The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Germany - Munich

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Hi,

let's setup a meeting after th C0VlD-19 lockdown has been removed, or even better, a skype or zoom session if that fits you.

I am down for this as well.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
I live in Hamburg, but very often in Munich as well. Would also be interested in zoom call if someone sets it up, please pm me details.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxMax

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 22, 2020
Germany
I'm from Hamburg. I'm interested to meet fastlaners. Who is out there?

MaxMax

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 22, 2020
Germany
I'm down for a normal meetup in Hamburg. If somebody is interested in a Video Meetup (Whatsapp and co.) he can send me pm

designernils

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 3, 2023
Munich
Hello folk! Just checking in, are you still creating meetings in Munich or has it died down already?

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Yes am down for a munich meetup

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
When do you guys want to make the meet-up?

I'm in march back in Germany and would love to go to the meet-up.

designernils

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 3, 2023
Munich
What about on Sunday the 5th of March 2023? Is there anyone who would like to get together in Munich on that day (preferably in the afternoon around 14:00)?

Last edited:

ChristianGa0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 10, 2023
Germany
I know this is not the thread for this question and I have made a thread about it but I just wanted to hear some thoughts from Germans. I am doing a Ausbildung as restaurant Fachmann and the school is really boring me and the stuff they teach is not the direction where I am headed, along side this I am starting a business because I realized that I do not want to work such a job with a boss telling me what to do. my point really is to say I don’t really find it useful to do this Ausbildung and in my opinion I should focus on other things but I don’t want to quit and regret the decision

Edit: My thoughts are to pause it/quit it and work on my business and return to it once I have the time freedom to pursue it

Last edited:

designernils

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 3, 2023
Munich
I know this is not the thread for this question and I have made a thread about it but I just wanted to hear some thoughts from Germans. I am doing a Ausbildung as restaurant Fachmann and the school is really boring me and the stuff they teach is not the direction where I am headed, along side this I am starting a business because I realized that I do not want to work such a job with a boss telling me what to do. my point really is to say I don’t really find it useful to do this Ausbildung and in my opinion I should focus on other things but I don’t want to quit and regret the decision

Edit: My thoughts are to pause it/quit it and work on my business and return to it once I have the time freedom to pursue it
The questions are rather - how old are you and how much longer will the training / Ausbildung last?

If you don't have any previous training, I would do the training / Ausbildung as a backup and you will certainly learn something from this such as understanding customers' needs, feedback, networking and planning. They are also valuable lessons for a business owner. You should know, that as a business owner, you need happy customers, because they pay your salary. By the way, you can still do your business in your free time.

But in the end, it is just a suggestion from my perspective and you have to make your own decision.

ChristianGa0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 10, 2023
Germany
The questions are rather - how old are you and how much longer will the training / Ausbildung last?

If you don't have any previous training, I would do the training / Ausbildung as a backup and you will certainly learn something from this such as understanding customers' needs, feedback, networking and planning. They are also valuable lessons for a business owner. You should know, that as a business owner, you need happy customers, because they pay your salary. By the way, you can still do your business in your free time.

But in the end, it is just a suggestion from my perspective and you have to make your own decision.
Well I am 19 and just started in august, but the problem with my Arbeitgeber is that I don’t learn anything regarding networking and planning, all I do is waiter which is kinda boring and I don’t need a apprenticeship for that. My thought is to do this for a bit longer quit and find a sales course/ job

designernils

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 3, 2023
Munich
Well I am 19 and just started in august, but the problem with my Arbeitgeber is that I don’t learn anything regarding networking and planning, all I do is waiter which is kinda boring and I don’t need a apprenticeship for that. My thought is to do this for a bit longer quit and find a sales course/ job
Since you are quite young and just got started with waiting. You can try with other training if you think it is more suitable for you. Since you have read your Fastlane book - you can make a Weighted Average Decision Matrix (WADM) to make your decision-making easier. You can find the matrix in chapter 24.

ChristianGa0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 10, 2023
Germany
Since you are quite young and just got started with waiting. You can try with other training if you think it is more suitable for you. Since you have read your Fastlane book - you can make a Weighted Average Decision Matrix (WADM) to make your decision-making easier. You can find the matrix in chapter 24.
I was thinking about the WADM when I asked this question, because I remember MJ using this in the book and thought this could help me make a big decision. I mean waitering is quite fun but what bothers me is the school, I would wanna do the job without the school but I don’t think that is possible.

Because I am also thinking of quitting, working on my business full time and once I have entered the fastlane and escaped the rat race I will purse waiting as a hobby

designernils

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 3, 2023
Munich
What about on Sunday the 5th of March 2023? Is there anyone who would like to get together in Munich on that day (preferably in the afternoon around 14:00)?
Back to the topic - is anybody free on Sunday the 5th March 2023? We could get together in a café in Central Munich and have a nice chat.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Back to the topic - is anybody free on Sunday the 5th March 2023? We could get together in a café in Central Munich and have a nice chat.
i read that wrong i thought you had said May haha. I am not free in march but after end of april possibly.
Would def be down to hit up a biergarten or a cafe!

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Because I am also thinking of quitting, working on my business full time and once I have entered the fastlane and escaped the rat race I will purse waiting as a hobby
The truth that no one tells you is that it can take years to get to the point.
Let's take MJ for example, his journey took close to a decade till he scored the homerun.

My thought is to do this for a bit longer quit and find a sales course/ job
I like the idea

I know working a day job gets stigmatized, but it can help you a lot than you learn a skill and you get paid for it.
So when you already know in which direction you want to go, choose an Ausbildung / job that matches your direction and go for it.

You also can just do a bunch of internships till the next (Ausblidungs) session to figure out what you like and what not.

ChristianGa0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Feb 10, 2023
Germany
The truth that no one tells you is that it can take years to get to the point.
Let's take MJ for example, his journey took close to a decade till he scored the homerun.

I like the idea

I know working a day job gets stigmatized, but it can help you a lot than you learn a skill and you get paid for it.
So when you already know in which direction you want to go, choose an Ausbildung / job that matches your direction and go for it.

You also can just do a bunch of internships till the next (Ausblidungs) session to figure out what you like and what not.
I know that the journey is gonna take a lot of years to get to the point and I am ready to take that journey and enjoy the process of the journey how ever long it takes

yea it definitely can help learn a new skill which is my main goal the money I don’t really care, for all I care about they don’t even have to pay me and ill still be willing to go work and learn the skill. I might continue this Ausbildung as a waiter before the zwischenprüfung and quit then (who knows maybe by then my business will be somewhat running decent and i will focus on that full time) look for another Ausbildung or internship for sales and learn a skill there.

I have heard people saying that I should only focus on 1 thing whether it is the Ausbildung or business. some have said to quit the Ausbildung and only focus on building my business first, which I am considering doing

Last edited:

Intax

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2016
Munich, Germany
I’m free next Sunday and I’d be down. Anyone else?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.