The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fundamentals of SUCCESSFUL eCommerce?

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into eCommerce, but I don't want to end up as an average eCommerce retailer.

Rather, I want to build a wildly successful venture out of it.

In your opinion, what are the key variables to building a very successful eCommerce business that rakes in 6-7 figure profits annually?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
There's really only 2 main ones in my opinion.

1. Value - You can't be just another seller in your niche, you have to be able to offer customers more value that your competitors. That doesn't mean you have to do something completely unique, it just means you have to do things better. Whether that's selling a superior product, making the ordering processes easier, offering superior customer support or service, have better product descriptions and images. The more of these you can excel in the better. If you go into a market where you can offer customers a lot more value than your competitors then you'll do well.

2. Traffic - There's no point providing value if you don't know how to get people to see what you're offering. Whether it be SEO, PPC, cold calling, door to door you need to have a solid plan to get customers to find what it is you're offering. Master and implement as many methods as is practical to get your products or services in people's faces.

Zefty

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 14, 2018
India
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into eCommerce, but I don't want to end up as an average eCommerce retailer.

Rather, I want to build a wildly successful venture out of it.

In your opinion, what are the key variables to building a very successful eCommerce business that rakes in 6-7 figure profits annually?

dont create a me too product

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
A clear plan to where you want to be with detailed systems and processes for how to get there.

Then, work the plan.

Your business is your product... Not what you sell.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
The more I've evaluating different eCommerce stores and seeing what the successful ones have in common are some things others have mentioned above like:
- Attractive and efficient website
- Good brand story depicting your differentiating factors
- Great copy that builds emotion and speaks to users' benefits of choosing you
- Quality images! (sometimes I see good websites but shitty images.. in my opinion they could be doing so much better if they were to just spend a little to obtain pro-quality images, something so easy to do but most don't do)
- Product videos/demos, Manuals, Useful content
- Show personality/humanity in the brand story.. some people still have super corporate 'About Me' pages and other pages that, at least for me, puts me off

Probably so much more but these were the ones that came to the top of my head ATM.. I think you could bundle them up into Customer Experience.. I find that even though I reach a site knowing I'm only there to evaluate/analyze, when I come across sites that do the above so well, I unconsciously lose track of what I'm evaluating and I go along the website being sucked in by the story, the copy, the images, and the way they're talking to me, until I can snap back out of it and see that I was caught in the experience they built into their site..

I personally think this is huge for eCommerce

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Tai Lopez did multiple live streams going over elements that make a successful website.

The bad news is...he made all of them unlisted. So if you never saw them...you shit outta luck.

The good news is...I saved them all.

I dont know how much time you have but its worth watching them all because there's gold nuggets sprinkled through out the videos that will definitely help you build a powerful site.

Here they are:

Website tips are toward the end in this video:

The link below goes to a video on his periscope. He dropped a lotta good tips in this video:
Tai Lopez @tailopez

I have a few more links but I think those are the best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Thanks guys.

Looks like its mainly selling a strong product/experience with smart ways of getting traffic in a cost effective manner.

I was thinking of targeting a specific niche and using that niche's influencers to sell my superior products to their audience (giving the influencers a cut in the process).

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Thanks guys.

Looks like its mainly selling a strong product/experience with smart ways of getting traffic in a cost effective manner.

I was thinking of targeting a specific niche and using that niche's influencers to sell my superior products to their audience (giving the influencers a cut in the process).

What you described is a single marketing process, not a business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.