The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Our Product Into The Hotel Chains?

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
So for some time now I've been wanting to get our product into some hotel chains. The reason I've put off contacting people is because I had to take care of other important factors first.

I'm now ready to pursue this full speed.

I believe the Hotel chains is a logical next step, seeing as it's a massive market, and always expanding.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how I could get this started? I'm very curious to hear any ideas, the more info I can gather on this the better.

Thanks everyone!

Our Product > Pixel Prints

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
LOL ya that would make sense.

We're in the art business. This is our website > Pixel Prints

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
First and foremost don’t limit the art just to hotels. I can see the artwork in offices/hallways/backdrops of all sorts (like airports and restaurants etc etc etc). But if we’re just focusing on hotels, here’s all I can ad is: focus on up-and-coming hotels or hotels that will be remodeled. In other words, a 2 year old hotel is already going to be sitting pretty with what they already have. You need to keep you eye out for hotels that are in the works. Which is why I think you should also heavily focus on offices/buildings being built/redone (since they are happening more frequently than hotels).
They have buyers for hotel artwork (professional interior designers). Those are the folks you want to get your artwork to more than anything, as they are the ones who are hired by the hotels to pick out the art. They are the ones who are going to need to have a long list of art options so that they can help create the overall style/image/culture of the rooms.
You’ll literally have to pimp the artwork. There’s always going to be the logistics of sales, but don’t forget that the appeal of art is not just what is in the frame, but the details/story behind it. IE: how great would the piece called ‘Network’ sell in Silicon Valley simply because of the name? Don’t overlook any detail.
My father is an artist. His artwork is showcased in several hotels/venues across the US (ie: Vegas, New York, etc); he’s a sports artist so his work is big in sports venues. That’s where my art selling background comes from.

Lastly, here's a link to an article about various hotels who offer the artwork on display for sale to their guest that you might get something out of:

Hotels increasingly offer art for sale in their guest rooms

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Go to retailmba.com. They have a great program that will walk you through the process step by step. You'll learn how to contact the right people and how to pitch them.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Forgot about this thread. replys below.

First and foremost don’t limit the art just to hotels. I can see the artwork in offices/hallways/backdrops of all sorts (like airports and restaurants etc etc etc). But if we’re just focusing on hotels, here’s all I can ad is: focus on up-and-coming hotels or hotels that will be remodeled. In other words, a 2 year old hotel is already going to be sitting pretty with what they already have. You need to keep you eye out for hotels that are in the works. Which is why I think you should also heavily focus on offices/buildings being built/redone (since they are happening more frequently than hotels).
They have buyers for hotel artwork (professional interior designers). Those are the folks you want to get your artwork to more than anything, as they are the ones who are hired by the hotels to pick out the art. They are the ones who are going to need to have a long list of art options so that they can help create the overall style/image/culture of the rooms.
You’ll literally have to pimp the artwork. There’s always going to be the logistics of sales, but don’t forget that the appeal of art is not just what is in the frame, but the details/story behind it. IE: how great would the piece called ‘Network’ sell in Silicon Valley simply because of the name? Don’t overlook any detail.
My father is an artist. His artwork is showcased in several hotels/venues across the US (ie: Vegas, New York, etc); he’s a sports artist so his work is big in sports venues. That’s where my art selling background comes from.

Lastly, here's a link to an article about various hotels who offer the artwork on display for sale to their guest that you might get something out of:

Hotels increasingly offer art for sale in their guest rooms

Thanks for the great info Alana! Finding the designers is the hard part. But not impossible ;) Thanks for the link, I'll look into it.

Thanks rocksolid! I'll look into this too and some others, appreciate the feedback. cheers

Go to retailmba.com. They have a great program that will walk you through the process step by step. You'll learn how to contact the right people and how to pitch them.

Thanks Likwid24! I'll check out these guys to, I think I remember another thread where you mentioned these guys, or maybe it was someone else. Anyway, i'll see what there about. Cheers

Instead of selling how about renting the art work. Get a contract with a company and rotate the art work every 6 months or yr. Just a thought.

I've pondered this, there are a few problems. The main one being that it leaves me with a lot of overhang, which I don't want and shipping issues. But I'll think about it.

Thanks again everyone for the info.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
1. Contact Gordon Ramseys show Hotel Hell and see if your art can be plugged in some way, (if they are still making the show)

2. Hotels is going to be tough for the simple reason, they do not remodel often. or build new. and most have national design firms. you might want to call the design firms and see if you can get in some how.

Good Luck.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
1. Contact Gordon Ramseys show Hotel Hell and see if your art can be plugged in some way, (if they are still making the show)

2. Hotels is going to be tough for the simple reason, they do not remodel often. or build new. and most have national design firms. you might want to call the design firms and see if you can get in some how.

Good Luck.

Hotel Hell, ya that'd be cool.

My competitor gets there work into the Marriot, Hilton, Hyatt Hotels, HGTV hell they even got there artwork on Gossip Girl. And these guys are no big company by any means. Just curious how they did it. There's always a way, just gotta find it.

G

Guest12120

Hotel Hell, ya that'd be cool.
My wife's best friend used to work as a design producer for Hotel Hell. I can ask him for some contact info.

I work in hotel business in NYC. I can ask around if anyone would be interested in the products you are offering.

There is also a huge 54 story Hyatt in Times Square being built right now. Maybe you could try there too
http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Hyatt-Extell-Begin-Work-On-$300-Million-Hotel-Off-Times-Square/131817

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
My wife's best friend used to work as a design producer for Hotel Hell. I can ask him for some contact info.

I work in hotel business in NYC. I can ask around if anyone would be interested in the products you are offering.

There is also a huge 54 story Hyatt in Times Square being built right now. Maybe you could try there too
http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Hyatt-Extell-Begin-Work-On-$300-Million-Hotel-Off-Times-Square/131817

Thanks pkom79!!! That would be amazing. My email address is mark.vick@pixel-prints.com

And thanks again, I'll look into that project right now.

Let me know if you hear anything. Cheers

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto