• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Get ready for automation. Do not fight it, yet embrace it.

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Arun Siva, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    Robot Janitors Are Coming to Mop Floors at a Walmart Near You

This is going to catch on extremely quickly if successful. All big box retailers and then some will incorporate this. Restaurants (big chains) as well. We must not fear automation, rather embrace it and develop it further for the betterment of business owners.

Santi Merino, GPM, SteveO and 6 others like this.
  2. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,130
    Back in the summer I saw a highway worker with a remote and a robot lawn mower mowing the steep side of the hill by the bridge. Didn't save any labor but it was much safer than the guy on the tractor doing it.

That kiosk at McDonald's hasn't got my order wrong yet..... :smuggy:

It would be tough for a robot to take my job. I think all the cookies and milk would rust him out and he couldn't sleep near as good as I do in the afternoon :)

ZF Lee, NateKruse, Arun Siva and 2 others like this.
  3. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    LOL this is great.

Maybe robots will help save this planet by doing a lot of the jobs that we were supposed to be doing and cut through all the union and corporate red tape and BS that never helped anyone or anything previously. Its about time this has happened.

minivanman and ZF Lee like this.
  4. shubham525

shubham525 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $689
  5. minivanman

Rep Bank:
    $10,130
    I promise on my mother this is what happens when I order from a person..... Me: I'd like a biscuit just egg and sausage only. Cashier: So that's a biscuit with sausage and cheese. :arghh: McDonald's has actually put in a special button for a biscuit with only egg and sausage and it STILL confuses the cashiers! I have to tell them there is a special button for it. :inpain:

If I go to Jack In The Box.... Me: I'd like a biscuit with just egg and sausage only. Cashier: So you would like a breakfast Jack? ..... I don't even know what the hell a breakfast Jack is. Me: No, I just want a biscuit with egg and sausage. Cashier: Can you point to which one you want. :eek:

I've started going to Burger King sometimes during the day just so all I need to order is..... Can I have a thing of Chicken Fries to go please.... order done, no screw ups..... out the door.

Arun Siva likes this.
  6. jon.M

jon.M Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $270
    Saw some of those this summer as well. Kinda looked like on of those Robot Wars robots. Imagine sitting around on your terrace, having a cold drink and playing around with one of those. Fun and utility in one

minivanman and Arun Siva like this.
  7. Arun Siva

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    darwinism will come into fruition in 10-15 years and weed these types out lol

minivanman likes this.
  8. Arun Siva

Rep Bank:
    $12,060
    Scandinavia is almost entirely automated. Europe will follow suit i believe. The reason why it works in scandinavia is low population. With other european nations with healthy populi, may hear the cries and whines of the governments pushing back on this...

Santi Merino likes this.
  9. ryanbleau

ryanbleau Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,295
    I currently work in automation in the Ag industry. Just released a new product last week. The precision automation industry is only going to get bigger.
    HandsFreeFarm.com

minivanman and SteveO like this.
  10. NuclearPuma

NuclearPuma Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,578
    I have had thoughts about what it would take to enter the space. The barrier to entry is high for labor automation because it takes teams of engineers and a lot of money and testing to get equipment like this working well. That means deep pockets.

I recently have seen adds for irobots mopping robot for the home.

One thing I am really surprised isn't way more widespread is automated lawn mowers. There are a few on the market for $2,000-5,000.

With understanding of machine learning becoming more proliferated I expect to see an uptick in automation.

Another industry making waves is 3D printing methods. This is going to lower the cost of hardware by orders of magnitude and make any shape one can dream of possible.

11. minivanman

Rep Bank:
    $10,130
    My buddy is the largest farmer in Nebraska and he has had a lot of automation for years. He can move his large irrigation sprinklers from his computer. He just sits in his air conditioned tractor cab and waits to see if it buzzes. If it buzzes, that means x went wrong so he fixes it and moves on. He doesn't steer it, the tractor has a gps and he said most times by the time it gets to the end of the field it's less than 1 inch off of being perfect.

12. ryanbleau

ryanbleau Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,295
    Chances are he's running some version of our older systems.

minivanman likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.