The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From money-chaser to value-maker

Matthieu P.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 15, 2018
France
Hi everybody,

First, I want to see that I read the Millionaire Fastlane and that I'm almost done with Unscripted , and these books really changed my life ! I always felt that the Sidewalk and Slowlane were deeply wrong and that there had another way of doing things, so the first chapters of both books merely validated what I already thought.

But the way I thought I could escape it was that a dreampreneur, money-chaser and passive income cultist. I've done the usual :

- I've joined a MLM program convinced I would very easily get a lot of passive income, thinking that the people warning me about it were just wage-slaves sheeples.
- I've looked a lot at what investments could get me a lot of money every year, also convinced that my meagre savings could make me rich thanks to the oh-so-magical compounds interests.
- I've taken courses on how to make money with Dropshipping and Amazon FBA, not thinking one second that if there was a lot of very popular and easy courses then it likely wouldn't make me rich quickly.

So when I read the parts where MJ talked about this, it gave me the slap in the face I so desperately needed. Now I'm ashamed of all the time and money I wasted chasing money, but also grateful that I read these books now and not 10 years later.

Now, my goal is to build a business that follows the CENTS guidelines as well as possible, in order to become a millionaire and retire before I'm 40 (I'm 26 now). I believed I already had my FTE, since I hate my job, I hate the very concept of having to sell 40 hours of my life every week and watch myself slowly agonize over the years, so I really feel like I am obligated to become an entrepreneur.
However, knowing myself, the long desert between the fading of my initial motivation and the start of the feedback loop will be very hard on me, as even working 10 hours a day for 6 days a week seems a lot to me, so I'm hoping that becoming part of a community of entrepreneurs will give me the emulation I need. And in addition, I'm still new to this, so I hope that I can learn a lot, share tips and tricks with others, and also inspire recovering dreampreneurs like me with my journey.

Oh, and by the way, what I want to do is build an online shop that sells art assets to video game developers who can't draw or can't afford a professional artist. I had a do-what-you-love phase where I wanted to make indie games for a living, and I thought that the offer in terms of game art was somewhat lacking - it is a big mess, and I wished that there was just one big shop with a consistent style and a lot of choice for me to illustrate whatever game I wanted to do.

Anyway, I wrote more than I thought I would so I will stop here, sorry. Super thrilled to be here, and I'm looking forward to growing with you !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

A. Rodriguez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 5, 2018
Nigeria
Hi everybody,

First, I want to see that I read the Millionaire Fastlane and that I'm almost done with Unscripted , and these books really changed my life ! I always felt that the Sidewalk and Slowlane were deeply wrong and that there had another way of doing things, so the first chapters of both books merely validated what I already thought.

But the way I thought I could escape it was that a dreampreneur, money-chaser and passive income cultist. I've done the usual :

- I've joined a MLM program convinced I would very easily get a lot of passive income, thinking that the people warning me about it were just wage-slaves sheeples.
- I've looked a lot at what investments could get me a lot of money every year, also convinced that my meagre savings could make me rich thanks to the oh-so-magical compounds interests.
- I've taken courses on how to make money with Dropshipping and Amazon FBA, not thinking one second that if there was a lot of very popular and easy courses then it likely wouldn't make me rich quickly.

So when I read the parts where MJ talked about this, it gave me the slap in the face I so desperately needed. Now I'm ashamed of all the time and money I wasted chasing money, but also grateful that I read these books now and not 10 years later.

Now, my goal is to build a business that follows the CENTS guidelines as well as possible, in order to become a millionaire and retire before I'm 40 (I'm 26 now). I believed I already had my FTE, since I hate my job, I hate the very concept of having to sell 40 hours of my life every week and watch myself slowly agonize over the years, so I really feel like I am obligated to become an entrepreneur.
However, knowing myself, the long desert between the fading of my initial motivation and the start of the feedback loop will be very hard on me, as even working 10 hours a day for 6 days a week seems a lot to me, so I'm hoping that becoming part of a community of entrepreneurs will give me the emulation I need. And in addition, I'm still new to this, so I hope that I can learn a lot, share tips and tricks with others, and also inspire recovering dreampreneurs like me with my journey.

Oh, and by the way, what I want to do is build an online shop that sells art assets to video game developers who can't draw or can't afford a professional artist. I had a do-what-you-love phase where I wanted to make indie games for a living, and I thought that the offer in terms of game art was somewhat lacking - it is a big mess, and I wished that there was just one big shop with a consistent style and a lot of choice for me to illustrate whatever game I wanted to do.

Anyway, I wrote more than I thought I would so I will stop here, sorry. Super thrilled to be here, and I'm looking forward to growing with you !
Welcome to the forum Mathieu. Your business concept is really awesome. Will love to see your progress thread on it. Good luck.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend. 26 isn't too late to get it started! Heck, that was about the time I started to "get it."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.