Hey folks,
good to be back, let's make some progress!
Game Developement is a topic I rarely see here so I thought I'd share for those of you who are interested.
Ultimate Goal:
Develop an indie game and release it on the Nintendo Switch
Roadmap:
Background:
I'm not a mastermind god-developer but I've got the basic programming understanding down and can follow instructions + adapt as needed, so that should be good enough to get the job done.
On the personal side: 31 years old from Germany, 1 small child < 1 year. He's my motivation to execute on the Fastlane.
Ultimately, I want to spend more time with him and not be shackled to a day job (main job is in IT for > 10 years).
Progress:
Next Steps:
I have a more detailed breakdown of activities on my whiteboard (basically a sprint backlog). Will report back once the most important features are in place.
good to be back, let's make some progress!
Game Developement is a topic I rarely see here so I thought I'd share for those of you who are interested.
Ultimate Goal:
Develop an indie game and release it on the Nintendo Switch
Roadmap:
Proof of Concept
- Develop proof of concept
- Get feedback
Steam Release (Early Access)
- Create prototype / alpha version of game
- Release as Steam Early Access --> get feedback
Switch Release (Full Game)
- Find small indie publisher (or good resources / support) for releasing on Nintendo Switch
- Get into Nintendo Developer program
- Port game to Nintendo Switch
- Marketing / Release campaign
- Release game on Switch
Background:
I'm not a mastermind god-developer but I've got the basic programming understanding down and can follow instructions + adapt as needed, so that should be good enough to get the job done.
On the personal side: 31 years old from Germany, 1 small child < 1 year. He's my motivation to execute on the Fastlane.
Ultimately, I want to spend more time with him and not be shackled to a day job (main job is in IT for > 10 years).
Progress:
- Got the basics in Unity (game engine) down, completed a 30-ish parts tutorial while following along. This should be sufficient to get the basic game mechanics going
- Rough game concept completed --> for now I'll focus on high level planning + action-taking reports here instead of "game design" talks. Let me know if anyone's interested in the details though
Next Steps:
- Implement core gameplay mechanics
- Basic movement (90% done)
- Specials (work in progress)
- Vertical movement (not yet started)
- Demo Level (70% done)
I have a more detailed breakdown of activities on my whiteboard (basically a sprint backlog). Will report back once the most important features are in place.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
