The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary Halbert 30 day challenge Copywriting Group

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • How To Write A Good Advertisement
  • The Gary Halbert Letter (all back issues)
  • The Boron Letters
  • The Lazy Man's Way To Riches
  • Break-Through Advertising
  • 7-Steps To Freedom
Watching Superbowl and check out the commercials to see how they correlate with the book you read/reading.

livebig

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 23, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So I found this on amazon for $5. You want the fourth edition because it was the last one written completely by Caples, apparently the new fifth edition has many parts edited out or additions to the text.

Heres a link to the amazon page, it looks as though there are still a few available for $5. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0139069097/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

This page should be a direct link to all the fourth edition versions. You can see the white cover in the upper left hand corner, if thats not the book you get you can return it.

Just bought a copy of Tested Advertising Methods from the link above. $5.49 plus shipping!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am a little late to the party but I am going to start this. I got the first 2 books in PDF version and will start them right away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I am a little late to the party but I am going to start this. I got the first 2 books in PDF version and will start them right away.

I don't know if you had a chance to read the whole thread, But I set up a shared dropbox folder. If you PM me your email I will send you an invite. There is some pretty good stuff in there. The challenge is well organized.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
This is a personal request, first things off, I don't blame anyone for getting the PDF's, BUT, please, if the book (any book) was valuable to you, buy it afterwards. If you don't have the means to do it now, start making a list to make sure to give back everyone their fair share once you can.

I'm currently in the middle of traffic blackbook, once I finish I'll start this journey.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I'm going to burn out if I don't clear my plate..... This is one challenge I refuse to give up on. Just the little stuff I learned already gave me the edge I needed to make an important sale. Tomorrow I will spend 6 hours reading. I'm going to put this on my tv and just read

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This is a personal request, first things off, I don't blame anyone for getting the PDF's, BUT, please, if the book (any book) was valuable to you, buy it afterwards. If you don't have the means to do it now, start making a list to make sure to give back everyone their fair share once you can.

I love reading paper books. If I enjoy them chances are high I will read them again, that means buying physical copies! Good attitute to have as well

Carny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 20, 2013
I read that at least one of the books was in the public domain. I'm not well versed in copyright law, but I assumed that meant there was no problem with a bootleg copy. Is that correct?

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I read that at least one of the books was in the public domain. I'm not well versed in copyright law, but I assumed that meant there was no problem with a bootleg copy. Is that correct?
yup thats correct

Stephanos83

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 17, 2013
United Kingdom

I'm currently in the middle of traffic blackbook, once I finish I'll start this journey.[/quot
There are some who isnt doing going for the 30 day completion, so, you're not behind everyone.

I appreciate the encouragement. No worries, I intend to catch up regardless. After the challenge, I think it would be great if we could do take away reviews of what we found most valuable from all or our favorite resources. Enjoying the thread, thanks!

Feer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 14, 2013
I'll join in! I finished Scientific Advertising two days ago, now to set some reading goals and knock down the next few books :)

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I started this on the 29th so I guess my deadline for me is supposed to be feb 28?(30days), yikes! :jawdrop:

1825tulane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta
Count me in too. I've been a fan of Halbert's for years but never took the challenge.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Hahaha, nice! A member of the forum and I started this in a secret FB group a while back...except I had/have too much 'on my plate' so she got started with Gary's advice and I'll have to wait until later.

Anyone who feels "I'd LIKE to take the challenge... but I have too much going on right now" should still get started.

From the tone of the letter, it seems that it's designed for those who absolutely HAVE to get good in 30 days...
30 days isn't a necessity, it's a suggested timeframe built on a question. It would certainly work over 60 days, or 90, or 360.

even if it takes you 2 years to go through the complete training, you'll be happy in 2 years that you did it... rather than still waiting for that golden 30 days where you have nothing else going on.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Anyone who feels "I'd LIKE to take the challenge... but I have too much going on right now" should still get started.

From the tone of the letter, it seems that it's designed for those who absolutely HAVE to get good in 30 days...
30 days isn't a necessity, it's a suggested timeframe built on a question. It would certainly work over 60 days, or 90, or 360.

even if it takes you 2 years to go through the complete training, you'll be happy in 2 years that you did it... rather than still waiting for that golden 30 days where you have nothing else going on.

This is how I read it. I'll do as much as I can in 30 days - but I am busy. If it doesn't get done, oh well. I'll keep trucking until I do get done. If you wait until you are ready/have time, you'll never do it.

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
Scientific Reading by Claude Hopkins finished. Very quick read, a bit boring at times, but has a couple of very valuable lessons.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Can second what @oldfool wrote about Robert Collier Letter Book. Its a hard read if you dont know much about copywriting.

Will dig into Boron Letters now :)

Option

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 22, 2013
Netherlands
I'm also in!

Previously finished Boron Letters and Scientific Advertising.

Ill take Cashvertising as an extra book and target to finish the list March 3th.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

The 30 day time frame was not a big deal for me, but I do want to get things done as quickly and effectively as possible. I have my objectives planned out for early 2014 and I am sure I will finish the Gary Halbert recommended plan of action early Q2 of 2014, but maybe even sooner.

On my cork board is my partial game plan for the next 30 days (plus more). I'm doing 30 days for that because I am re-doing Victor Pride's 30 Days of Discipline haha :)

The things that I won't complete in 30 days is almost everything up there because it takes longer than 30 days. Although the only thing I am not starting yet is the stuff highlighted in pink and orange.

Read Gary's recommended books (orange highlighter list), green highlighter list (I've started that, it's a lot to do and includes copywriting), pink highlighter list (not my priority #1), INSANITY work out because it's 63 days long, college classes.

Instead of 20 mile march, I'd say I'm doing 30 mile march ;) I've been burned out before, it's not worth it.

PS: One thing that's up there is the time/date of the sunrise/sunset for the rest of 2014 which you can get here.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

I had to screen shot it, then print it out though...and it's only in 24 hour clock time format which I am starting to prefer now.

Attachments

• Game_Plan_Early_2014.jpg
    Game_Plan_Early_2014.jpg
    592.4 KB · Views: 118

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
The 30 day time frame was not a big deal for me, but I do want to get things done as quickly and effectively as possible. I have my objectives planned out for early 2014 and I am sure I will finish the Gary Halbert recommended plan of action early Q2 of 2014, but maybe even sooner.

On my cork board is my partial game plan for the next 30 days (plus more). I'm doing 30 days for that because I am re-doing Victor Pride's 30 Days of Discipline haha :)

The things that I won't complete in 30 days is almost everything up there because it takes longer than 30 days. Although the only thing I am not starting yet is the stuff highlighted in pink and orange.

Read Gary's recommended books (orange highlighter list), green highlighter list (I've started that, it's a lot to do and includes copywriting), pink highlighter list (not my priority #1), INSANITY work out because it's 63 days long, college classes.

Instead of 20 mile march, I'd say I'm doing 30 mile march ;) I've been burned out before, it's not worth it.

PS: One thing that's up there is the time/date of the sunrise/sunset for the rest of 2014 which you can get here.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

I had to screen shot it, then print it out though...and it's only in 24 hour clock time format which I am starting to prefer now.
I like how detail oriented you are. That is one thing i've never been great at...well not in writing it down anyway.

btw,great little military link. Salute.

livebig

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 23, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So my order was cancelled by seller on Amazon. Apparently there was an issue with his inventory. Oh well. I'll read the other books first. I wasn't able to find that particular book in PDF online.

A

Angus

• Scientific Advertising
  • The Boron Letters
  • The Lazy Man's Way To Riches
  • Break-Through Advertising
  • 7-Steps To Freedom
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • How To Write A Good Advertisement
  • The Gary Halbert Letter (all back issues)
Every book feels the same, I feel like I'm reading mindset books, haha.
Well, in reality every book gave some nice insight, I'm thankful, it's about the little things, the slight edge.
My deadline is 01/03/2014, sounds good. :D

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I like how detail oriented you are. That is one thing i've never been great at...well not in writing it down anyway.
btw,great little military link. Salute.

I used to be super sloppy. Then I started obsessively writing things down (even multiple times, the same things). Now I finally have it down, simple and clean.

It was a process ;)

I am starting to strip down my room and get rid of what I don't need. Most of it is unhealthy amounts of notes/paper haha.

You're welcome for the link. Watching the sunrise during a walk is a great way to start the day :)

PS: I wish I had gone into the military right after high school. It would have helped me out a lot.

Good luck with the challenge everyone!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.