Hi,
I am very interested in as mentioned in title, gaming industry.
I have did some research and people on different forums like gamedev, reddit etc. mostly are complaining that well it is oversaturated, or you need to have a huge amount of money, or luck and many other in my opinion excuses.
What I see is also that most of them, focus just on game ( well most of them do not even focus on doing great game, but some reskinned clones or let's call it student projects ), what is missing is marketing I think.
For sure people need to love game, normal need - many are playing games, some of them like 5 minutes simple games, some like FPS, RPG etc. Place for everyone. Gaming is giving entertainment.
How to be better than most of them ? Probably build audience using FB, twitter, instagram etc.
I don't really know how to get on it, except building great product.
Can you guys share your thoughts, on which focus, what to books read etc ?
Thanks!
I am very interested in as mentioned in title, gaming industry.
I have did some research and people on different forums like gamedev, reddit etc. mostly are complaining that well it is oversaturated, or you need to have a huge amount of money, or luck and many other in my opinion excuses.
What I see is also that most of them, focus just on game ( well most of them do not even focus on doing great game, but some reskinned clones or let's call it student projects ), what is missing is marketing I think.
For sure people need to love game, normal need - many are playing games, some of them like 5 minutes simple games, some like FPS, RPG etc. Place for everyone. Gaming is giving entertainment.
How to be better than most of them ? Probably build audience using FB, twitter, instagram etc.
I don't really know how to get on it, except building great product.
Can you guys share your thoughts, on which focus, what to books read etc ?
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
