• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    How to Get Rich by Felix Denis

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: How to Get Rich, Felix Denis (Review | Discuss)

EXECUTION From Zero to Hero

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by raad182, Jan 3, 2019.

1. raad182

raad182 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $611

1. Fitness Persona

C - Totally on control, the only downsides would be external events and time (get old).
    E - Its a biological lottery, not everyone has aesthetics lines, easy to build muscle, lose bodyfat and maintain a good physique 365/y.
    N - People know what to do, there are loads of info for free on the internet but they don't have a person with a similar routine showing that its possible without being a meathead, taking steroids. I see that most of people fail to achieve their dream bodies is lack of motivation to stay disciplined and I would provide that on a daily basis.
    T - Would to keep it updated on a daily basis.
    s - Don't see much of it

Productocracy - Not at all

Problem to be solved - Lack of guindance and motivation for those who want to change their bodies and can't afford plans or trainers.

Target Customer - those who want to change their bodies and can't afford plans or trainers.

What is needed - A good body, camera, good clothes, social media presence

Conclusion: Shit idea, Its not a business at all just my desire. Self serving.

NEXT!

Vadim26 likes this.
  2. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,265
    Slowly the tide begins to turn. Eyes begin to open. Great things are coming.

There will be a big failure. Maybe another. Will @raad182 fight through them? Once he is on the path to success, will he send the elevator back down? Get your popcorn. Let's get to work!

hustlebear likes this.
  3. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,265
    @raad182 start putting the other ideas up here ...... talk them through ..... get deep in the analysis.....

raad182 likes this.
  4. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    2. Niche Job Board
    C - Totally on control besides the website hosting.
    E - Low entry barrier
    N - Quick simple jobs that doesn't require previous experience or knowledge.
    T - Only basic maintenance
    s - Scalable for other cities

Productocracy - Fast uncomplicated hiring for employees and quick jobs for employers.

Problem to be solved - unemployment

Target Customer - Students, unexperienced people, unemployeds, hustlers

What is needed - A website and some research to find the first opportunities.

Conclusion: 7/10 idea, better than the previous one. Worth a try but need to do some quick research if already there is something like this around.

5. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    3. Astro Readings
    C - Totally on control besides the website hosting.
    E - High entry barrier. Its an abstract knowledge without real evidence that requires years to learn and develop.
    N - Self-knowledge and guindance for those who believe.
    T - I would need to do the readings myself but I could schedule the time.
    s - Not possible

Productocracy - Answer the most interesting questions about yourself, self-knowledge and development.

Problem to be solved - Lack of direction and self-awareness.

Target Customer - astrology crew

What is needed - A website, Instagram following and years of knowledge.

Conclusion: It wouldn't be possible to separate my time from the business and its hard to find customers for such service. Not worthy

6. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    4. Hookers Website
    C - On control of the website but not in control of the workers, the quality of their services and reputation.
    E - Low barrier
    N - easy sex
    T - not linked
    s - totally depeding on the # of girls

Productocracy - Better place to find these professionals.

Problem to be solved - easy sex

Target Customer - implied

What is needed - A website, girls and a good lawyer.

Conclusion: Not worthy. I could have trouble related to a service I can't control or monitor and lots of headaches. Its a crime being a pimp here, not that I would be but could lead to some discussions around this plus this wouldn't be something different from what is already in the market.

Declined ideas
    - Local Marketing Agency (500k population city) - High initial investment.
    - Ice making - Crowded market
    - Membership site - Didn't found a niche people would pay for joining.
    - Simple addictive game - Hard to build, hard to market, hard to standout, hard to make a profit.
    - Cell repair - There is one in almost every corner.
    - Product for Pets - Would be a solution for dogs to pee while they are outside but there are diapers in a affordable price.

7. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $25,265
    @raad182 go through FULL cents and analysis on all your declined ideas........ you are building a muscle here and it needs exercise...... don't half do this.......

8. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    UPDATE:
    I found a business idea worth trying, that finally match CENTS and my resources.
    I don't want to provide much of detail here but I found a way to offer a on demand service for a cheaper price.
    I must execute the idea this weekend and will let you guys know how things are working.
    I've tested the market, asking people if they would buy such thing and the answer is always " Absolute fckng yes! "
    Im happy because for the 1st time I've found something worthy (as you can see on my previous posts).

Besides that Im studying copywriting and getting better at Poker :D

9. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Update:
    Exausted but created the website, registered the domain, linked the payment service and its almost ready to go live (waiting the domain confirmation).
    Tomorrow I will create the Instagram/Facebook pages, create the template for the social media posts and then its SALES time!!!
    I will be back when I close the 1st sale.
    Wish me luck!

10. ZCP

Rep Bank:
    $25,265
    Some action is good. Focus first and foremost on sales!!

MTEE1985 and raad182 like this.
  11. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Update: The website is live and its already showing on Google's search, payment service is ok too, now comes the marketing phase.
    I will make some stickers to put around the city and some flyers to physical distribuition. Online I have a plan to grow the Instagram and Facebook page.
    So there will be...
    200 flyers
    200 Stickers
    300 Social Media Posts
    Goal > 1st Sale

MTEE1985 likes this.
  12. MTEE1985

MTEE1985 The world belongs to the risk takers Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $985
    Now that it’s ready, what about these people? They should be your first sale if they were that enthusiastic initially.

raad182 likes this.
  13. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Co-workers, I don't want them to know that I was working on something else on the side. They may get envy (I know them) and I want some " real customer " feedback.

14. JohnnyBme

JohnnyBme New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $6
    How did you start, and how long did you get to 19k subs?
    I'm thinking about starting a channel for a while, I made 3 videos on it but they are meme edits, and not something I think I can do for the long run.
    I have a lot of ideas for videos, and a "video bank" based on other youtubers I like.
    But I am really anxious about speaking/showing my face online, we're you showing yourself in videos, and if so how did you get past the enitial fear?

15. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    My videos are vlogs, so its just me and the camera. I've never had fear about being in front of a camera. I've been into bodybuilding for a long time and at the gym guys often would come at me for advice or asking how to achieve that kind of body, this used to happen 3 times a week, So I had a demand. One day I was at home with some free time and recorded a 5min video giving tips, posted in a few forums and it became viral, then another and another but I've always struggled with being consistent. This first video was uploaded 6 years ago, so Youtube was way different, there were way less channels and the content was less professional than today.

For the fear, I would say practice, practice and practice. There is a reason why athletes and musicians practice for hours on a daily basis. The more you record and watch yourself, you will feel more confident and be able to spot what you are doing wrong, what you could improve and so on...

One more thing, think long term. What is the goal of your youtube channel? Make money? Fame? Generate a following? A hobby? The answer will tell how much you should invest.

JohnnyBme likes this.
  16. JohnnyBme

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Hey, first of all, thanks a lot!
    That's a nice story, probs for that confidence.
    For me, I made a video 3 weeks ago on a meme (which I don't really want my content to be in general, or think I can produce high quality stuff like that to compete and grow) and it got reuploaded to a local meme facebook page, and got 10k views there (afterwards I got credit and my actual video got 700 views) but it showed me, maybe I should give it a try?
    Yeah that's very true, I should do it. I should just record some videos, I have some ideas.
    I think I'll take a baby-step approach, first with only talking, and after I get used to that and improve, I'll record infront of a camera.
    Actually, just like 20 minutes ago I was practicing infront of the mirror, talking like a youtuber - saying the usual words, talking as if it's a video, pointing to the description... etc. And it wasn't that bad!
    I really gotta stop procrastinating and record something.
    I am slowly making a "video bank" word document with every idea I get. I think I'm gonna do some rambling commentaries, and with time I should find a better idea of which content I want to create (I think of vlogs as a student helping with "student problems" when I'll be in college soon, general stuff about self improvement, book reviews, but also fun stuff like gaming and memes).

For now it's a hobby, but I do want to take it seriously and in the future earn ad revenue and turn it from a slowlane hobby to a fastlane career.

sorry for the TLDR, and thanks!

17. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Man, just record the full video as you were going to upload it and do it now. Baby steps won't lead you where you want to go.

If you want to turn this hobby into a profession, you will need to take it profissionally. Write the script, set up the equipment and go for it. Record 10 videos like you were going to upload it and then watch, take notes of what could be improved, learn the lessons and record again, create a goal like " I MUST record 10 videos per week during one month ".

But do something NOW.

JohnnyBme likes this.
  18. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    UPDATE:

No more Poker for me, after a few trials I've perceived that it isn't for me. I was getting better everyday but you need to play for hours and I just can't help myself but think about the opportunity cost of the activity itself. While I was there spending 3-4 hours a day staring at a display, I could do something else plus its almost impossible to be consistent, one day you lose a lot, other you win a little than you lose it all and after that you hit the gold... In the long term this can play a tool on your health.

I've distributed all the flyers and putted the stickers in strategic places where my target public frequents daily and... NOT EVEN A VIEW but the funny part is that Im not sad at all, actually Im feeling great to put some real effort into something, now I will start do develop some online presence through social media. I've created a 6-month plan with daily steps then I will decide if I should drop the idea or not.

19. JohnnyBme

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Thanks, you are right. I did actually make a video as if I'm uploading it yesterday,
    what I meant with baby steps is first practicing with voice only, and then voice+face.

This is really interesting and looks good, hope it works well for you.

20. raad182

Rep Bank:
    $611
    Just one more tip, when you are in the entertainment, people or your public aren't your customers, they are the " goods " you will sell when you are dealing with your real customers (marketing agencies, companies and the likes).

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.