice but to trust that the company I'm promoting won't cheat me, that the sales are well accounted for and that they don't kick me out of their affiliate program because of some "change in terms of service.
Even though I still get income through affiliate marketing, I'm looking for a way to create my own product or an alternative that gives me greater stability and control in the process.
Thank you very much :)

Boychamp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 13, 2019
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
But as we all know, this affiliate marketing thing leaves you out of control of the whole business. I currently have no control over the final sale and over the customers I am sending to the company I promote.
I have no choice but to trust that the company I'm promoting won't cheat me, that the sales are well accounted for and that they don't kick me out of their affiliate program because of some "change in terms of service.
Even though I still get income through affiliate marketing, I'm looking for a way to create my own product or an alternative that gives me greater stability and control in the process.
Thank you very much :)

First off, congrats on your success! But I wanted to jump in here on this part. Have you started creating an email list? If you haven't, you definitely should. Leverage your YouTube channel and website and start using those to actually collect emails of people that are consuming your content. You can create lead magnets (checklists, bonus guides, PDF's, etc) that you can link to from your channel to your site. This will give you A LOT more control because you OWN that and you know what the people are interested in. Additionally, you can then use this email list to first provide value but to also recommend other affiliate products. And, if you do ever decide to create your own product in this niche, it'll give you a HUGE leg up as a jumping off point.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Welcome to the forum.
As you have generated that amount from affliate marketing on your YT channel this indicates you will hopefully succeed on your next business. Good luck and keep going.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...