The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get ready for automation. Do not fight it, yet embrace it.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Back in the summer I saw a highway worker with a remote and a robot lawn mower mowing the steep side of the hill by the bridge. Didn't save any labor but it was much safer than the guy on the tractor doing it.

That kiosk at McDonald's hasn't got my order wrong yet..... :smuggy:

It would be tough for a robot to take my job. I think all the cookies and milk would rust him out and he couldn't sleep near as good as I do in the afternoon :)

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
That kiosk at McDonald's hasn't got my order wrong yet
LOL this is great.

Maybe robots will help save this planet by doing a lot of the jobs that we were supposed to be doing and cut through all the union and corporate red tape and BS that never helped anyone or anything previously. Its about time this has happened.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
LOL this is great.

Maybe robots will help save this planet by doing a lot of the jobs that we were supposed to be doing and cut through all the union and corporate red tape and BS that never helped anyone or anything previously. Its about time this has happened.

I promise on my mother this is what happens when I order from a person..... Me: I'd like a biscuit just egg and sausage only. Cashier: So that's a biscuit with sausage and cheese. :arghh: McDonald's has actually put in a special button for a biscuit with only egg and sausage and it STILL confuses the cashiers! I have to tell them there is a special button for it. :inpain:

If I go to Jack In The Box.... Me: I'd like a biscuit with just egg and sausage only. Cashier: So you would like a breakfast Jack? ..... I don't even know what the hell a breakfast Jack is. Me: No, I just want a biscuit with egg and sausage. Cashier: Can you point to which one you want. :eek:

I've started going to Burger King sometimes during the day just so all I need to order is..... Can I have a thing of Chicken Fries to go please.... order done, no screw ups..... out the door.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Back in the summer I saw a highway worker with a remote and a robot lawn mower mowing the steep side of the hill by the bridge. Didn't save any labor but it was much safer than the guy on the tractor doing it.

Saw some of those this summer as well. Kinda looked like on of those Robot Wars robots. Imagine sitting around on your terrace, having a cold drink and playing around with one of those. Fun and utility in one

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Fun and utility in one
Scandinavia is almost entirely automated. Europe will follow suit i believe. The reason why it works in scandinavia is low population. With other european nations with healthy populi, may hear the cries and whines of the governments pushing back on this...

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
I currently work in automation in the Ag industry. Just released a new product last week. The precision automation industry is only going to get bigger.
HandsFreeFarm.com

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
I have had thoughts about what it would take to enter the space. The barrier to entry is high for labor automation because it takes teams of engineers and a lot of money and testing to get equipment like this working well. That means deep pockets.

I recently have seen adds for irobots mopping robot for the home.

One thing I am really surprised isn't way more widespread is automated lawn mowers. There are a few on the market for $2,000-5,000.

With understanding of machine learning becoming more proliferated I expect to see an uptick in automation.

Another industry making waves is 3D printing methods. This is going to lower the cost of hardware by orders of magnitude and make any shape one can dream of possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I currently work in automation in the Ag industry. Just released a new product last week. The precision automation industry is only going to get bigger.
HandsFreeFarm.com

My buddy is the largest farmer in Nebraska and he has had a lot of automation for years. He can move his large irrigation sprinklers from his computer. He just sits in his air conditioned tractor cab and waits to see if it buzzes. If it buzzes, that means x went wrong so he fixes it and moves on. He doesn't steer it, the tractor has a gps and he said most times by the time it gets to the end of the field it's less than 1 inch off of being perfect.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.