• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION From Zero to Hero

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by raad182, Jan 3, 2019.

1. raad182

raad182 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $391
    progress? Finished The Unscripted
    current irons in the fire? Nothing (Motivation dropped hard)
    current mindset? Trying to make a buck outside my job.
    what will be accomplished this week? Get back the 1$>2$ task but with a bottle of water instead a pen. I perceived that people were a little bit scared and confused about a jacked 6 feet dude selling a pen on the street.

And wrote these things from Unscripted on a small piece of paper to think about...

- What value can I provide to others?
    - Others need to find it valuable not me.
    - I don't need to use what I sell.
    - Do I have something that others want?
    - There isn't anything in the world that can't be made better.

Besides that, searched for complains about products, current trends, best selling items (in almost every category) and nothing.

All I hear is about other people body shape...My mom saying " Raad, I want to lose weight, what should I do? " , went to lunch with a co-worker " Aren't you eating carbs? How long have you been working out? " but I don't see how can I provide value or create a business in a saturated health and fitness market.

And then started to feel bad about myself (burn out?!) for not being able to spot an opportunity.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,895

raad182 likes this.
  3. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,895

raad182 likes this.
  4. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $23,895
    @raad182 quit the pitty party and get to work. you have plenty of ideas. start failing. see failure as an accomplishment. you are closer to the prize. pick an idea and put your soul into it for the rest of the day. then report back.

raad182 likes this.
  5. Surf16

Surf16 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $67
    I was in the same boat my man.
    But I looked at every thing through different eyes after reading TMF.
    I'm on to Unscripted now.
    A good friend approached me a couple months ago about starting something new so he could get out of the rat race.
    We looked at our passions... nothing!
    We then began looking at how we could impact millions by solving daily problems. BOOM!
    We discovered something we both find annoying and are pushing forward fast. Well, not that fast, it is all a daily grind but we love it.
    Since you are into fitness look at things that you see everyday at the gym that people are doing wrong (bad form, wrong positioning, etc). Could you invent or improve something that helps? Or maybe a product that helps soreness after training. Or how you could make a piece of equipment better. I know after my forearms where bruised after knife defense in Krav Maga I thought of Forearm guards!!! I was in pain and thought of how I could have prevented that!
    Keep your head up and keep focusing on the end game.

6. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $391
    Hey @ZCP , okay just found something to working on.
    I will build a basic game for android using Unity (a free engine), I want it to be really simple as Tetris yet addictive, enjoyable but to bring some value to the player maybe some knowledge like a foreign language. Still brainstorming what kind of game.

1. Get familiar with Unity
    2. Brainstorm game ideas
    3. Pick one
    4. Create
    5. Publish
    6. Feedback
    7. Act, assess, adjust
    8. Failed ( )Y ( )N

What do you think?

7. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $23,895
    Time to up your standards. You now have something listed in ONE of the boxes below.
    What are you doing in the other boxes?

1. I will buy anything for $1 and sell for 2$
    2. I will cold-approach 4-5 women
    3. I will gradually change my mindset from " Take " to " Give ".
    4. I will practice Forex a little bit more
    5. I will get back to sports betting
    6. Create an online passive source of income that demands less than 4hour/day of work.
    .....unity game
    7. Start a profitable business
    8. Get in the best physique of my life
    9. Often I have some free time at my corporate job that I could use to learn something.
    10. Time with friends and nightlife
    11. Willing to do whatever it takes to live the life of my dreams.

Keep adding to this list and evolving. If you a ditching something, line through it (list why) and work on the next one. You are young, full of energy, and low on ideas. Put a minimum of 1 hour each week into each box. You need to keep as many paths going as you can until something pops up that requires 200% of your attention. This list will help you on your journey as you add information / feedback / failures.

Now quit half assing and truly get to work on your life! Get to work!

Roz likes this.
  8. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $23,895
    @raad182 filling up these boxes? have something going on #4, right?
    what about the others? make some progress today!

9. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $23,895
    Bump

raad182 likes this.
  10. TKDTyler

TKDTyler Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,679
    Something in me is telling myself that his “why” is not strong enough. Whenever your why is strong enough, you find a way to make it happen.

I don’t think shotgunning ideas is going to help something stick tbh. The passion that he will think he finds will be out of progression and monatary return - money chasing if you will.

I believe that at this point there is a major lack of focus, confidence, and experience that he just needs to focus on one idea, regardless of how terrible the idea is, and learn what it is to go through a process of creation to success/failure. Start building proper muscle memory!

It may even be beneficial to chose something that he has a huge educational benefit, but will most likely fail just so he can go through the process of abstract thinking and process to try and make it work. That changes the thought pattern from “I hope this works / will this work?” to “how do I make this work?”

I think building the proper mentality is more important right now than anything else, and that comes from action, experience (success or failure), and reflection.

Suzanne Bazemore likes this.
  11. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $391
    Hey guys, sorry for getting quiet but I needed to go offline a bit, listen to my surroundings and decide what I should focus. For the 1st time in my life, Im in touch with real entrepreneurs and everytime I came here with my self-beating words, I felt like a sh!T.
    Yesterday I went for a run at the most popular park here and saw a mid-age guy with a tshirt " #developer " pushing his baby carriage with his wife and I've thought " Sorry but screw that, I don't want to live like that " and then I passed by a popular poker club, there were a lot of brand new cars and I felt a good energy coming out from that place and thought " Thats my thing ", later I played online poker from the comfort of my bed " I need to get good at this " popped in my mind.

So I came up with a few things...
    - I've played Poker (300 hands until now) and Im seeing progress...Already read one book and will get serious about it.
    - I will drop the idea of creating a language learning game for kids, it will take a lot of time since I know nothing about it.
    - My mother was watching some TV about how important it is to use sunscreen on a daily basis and then...A complain " Yeah right but there is no cheap sunscreen " and then I went for that run (at the start of this post) and said to myself " If my mother mention the sunscreen again when I get back home, this is a signal " and for GOD, I got back home, took a shower and 5minutes later she came again with some sunscreen in hand " Look Raad182, Is this sunscreen good? Its not cheap " and I took a look, it was some random imported sunscreen and my head was like * BANG *. I don't know how hard will be to solve this problem but I will go until the end with this idea.

So @ZCP , now I have two things worth pursuing and I will execute both of them on a daily basis...Wish me luck!

12. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $23,895
    Have you put what you have done and what you are stopping doing (with all the why info) into your entrepreneur log? Am guessing no. That you are dabbling and doing 'flavor of the month'.

Use a systematic approach. Identify an idea, research it, test it, learn, pivot. Log and note everything you do, whether / how it works, and WHY it worked or didn't work. This will be invaluable to you as you move forward.

Go back to your list of 11 and log here what you are doing on each or what you have stopped and why. Add any new ideas.

Then list what will get done the week. Then get it done. ...... time to give back and post this for those coming behind you!

Rabby likes this.
  13. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $23,895

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.