The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From USA

airwalk111

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 22, 2017
Missouri, United States
Hello, I am happy that I am here to read and learn all that I can! Currently I am a high school senior and honestly the real world terrifies me, and being stuck in the rat race scares me even more.
As of right now, I have been admitted to a near by engineering college, and my plan is to go for a computer engineering, computer science, and an MBA degrees in the next five years. After school I plan to start my own technology company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to be. I hope you find some value here that you can apply to your own life.

I understand your apprehension about the "real" world and the "rat race", I was in exactly the same shoes some (ahem) years ago. I'd guess that the most encouraging thing I could say is this...the "real" world is not that much different from high school. Most people never really grow up much anyway, so they are the same as they were then. A jerk in high school is probably still a jerk 10 years later. The nice guys in high school are usually still nice guys. Females...idk. I didn't understand them then and still don't.

Perhaps the "real" world seems scary because we have had so little real experience in it. Once you begin to get a bit more life experience you'll see that you can handle it, and even the "worst case scenario" here in America is not that bad. If you get the chance to travel the globe and see some 3rd world countries, do it, and you'll understand what I mean.

You are enough and you can do it.

Best Wishes!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.